Birth Story..

Old May 25th 04, 10:42 PM
Christine

Default Birth Story..

Well, I can't believe I finaly have her.....all the clothes, all the
things I bought for her, she is now using...

It started on Wed the the 12th, I was having very light
=91=91period=92=92 like cramps, no bleeding, no water, just tiny cramps
once in awhile, but lasting off and on all evening...

Thur, same thing. but a little worse, I thought they were BH's because I
had a Dr.s app. ( Thur ) and she did NOT do an internal but told me they
were just BH ( like she could tell ) .....so the pains were not too
bad,so i just kept telling myself they were just BH...

Fri. same thing but they were getting way worse...at this point I didnt
get ANY sleep Thur. or Fri. night...

Sat....Pains really getting bad, could hardly talk through them....still
avoiding this was labor, because there was no blood or waters....

Sat evening, my DH and I were on the bed watching tv and he noticed that
the pains were getting VERY bad and anywhere from 3-5 mins apart, all of
the sudden he jumped up and said =91=91 I'm loading up the car, lets go
to the hospital=92=92
I'm abou 45 mins away from the city...

We got there and I was 3 cm. dialated.....
I was in triage for a few hours, they were thinking about sending me
home...OMG...at this point I WAS IN PAIN!!!...but i was still able to
joke around etc. ( not during a contraction though) ... but after
awhile it really got bad and then it was time to go to the
labor/delivery room....and the epidural..-))
everything went good the epidural.
i felt no pain...
but sometimes i could still feel contractions but they did not hurt.....

I guess early in the morning, ( not sure what time ) they then induced
me, I did'nt know =91=91at the time=92=92 but Chloe's HB kept
dropping...OMG!...i guess that is why they induced me.....
all these Dr.s were coming in, and they kept rolling me from side to
side, and I could hear the HB dropping and dropping.....when I would
roll on my right side the HB would come right back up!
But I was thinking the worst....they put oxygen on me, they said it was
for the baby....i didnt know what was wrong with my baby and why would
her HB come up when I was on my side....

it was no time till I was at 10 cm. so they called in the Dr. ( I really
lucked out. ) for those of you who remember, I did NOT like my OB at
all!!!!
and there was a really NICE OB on call for her that day...;-)))

as soon as he ( the dr. ) came in, I started the pushing....DH SAW the
head....
But the HB just kept dropping, and the Dr was concerned too...that
really scared me to see the dr. concerned.......then we pushed a little
more,
and then he called the neo natal team and said
=91=91in a frightened voice=92=92 =91=91HEY GUYS, BE PREPARED, I MIGHT
NEED YOU=92=92.....OMG....I thought my angel might not make it,,,,DH had
tears, and I was just ready to die if anything happened to her!

even though the dr. seemed VERY concerned, he kept telling me that it
was more than likely the cord around her neck causing the HB to
drop......

after dropping too many times he suggested a C-sec.....all I wanted was
the safty of my baby, so we pushed ONE more time, the HB dropped BIG
time.....so we folded it up and they prepped me and took me to the OR.

yep the cord was around the neck, she was sunny side up, and she had her
arm bent up behind her head too, =91not sure what the medical terms
are.. =92

so nothing major, but just a few little things to really scare us....

there were a few other small things too but I just cant think right now,
just small things!

Poor DH, the Dr. made him look at Chloe's hand sticking outta my
belly....lol.....

all went good, the Dr. did say that =91=91 I had the smallest placenta
he ever saw=92=92=A0I have NO idea what that would mean....?

But anyways.......they handed DH the smallest little bundle of joy, when
I saw her, she was looking me in the eyes ( I know they cant see but she
was ) lol.....all I could do was cry and just keep saying over and over
again how pretty she is...;-)) I could'nt believe all those kicks, and
rolls, and thumps were her!!!!!!! I could not believe SHE came outta
me.....;-))

After the c-sec, I was just shaking outta control, it would not stop. my
hands were like I was taking a convulsion or something...even my jaws
were painfully quivering....then they put her on me and wheeled be back
to my room to recover........the ice chips were soooooooo
wonderful...lol....but i threw them up..;(

after it was over, DH ran home, put the dog in the kennel, fed the cat,
and packed extra, and came back to the hospital and never left my side,
I got really sick that night, ie. throwing up!
OUTCH!........then I started running a fever, but it left, THEN, I had a
pain in my right shoulder...omg...painful, then I read it was a side
effect from the epidural. ( referred pain ) ?

Chloe had a touch of Jaundice at birth, but he assured me that it was
all normal, they put her on a bililight for a day or two, and now she is
in good shape.!!!!

whew what an experience, but like everyone says =91=91=A0its was all
worth it=92=92

she weighed 5pounds 10 oz's
19 inches long......................

