Introduction

Old January 22nd 04, 01:42 PM
127.0.0.1

Default Introduction

I used to lurk this group when my dd was younger. We got busy and I was off
usenet for awhile. Now she's 10, driving me crazy, and I've been back
lurking. Had a lot a questions the past few weeks I wanted to ask but
thought I'd post an intro first (and see if my postings work!).

I'm single mom, 10 yr old daughter, divorced 9 years. Her dad and I have
both been involved with her upbringing, although he's a passive aggressive
so I get most of the 'dirty' work ... like, two kids instead of one.

A year ago we had to put some physical distance from him (professional
advice) and this past holiday I had to put down some strict boundaries.
Makes the days more difficult to deal with 10-year-old transitions in some
ways; in others, much easier as I don't have him picking apart every
decision I make just to criticize. Actually, he spent xmas doing exactly
that to her, which was the reason for the restrictions.

Glad to see so many custodial (and non-) on this board. Parenting has
nothing to do with gender most of the time and seems society hasn't figured
that out yet.

Hope you'll bear with some of my questions and communication; sometimes a
bit off due to a disability, but generally if you tell me to shut up, I do.

Introduction, I am new here :) Jeff and Tori Pregnancy 14 March 11th 04 06:05 PM
Introduction and question from an old pro! Smart Lady Breastfeeding 7 February 7th 04 10:47 AM
Introduction Christa Pregnancy 8 August 15th 03 08:17 PM
Introduction - in TTW phase! [email protected] Pregnancy 7 July 12th 03 05:25 PM
Introduction - in TWW phase! [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 10th 03 01:48 PM