Danish Study on Fantasy Autism-Thimerosal Link

Old September 9th 03, 04:38 PM
Jonathan Smith

Default Danish Study on Fantasy Autism-Thimerosal Link

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message et...
"Jeff" wrote
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm."
I demonstrated that is is easy to keep track of which vaccines have
thimerasol in them.
[usual ad hominem attack snipped]

The mercury stuff is called thimerosal, not thimerasol. I suggest that
you correct your own petty errors, before launching into an attack
on the petty and insignificant errors of others.

Here is a very interesting site. Note the spelling of the mercury
compound AND the allegation regarding it's presence in MMR.

"Recently it has been widely publicized that thimerasol, a
mercury-based preservative used in the Mumps-Measles-Ruebella (MMR)
vaccine, may at least partly contribute to the increase in the number
of autism cases reported each year."

http://www.geocities.com/connectingt...utismrise.html

js
Old September 10th 03, 04:37 AM
PF Riley

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:42:13 GMT, "Roger Schlafly"
wrote:

"PF Riley" wrote
No, you missed the point. Bowditch responded specifically in this
thread, in which the original poster commented on anti-vac liars,
with: "At least once a month I see the 'MMR has mercury' lie." He was
not discussing mercury in vaccines in general.

Maybe he wasn't, but most of his sources were. Almost everybody
gets the full set of vaccines, or gets none of them. What difference
does it make which vaccines have thimerosal? If someone just wants
to put out some anti-vaccine propaganda, all he has to say is that
some of the vaccines have thimerosal.

No, go back and read the websites I quoted. Some of them specifically
"explain" that autism is a form of mercury poisoning, MMR has mercury,
so therefore MMR causes autism.

PF
Old September 10th 03, 05:17 AM
HCN

"PF Riley" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:42:13 GMT, "Roger Schlafly"

.... No, go back and read the websites I quoted. Some of them specifically
"explain" that autism is a form of mercury poisoning, MMR has mercury,
so therefore MMR causes autism.

PF

I was poking about tonight trying to see if some lawyers had removed their
lawsuits alleging thimerosal caused autism after the most recent study that
is in the thread title... and I found this:
http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=2178 which says: "Many parents and
researchers believe that much of this autism was caused by the mercury
preservative thimerosal, which was until recently put into the childhood
vaccine for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (German Measles) known as MMR."

One interesting thing I found while poking around was that many sites had no
"Breaking News!" more recent than May 2003... I guess I should give them
more time, it is only September:
http://www.thimerosal-news.com/

Old September 10th 03, 05:29 AM
HCN

"HCN" wrote in message
et...

"PF Riley" wrote in message
[...]

And as I poked about some more... I found these guys (who seem to get quoted
a bunch... who did withdraw their ritalin lawsuit after a while)... their
LAST "press release" is May of 200*2*!!!!:
http://www.autismfraud.com/press_releases_page.htm

anyone placing bets on when the autism/thimerosal/mmr lawsuits will be
withdrawn or dismissed?

Old September 10th 03, 02:12 PM
Mark Probert

"HCN" wrote in message
t...

"HCN" wrote in message
et...

"PF Riley" wrote in message
[...]

There were 5 ritalin suits, the first two(?) were dismissed on motions by
the defendants where the judges ruled that the plaintiffs failed to state an
appropriate cause of action. The last (3?) were dismessed at the request of
the plaintiffs as they saw the writing on the walls.

What is interesting is that there has been no follow-up actions at all. When
the suits were active, the anti-science know nothings were claiming that the
even if the initial suits lost there would be more, as there had been in the
tobacco cases.

I suspect that the suits in the MMR/Autism cases will follow suit, as soon
as the judges get a clue that the premise is entirely bogus.