I love her sooo much, now my goal in life is to be the best mom I can
be.....

My nursery is all done in =91=91precious moments=92=92
well, i'll tell you, when I saw her for the first time, and we looked in
each others eyes, it WAS the most =91=91=A0precious moment =92=92 in the
whole world.....

Chloe Rebecca,,,,,my princess...

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...ID=3D9T8S0V9F=
5G

Old May 25th 04, 11:12 PM
Angela Schepers

Wonderful to hear the three of you pulled through with flying colors.
Sounds like it got scary there for a while though. She's absolutely
beautiful!

THEN, I had a
pain in my right shoulder...omg...painful, then I read it was a side
effect from the epidural. ( referred pain ) ?

I don't know about you but the day after I delivered I think my back
hurt more from the insertion of the epidural than my bottom did, not to
mention that I had pulled every muscle in my upper body pushing. That
was one thing that I did not expect. Right shoulder pain? Hmm.. I
don't think I could have told one pain from the other, lol.

Old May 25th 04, 11:46 PM
Mamma Mia

"Christine" wrote in message
Well, I can't believe I finaly have her.....all the clothes, all the
things I bought for her, she is now using...

snip

lovely story. i have tears in my eyes

welcome baby chloe

christine in oz

Old May 26th 04, 12:33 AM
Donna

"Christine" wrote in message
Well, I can't believe I finaly have her.....all the clothes, all the
things I bought for her, she is now using...

Christine, that was a lovely birth story. You sound so happy.

Congratulations.

Donna

Old May 26th 04, 03:21 AM
Alissa

snip

Chloe Rebecca,,,,,my princess...

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

Oh she is just beautiful and petite!
I had to laugh at your description...sunny side up!great way to describe
it... that's how my DD was but I had an elective C section.
Glad all turned out well in the end, what an experience though!
Enjoy motherhood
Alissa

Old May 26th 04, 09:28 AM
melizabeth

Congrats Christine and family. Sounds like there were some moments, but I'm
glad that all worked out well.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old May 26th 04, 01:47 PM
Carol Ann

yep the cord was around the neck, she was sunny side up, and she had her
arm bent up behind her head too, 'not sure what the medical terms
are.. '

Sounds like you may have a competitive diver on your hands.

But anyways.......they handed DH the smallest little bundle of joy, when
I saw her, she was looking me in the eyes ( I know they cant see but she
was ) lol.....all I could do was cry and just keep saying over and over
again how pretty she is...;-)) I could'nt believe all those kicks, and
rolls, and thumps were her!!!!!!! I could not believe SHE came outta
me.....;-))

Awe...........I'm so happy for you Christine!! I'm glad you were not so out
of it that you couldn't enjoy seeing her.

In my case, my first response was, "Ewwww!". I thought for sure the doctor
and nurses would think I was evil. But, they said it was the anesthesia
making me feel bad. LOL!

After the c-sec, I was just shaking outta control, it would not stop. my
hands were like I was taking a convulsion or something...even my jaws
were painfully quivering....then they put her on me and wheeled be back
to my room to recover........the ice chips were soooooooo
wonderful...lol....but i threw them up..;(

Wow, I shook after the second epidural (first one leaked) and threw up after
the c section, too.

after it was over, DH ran home, put the dog in the kennel, fed the cat,
and packed extra, and came back to the hospital and never left my side,
I got really sick that night, ie. throwing up!
OUTCH!........then I started running a fever, but it left, THEN, I had a
pain in my right shoulder...omg...painful, then I read it was a side
effect from the epidural. ( referred pain ) ?

Poor Christine!!!!

Chloe had a touch of Jaundice at birth, but he assured me that it was
all normal, they put her on a bililight for a day or two, and now she is
in good shape.!!!!

Morgan had jaundice, too. But, no medical procedures were necessary.

whew what an experience, but like everyone says '' its was all
worth it''

she weighed 5pounds 10 oz's
19 inches long......................

Wow, tiny!

I love her sooo much, now my goal in life is to be the best mom I can
be.....

Me, too! I'm confident we can do it, Christine!!!

My nursery is all done in ''precious moments''
well, i'll tell you, when I saw her for the first time, and we looked in
each others eyes, it WAS the most '' precious moment '' in the
whole world.....

Chloe Rebecca,,,,,my princess...

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

She looks just like you!!!!!!!!!!!! Adorable!! Big, alert eyes!!

How is your breastfeeding coming along? misc.kids.breastfeeding is a great
newsgroup!

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBNnDdizZNneg ---Pictures!