hellooooooooooo

Old May 22nd 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default hellooooooooooo

"'Kate" wrote in message
Where's Bev?
Where are our newbies?

WebTV was temporarily cancelled because I hate it They're all gone - for
the time being

Sure is quiet around here.

Sure is... Seems to be that way a lot lately... I think it's a sign that
it's nap time for me?

Me? Oh.. things are ok. My sister shipped mom & grandma's bedroom
furniture. I can't fit it in my house. I don't want to put it in my
garage to store it. I have two pieces that fit nowhere and I'm so tired
from painting, moving, and shuffling things around this last week. These
pieces are real wood.. not the kind of stuff I'm use to. I have to teach
the teens how to watch out not to hurt the good furniture... and I
don't really want the responsibility! That's what's new at my house.
How'ya all doing?

'Kate

Oh, fun fun! I like to paint. I think I'm gonna take the kids out later
this morning and we're all going to paint the car... Have a box of finger
paints that would work just perfect for painting up the car. Big, "GO
OILERS GO!" and others would look just perfect on the car, and finger paints
are great since it washes off cars real nicely... Although I'm kind of
hesitant, as it's supposed to rain this evening - and until like Thursday, I
think, but what the hey... We haven't used the finger paints yet, and
they've been sitting in the kitchen (unopened) for probably 8 months now! I
think it will be just as much (if not more) fun for me as it would be for B,
and I don't think A really gives a hoot, but it might be fun at her age to
just squish paint around between her fingers, maybe put some hand prints on
the car? I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it could be fun, and with
it expected to rain tonight, it's not like the paint will be sitting on the
car for days and days... I might get lazy (and find it's just too hot today)
to stand outside, so we might opt for big papers to tape up in the windows.
I dunno, painting is fun... I had a blast painting the kids' rooms, and I
know I'll have a blast when we move out and paint it back to the yucky white
that it originally was!
Moving things really isn't all that fun, though... Especially when it's
heavy furniture of any sort! We moved a pair of hide-a-beds into the
basement... Well, 'we' means not me - I was kind of useless, except I held
the doors open well lol First sofa I called a friend, who happened to be in
the area with another friend, so those guys came down, hauled it out of the
truck and tossed it in the basement. Norm was about to attempt moving the
next one on his own a couple days later, and he said he was going to knock
on the neighbour's door, but the kid's car wasn't home at the time, so he's
standing out at the truck looking dumb when the neighbour and his mom both
pull up and park their cars... The neighbour was the one that approached
Norm and asked him if he wanted some help with the sofa. Turns out, they
seemed to hit it off... They both enjoy that one stupid computer game
(Starcraft, I believe it is??) and I had a feeling from day 1, when talking
to the mom when we first moved in, that her oldest son and Norm would hit it
off if given the chance... They both enjoy loud music, electronic stuff
(computers, stereos, cars, whatever) and the kid isn't really that much
younger than we are... I think he's 21 or something?
Anyways, speaking of moving things around, I think I should get back to what
I had tried to start yesterday... Making the living room area a bit more
baby friendly... She gets into the plants and all kinds of stuff, so I've
been moving and rearranging, although it's not big heavy stuff!

Old May 22nd 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:47:14 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
Where's Bev?
Where are our newbies?

WebTV was temporarily cancelled because I hate it They're all gone -
for
the time being

Sure is quiet around here.

Sure is... Seems to be that way a lot lately... I think it's a sign that
it's nap time for me?

:-) as long as the kids are doing something that they're safe doing...
like napping.

Kids? What kids? LOL
Maybe I could tie mine up for a while... Would that be alright to do?

[...]

OMG.. let me know how that turns out! I've never heard of finger
painting a car. I can't see how it would harm the car at all though. But
wouldn't you rather they play with car wash bubbles on the car?

Well, I haven't brought it up today yet, as B's behavior has been good
enough for him to deserve a kick in the behind right away... If only I
could... lol He has yet to earn this activity being brought up for an
afternoon activity... Might just go ahead and do it anyways, as I have not
given this as a loss for behavior, so it really wouldn't be fair to say,
"You've been downright bad today, so oh, by the way, you can't come
paint..."

I dunno, painting is fun... I had a blast painting the kids' rooms, and I
know I'll have a blast when we move out and paint it back to the yucky
white
that it originally was!

I don't mind painting. It's the prep work that is frustrating. This is a
50 year old house and the walls are starting to show it. I had quite a
few nails to bang back in and patch.

And getting paint on the walls only is frustrating too (for me)
The walls in this place look like they haven't been painted in about 50
years, maybe 70... I figured a nice light pink/light purple on A's walls
(one wall pink, one wall purple, next wall pink... All the way around the
room, with her Winnie-a-Pooh stickups would look nice, and it's definitely
light enough that it would take only a coat or two of paint to cover up back
to white when we move... B's room, though, I split diagonally from the far
wall all the way down to the opposite wall - like I dunno... Half darker
blue, half lighter blue with his Clifford wallpaper along the split in
colors. The darker blue bottom might take 3 coats to cover, and the
bathroom we painted all green... Turned out to be a couple shades darker
than I had wanted and expected, but again, a few coats of paint... And free
paint is given away at the Eco Station here, and Norm's brother is a
painter, by trade - I believe it's a trade? - so we're definitely in luck
with covering paint in the end!

[...]

But.. he lives with mommy? Oh boy. Nice that your beau has a playmate in
the neighborhood though. It's good for men to get together. I just wish
he was an "adult" playmate.

Yup - she has one that I think is about 17 and the other I believe is about
21. The younger one is still in school, but the older one, I guess, is an
electrician... Last I heard, electricians make a killing How she manages
to stay in sub-housing is beyond me, but I really don't care about other
people... The kid seems to be alright. It's the mom that is kind of a bit,
somewhat - no, fairly - on the crazy side. Plus, he offered his services
and manly strength to help out with a hide-a-bed - and those things are
soooo heavy!
And I'm not sure if I approve of a buddy that enjoys that one stupid
computer game. I think he's bad news. I don't want little Normie hanging
out with people that encourage his silly computer game problem LOL

But, to be perfectly honest, I would much rather Norm find people to
associate with that are NOT on coke or spend their time NOT working and just
drinking and doing drugs... Seems everyone he knows lives that kind of life
style, and that is one thing that does not sit well with me. He really
doesn't talk much to that group of people, as now I really do think that he
sees that he can't have the best of both worlds - it's either a free life
without US or a family life without all the drugs and drinking and all that
stuff that is best left for those who have nothing really to come home to.

Anyways, speaking of moving things around, I think I should get back to
what
I had tried to start yesterday... Making the living room area a bit more
baby friendly... She gets into the plants and all kinds of stuff, so I've
been moving and rearranging, although it's not big heavy stuff!

Be careful!

Hugs,
'Kate

Oh, I try... I think I am making some progress... Toss the doors and windows
wide open, kick the dog out in the yard and just clean and sort through
things... Managed to get rid of a whole bunch of toys that haven't been
looked at in ages, a bunch of clothes no one's going to use, cleaned out our
closet enough to fit my hope chest in it (and get it OUT of the hallway at
the top of the stairs)... Managed to find homes for a bunch of random
kitchen things I don't even know how to use (like this cookie press and a
small George Foreman type grill that's just too small for the size of family
we have and amount of food we eat at a meal... Bought a new set of forks and
spoons and gave away all the mix-and-match forks and knives I had before...

I'm so hoping we can move... I so badly want to get out of this place and
find something that is a bit bigger and just better in general. So much to
do priority wise before that, but I'm hoping we can move out of here once
and for all before the snow falls and before we're stuck moving with a 5 and
a half year old, 15 month old and newborn... Would be ideal just before
school starts, but that could very well be pushing it... If it doesn't
happen this year, I'll wait til next summer (this, I think, might be the
wisest decision) and allow for things to settle, suck it up for the rest of
the school year and move when possible. Just want things to settle and be
proven to have settled for quite some time.

hellooooooooooo Bev Single Parents 0 May 22nd 06 02:58 PM
hellooooooooooo Moon Shyne Single Parents 0 May 21st 06 06:40 PM