OT - Autism Music

Old August 21st 09, 02:07 AM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
toto

Default OT - Autism Music

As many of you know, my grandson was diagnosed with autism when he was
18 months old. He has made great progress. In the course of finding
out about autism, I joined several online support groups. One of
those was babycenter's autism board. When babycenter changed and
deleted many of our old boards, many of us migrated to a private
board. One of the women who did so is an Australian mom of a boy just
about Nikhi's age. She has written a song that has been launched at
an autism conference in Australia. It is a beautiful song. My friend
wrote the lyrics. It is sung in this version by a Vietnamese
Australian who has a wonderful voice. The plan is to translate it
into Vietnamese and give it free to all special needs parents of
Vietnamese ancestry because their culture has little support for
parents with special needs children.

I am sending the link *and* the lyrics. I hope you enjoy it. Pass it
on to anyone you believe might be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AutismSpectrumMusic

The singer is Thanh Bui, a winner of Australian Idol who is of
Vietnamese ancestry.

Through My Eyes

See the world through my eyes
It changes shape and it changes size
It’s not quite the world you see.
If you could find a way to look around inside my mind,
Maybe you would understand me.

Chorus: Cause I’m not blind, but I can’t always see.

I’m not deaf, but things can sound strange to me
I’m not trapped, but it’s hard to feel free.
Imagine what it’s like to be me.
Imagine what it’s like to be me.

It’s hard for me to try to think things through,
to talk like you.
Everything can be a blur sometimes.
But if you walk along beside me,
take my hand and guide me
together any mountain we can climb.

Chorus

Dreamin’ of my future and it’s brighter than you know
I’ll get there on a different road, we’re not afraid to go.
I don’t need pity.
I don’t need tears.
I just need someone to help me understand my fears.
Show me you believe in me.
Let me know I’m ok.
Help me feel safe in the world and I will find my way

Chorus

Imagine what it’s like
Imagine seeing the world through my eyes
--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits