Question about tubal ligation and delivery

Old July 10th 06, 02:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
me

Default Question about tubal ligation and delivery

Hello,
First off I would like to introduce myself, since I have been gone for a few
years. My name is Kylee, wife to my sailor hubby and mommy to Brendan Scott
age 2 and Deadre Enid age 6, and lil peanut due Dec 30th.

The main thing I was wondering is if anyone in here would know what would be
the best way to go about getting a tubal after delivery? Would it be better
to wait till the 6 week check up or while I am still in the hospital from
delivery..?? I have been told that they pretty much do it lap through the
belly button and it's a lot quiker reovery. I'm just not liking the idea of
being drugged up and away from my newest lil one too long. Plus how much
longer would it make my hospital stay? They are really short handed at my
hubby's base so I'm not sure how much leave he is going to get to take. I
have been told that they can get baby leave though I haven't been able to
verify that just yet.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Kylee

Old July 10th 06, 06:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Yiddishkeit

The main thing I was wondering is if anyone in here would know what would be
the best way to go about getting a tubal after delivery? Would it be better
to wait till the 6 week check up or while I am still in the hospital from
delivery..??

My OB told me to wait till after my 6 week pp check up. also there is a
slightly higher risk of it failing if done right after delivery.

have been told that they pretty much do it lap through the
belly button and it's a lot quiker reovery. I'm just not liking the idea of
being drugged up and away from my newest lil one too long. Plus how much
longer would it make my hospital stay? They are really short handed at my
hubby's base so I'm not sure how much leave he is going to get to take. I
have been told that they can get baby leave though I haven't been able to
verify that just yet.

here it is same day surgery. you would be back home the same day..its
outpatient surgery.

Old July 10th 06, 06:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Yiddishkeit wrote:
[...]

I don't know all the details; however, I would
ask your doctor about specifics. I believe that postpartum
tubal ligations are somewhat different from "interval"
tubal ligations. I don't know if the differences would
be significant in terms of how they'd affect hospital
stay for a postpartum tubal ligation, but I wouldn't
bank on it being the same as at another time. Somewhere
I seem to recall someone saying that tubal ligations done
during a c-section have a slightly higher failure rate,
but I took a quick look and couldn't find anything that
said there was a higher failure rate with a postpartum
tubal ligation following a vaginal birth (might be out
there, but I didn't see it right away and didn't have time
to do a more in depth search at the moment).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old July 10th 06, 07:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jennifer Massey-Howe

I had my tubal done right after my c-seciton with my son, the same day. and
have not had any issues.

jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alex 6/4/05

. ..

Old July 10th 06, 07:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Dagny

After you labor, your body/brain are saturated with love and bonding
hormones. For that reason, I'd avoid doing the tubal then -- doing anything
that takes you away from your baby and family for the first few days.

I hope this helps.

Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
and Poppin Fresh, 1/05

Old July 10th 06, 08:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

"Dagny" wrote in message
. ..
After you labor, your body/brain are saturated with love and bonding
hormones. For that reason, I'd avoid doing the tubal then -- doing

anything
that takes you away from your baby and family for the first few days.

I hope this helps.

The procedure itself is an outpatient basis. More than likely she would go
home the same time she would have anyway. And it would be a pretty good
excuse to stay in bed and rest with the new little one.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old July 10th 06, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Dagny

"Sue" wrote in message
news:trOdncskr5ocMi_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
. ..

Old July 10th 06, 09:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Dagny

"Sue" wrote in message
news:trOdncskr5ocMi_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"Dagny" wrote in message
. ..
After you labor, your body/brain are saturated with love and bonding
hormones. For that reason, I'd avoid doing the tubal then -- doing

anything
that takes you away from your baby and family for the first few days.

I hope this helps.

The procedure itself is an outpatient basis. More than likely she would go
home the same time she would have anyway. And it would be a pretty good
excuse to stay in bed and rest with the new little one.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Glad to know things don't change on m.k.p. Sue disagrees with me as usual.
If the OP actually wants to spend part of the first 48 hours with her baby
undergoing surgery, it's her body, brain and family. Sue blesses the
potential decision.

Old July 10th 06, 10:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

"Dagny" wrote in message
Glad to know things don't change on m.k.p. Sue disagrees with me as

usual.
If the OP actually wants to spend part of the first 48 hours with her baby
undergoing surgery, it's her body, brain and family. Sue blesses the
potential decision.

I was just pointing out that the stay would be no longer than a birth. As a
matter of fact, it's shorter than a hospital birth because its an outpatient
procedure. That's all. You gave misinformation and I corrected you. I don't
have any opinion what the OP should do and definitely did not give my
opinion on the matter what so ever. You don't know how I feel about it, you
stupid bitch.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old July 10th 06, 11:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:18:09 -0400, "Dagny"
wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message
news:trOdncskr5ocMi_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@wideopenwes t.com...
"Dagny" wrote in message
. ..
After you labor, your body/brain are saturated with love and bonding
hormones. For that reason, I'd avoid doing the tubal then -- doing

anything
that takes you away from your baby and family for the first few days.

I hope this helps.

The procedure itself is an outpatient basis. More than likely she would go
home the same time she would have anyway. And it would be a pretty good
excuse to stay in bed and rest with the new little one.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Glad to know things don't change on m.k.p. Sue disagrees with me as usual.
If the OP actually wants to spend part of the first 48 hours with her baby
undergoing surgery, it's her body, brain and family. Sue blesses the
potential decision.

Oh, get over yourself already. You posted mis-information and it was
corrected. You simply don't like who posted the correct information.

Nan