reappearance of posts?

Old March 12th 04, 05:31 PM
dragonlady

Default reappearance of posts?

Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

meh

Old March 12th 04, 07:37 PM
Byron Canfield

"dragonlady" wrote in message
Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

Maybe sbcglobal's newservers errored out on their new retrievals on the 2nd.
I use the news servers on comcast, and have not noticed any old posts
showing up.

--
Byron "Barn" Canfield
-----------------------------

Old March 12th 04, 08:49 PM
Byron Canfield

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message
"dragonlady" wrote in message
Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

Maybe sbcglobal's newservers errored out on their new retrievals on the

2nd.
I use the news servers on comcast, and have not noticed any old posts
showing up.

Well, I'm afraid I have to amend that. My next time on this morning, what
happens? I start getting duplicate posts, so far, at least as far back as
the 8th (but not all of them -- just a few -- weird!)

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old March 12th 04, 10:48 PM
Cadie

I'm getting a bunch of repeats from the 7th and 8th. Not making a
duplicate, just saying one I've already read is new.

"dragonlady" wrote in message
Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news

reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

meh
--
Children won't care how much you know until they know how much you

care

Old March 13th 04, 04:47 AM
toto

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:31:01 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:

Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

meh

Sometimes, it seems the server burps out old posts.
I have not seen any on altopia, but I have seen some
old ones answered so I know some people must be
getting them burped back up.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 13th 04, 04:00 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
dragonlady wrote:
Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news reader --
they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

I've been having this issue for a while. I assumed it was my ISP's
problem....

--Robyn
Old March 14th 04, 12:02 AM
kayper

Cadie wrote:
I'm getting a bunch of repeats from the 7th and 8th. Not making a
duplicate, just saying one I've already read is new.

"dragonlady" wrote in message

Suddenly, I'm getting lots of old posts reappearing on my news

reader --

they all seem to come from March 2.

Are others having this happen to, or has my system just developed a
weird glitch?

I swear I'm looking at one dated 12/31/69. That's the 4th or 5th
I've seen today, the others being on a different group. kayper