A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » misc.kids » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Tips on picking baby gender



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 13th 07, 09:22 PM posted to misc.kids
mommycom
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Tips on picking baby gender

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!

Thank you.

  #2  
Old December 13th 07, 10:05 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 447
Default Tips on picking baby gender

mommycom wrote in

oups.com:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would
like one more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but
if it doesn't happen, we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods.
Does anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


gender is determined by the father. folk advice works as well
as any random chance
lee
  #3  
Old December 13th 07, 10:11 PM posted to misc.kids
mommycom
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 13, 1:05 pm, enigma wrote:
mommycom wrote
oups.com:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would
like one more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but
if it doesn't happen, we'll still be very happy.


We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods.
Does anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


gender is determined by the father. folk advice works as well
as any random chance
lee


I was hoping someone had some "magical" information that I had not
heard of. ;-) Oh well. Thank you. :-)
  #4  
Old December 14th 07, 12:33 AM posted to misc.kids
Renee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 13, 2:22 pm, mommycom wrote:
We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!

Thank you.


Well, female sperm are slower but live longer than male sperm or so
I've heard. So, if you have sex right before ovulating, the chances
for a girl are better, since the male sperm have died off before the
egg appears. If you wait until right after you ovulated, the male
sperm have a better chance of reaching the egg first, since they are
faster. But, I think this only improves your odds slightly, since
there are about a million of those suckers.

Renee
  #5  
Old December 14th 07, 12:39 AM posted to misc.kids
mommycom
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 13, 3:33 pm, Renee wrote:
On Dec 13, 2:22 pm, mommycom wrote:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.


We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


Thank you.


Well, female sperm are slower but live longer than male sperm or so
I've heard. So, if you have sex right before ovulating, the chances
for a girl are better, since the male sperm have died off before the
egg appears. If you wait until right after you ovulated, the male
sperm have a better chance of reaching the egg first, since they are
faster. But, I think this only improves your odds slightly, since
there are about a million of those suckers.

Renee


Thanks Renee! Well, here we go again ... ;-)
  #6  
Old December 14th 07, 04:26 AM posted to misc.kids
RosalieAnn Beasley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Tips on picking baby gender


"Renee" wrote in message
...
On Dec 13, 2:22 pm, mommycom wrote:
We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!

Thank you.


Well, female sperm are slower but live longer than male sperm or so
I've heard. So, if you have sex right before ovulating, the chances
for a girl are better, since the male sperm have died off before the
egg appears. If you wait until right after you ovulated, the male
sperm have a better chance of reaching the egg first, since they are
faster. But, I think this only improves your odds slightly, since
there are about a million of those suckers.

Renee


That's what I thought to. Then my husband came home from a tour right at
the end of my menstrual cycle, and we had sex once, and he went back out to
sea. I was pregnant. Technically, the baby should have been a boy under
the scenerio presented by Renee. Because I didn't ovulate for another week
or so. But he wasn't.


  #7  
Old December 14th 07, 05:43 AM posted to misc.kids
mommycom
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 13, 7:26 pm, "RosalieAnn Beasley"
wrote:
"Renee" wrote in message

...



On Dec 13, 2:22 pm, mommycom wrote:
We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.


We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


Thank you.


Well, female sperm are slower but live longer than male sperm or so
I've heard. So, if you have sex right before ovulating, the chances
for a girl are better, since the male sperm have died off before the
egg appears. If you wait until right after you ovulated, the male
sperm have a better chance of reaching the egg first, since they are
faster. But, I think this only improves your odds slightly, since
there are about a million of those suckers.


Renee


That's what I thought to. Then my husband came home from a tour right at
the end of my menstrual cycle, and we had sex once, and he went back out to
sea. I was pregnant. Technically, the baby should have been a boy under
the scenerio presented by Renee. Because I didn't ovulate for another week
or so. But he wasn't.


I think the method raises your odds, but does not guarantee them.
There are just so many variables involved that it can't be that
simple. Thank you all for your input. :-)
  #8  
Old December 14th 07, 08:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 453
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 13, 3:22 pm, mommycom wrote:
We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


There is a book

How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby (2006)
by Landrum B. Shettles and David M. Rorvik

Al and Tipper Gore read.an earlier edition of the book after having
three daughters, wanting a son, according to biographer Bob Zelnick
(they had a son). Some suggestions made in that book
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_n13870823
are

(1) The father should avoid jockey shorts, jockstraps, and other tight-
fitting clothing.
(2) The father should guzzle a couple of cups of strong caffeinated
coffee 15 to 30 minutes before having intercourse.
(3) The mother should try to experience orgasm during the critical
intercourse or multiple orgasms at the same time or, better yet, just
before the male orgasm.

Hmmm.

There is an article "Battle of the sexes"
http://www.independent.ie/health/cas...s-1237916.html
discussing some research.
  #9  
Old December 14th 07, 01:47 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 242
Default Tips on picking baby gender


"mommycom" wrote in message
...
We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


Adoption.


  #10  
Old December 14th 07, 02:33 PM posted to misc.kids
grandma Rosalie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 14, 2:05 am, Beliavsky wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:22 pm, mommycom wrote:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.


We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!


There is a book

How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby (2006)
by Landrum B. Shettles and David M. Rorvik

Al and Tipper Gore read.an earlier edition of the book after having
three daughters, wanting a son, according to biographer Bob Zelnick
(they had a son). Some suggestions made in that bookhttp://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20000716/ai_n13870823
are

(1) The father should avoid jockey shorts, jockstraps, and other tight-
fitting clothing.
(2) The father should guzzle a couple of cups of strong caffeinated
coffee 15 to 30 minutes before having intercourse.
(3) The mother should try to experience orgasm during the critical
intercourse or multiple orgasms at the same time or, better yet, just
before the male orgasm.

Hmmm.

There is an article "Battle of the sexes"http://www.independent.ie/health/case-studies/battle-of-the-sexes-123...
discussing some research.


My husband didn't ever wear any of those things, and he never drinks
coffee. Possible it was #3.

In any case, we tried all the timing methods for the third girl, and
it didn't work for us.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fun Ways to Predict the Gender of Your Baby [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 6th 07 05:25 PM
baby tips koko Child Support 0 October 1st 07 08:25 AM
Choose The Gender Of Your Baby [email protected] Pregnancy 0 March 11th 07 11:28 AM
Baby Safety Tips [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 30th 06 08:36 PM
Gender of baby question/poll/opinion. Shelley Pregnancy 38 February 3rd 05 08:11 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.