Twins - in separate classes

Old April 21st 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default Twins - in separate classes

Jen wrote:
Nick, where do you live in Indy?

Fishers.

Our girls (11 years old) go the International School (so far; this is
our first year there, and although they like it, we're still trying to
figure out if we can afford it).

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis

contact form:
http://theodorakis.net/contact.html
Old April 21st 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

We have the same problem with St. Richard's. The girls really like it,
and I do too, but it's expensive. Once you figure in the cost of
summer vacation, spring break and other holidays we're looking at
$30,000 per year for them. That's a lot. I'm nervous about using
Lawrence public schools because I grew up with private schools (Park
Tudor/boarding school in Rhode Island), but I guess it would be okay.

Old April 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I can tell you by the time they are in junior high they want everything
separate...at least that is Kathleen and Chris. She doesn't want him to
bother her girlfriends (whom he "really" likes, he in turn doesn't enjoy his
friends hanging with Kathleen when they are visiting him. It really is
great that they are separated but hopefully by 11-12 they want to be their
own entities. Both are very - very developed, both 5'5", Chris recently
just got new shoes-10.5 mens and Kathleen can share my sox and underware and
shoes too!!! We kept them together until they seemed not to fit together
and needed their own space. Go with your instinct. Only you know your
twins.

Shirley
Kathleen and Chris 1/95

"Julie" wrote in message
Go with your gut, and fight it if you have to. If they say that it's
their policy to separate twins, ask them to SHOW you their policy.
Usually they don't actually have anything concrete to hide behind. There

My b/g twins are in third, and still choose to be in the same class. The
school leaves it up to us, though I do always ask the current year's
teacher whether she has any pressing concerns about the kids remaining
together. They have chosent to stay together for fourth grade as well.

There was a NY Times article on twins and school a couple of months ago.
The article cites data that indicate that twins who are placed together in
the early years generally fare better both academically and emotionally.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/24/na...erland&emc=rss

"Jen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking about moving my 5 year old twin daughters from their
private school to public school for kindergarten. I live in
Indianapolis. How hard would it be to get both girls in one class?
The transition would be much easier if they were together. They rarely
actually play together, but there seems to be some comfort from having
their sister there. They are fraternal and not remotely similary,
physically or in personality.

Thanks for any advice!

Old April 23rd 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

sounds like you need to check with the school and not Usenet for the
answer.

Old April 24th 06, 12:38 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Actually, I did check with the school and they leave the decision up to
us. It's been helpful to read the experience of others in this
decision making process. There used to be a general view that
separating twins was important. Then the pendulum swung the other way.
Of course, the sensible thing is to make decisions based on what WE
know about OUR kids. Since we don't know what changes they'll go
through between the ages of 5 and, say,12, it's helpful to hear from
others!

Old April 24th 06, 01:36 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

true, but it is all subjective.
You asked if it would bedifficult to get them into the same class.
The school board left the decision up to you.
Sounds like it willnot be that hard to get thm into the same class if
that is what you want.

I was talking about this with the LL recently, there are plusesand
minuses to both sides, it is up to the parents to decide what they
want, not everyone's experiences will be the same.

Old April 24th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

What's the LL?

Old April 24th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

What's the LL?

Old April 24th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

What's the LL?

Old April 25th 06, 07:13 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

instead of DW ( dear Wife) I call her my Little Lady.

WSJ: Down syndrome: mainstream or separate ed [email protected] General 3 March 30th 06 01:51 AM
prenatal classes MJMR Pregnancy 28 December 13th 05 05:32 AM
Review: Separate Lies (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 11th 05 12:44 AM
when should we take pre-nate classes Kaybee Pregnancy 4 August 25th 04 02:24 AM
B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM