Would exwife being on SSI keep her from having to pay child support?

Old September 3rd 07, 10:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert[_5_]

Default Would exwife being on SSI keep her from having to pay child support?

I do know people IN Michigan having child support garnished from disability
payments. Income is Income does not mean they get any more "government"
money to cover the child support just means they get less of it for
themselves!

there are people making MORE on disability then others make working. My
last statement from Social Security said I would collect $1300 a month (my
ex grosses less than that working!)

So just because its disability does NOT exlude it, even a car given as a
benifit of employment has a "value" and can be counted in the calculation of
child support!!

"teachrmama" wrote in message

wrote in message
But in Michigan we have a No Fault insurance means that the state is
paying my medical bills.

Someone was saying something about using the tax payers money. Where do
you think i get my money from to pay my medical?!

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

wrote in message
t...
Single Dad,

I agree with you about if you were the one paying child support and
didn't pay it you would be known as a dead beat dad. I know a lot of
men that are getting the children and raising them cause the mothers
don't want to any more. I am proud of you for taking the kids and
raising them. And yea she should pay child support. For the SSI they
cant take that in consideration. That is what stinks. Once it hits the
bank account they can take it out of there. I get disability due to a
car crash. YEA GUYS I AM USING YOUR TAX MONEY!!! My whole right side
of my body was crushed. Right now that state of Michigan is paying my
bill for my medical due to a DRUNK DRIVER SO AGAIN I AM USING YOUR TAX
MONEY!!! Is it wrong that I am using the Tax Money too??? Kids deserve
both parents paying to raise them. I am getting tired

Do you realize this argument mixes public money and private money?

The major difference with CS is the money is predominantly private money
where the government is interjecting itself into the family at the
unilateral request of only one parent, usually the woman, who is seeking
money from a man.

The disability payments are public money providing to any adult without
regard for their gender.

You are not being very clear. How does this relate to government money
being spent to collect money from one parent and give it to the other?
How does it relate to the cost of continuously hearing court cases
demanding more money? Are you saying that divorces are accidents and
should be paid for through no-fault insurance? That's kind of weird.

Old September 3rd 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Robert" wrote in message
I do know people IN Michigan having child support garnished from disability
payments. Income is Income does not mean they get any more "government"
money to cover the child support just means they get less of it for
themselves!

there are people making MORE on disability then others make working. My
last statement from Social Security said I would collect $1300 a month (my
ex grosses less than that working!)

So just because its disability does NOT exlude it, even a car given as a
benifit of employment has a "value" and can be counted in the calculation
of child support!!

I'm sure that's true. But my point was that, just because the government is
paying this person disability does not mean that it is right to drag into
court things that will never be remedied by the court, thus spending
government (meaning taxpayer) money for meaningful purpose.

Old September 4th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

Default SSI (Supplimental Security Income NOT SSDI Disability) & Child Support Guidelines

"Robert" wrote in message ...
Disabilty is counted as income in michigan and many other states you need
to find out the rules of your state.

==
http://www.supportguidelines.com/art...art200404.html

Old September 12th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
[...]

of people cutting down men for wanting the child support but its ok for a
woman to take a man to court to get child support!!!???? I DON'T THINK
SO!!!!!!

PAMELA

Neither way is right. Get a clue.

"Chris" wrote in message
news

"Gini" wrote in message

"SingleDad" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 27, 11:18 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"DB" wrote in message

"SingleDad" wrote in

When we divorced our marriage settlement stated that she got two

years
off from child support. Well two years have passed, and she got

on
SSI (for depression I think) so she could evade child support.

Evading child support is a criminal offense, you don't have to do

dam
thing but submit her dead beat name to the local DA and let the

CSE
do
all
the work!

==
Well, that would be if she had an order to pay.
==

And she does, the amount is what is up for argument here.
==
Well, then what amount does the order require her to pay?

It shouldn't matter WHAT the amount is being that "child support" is
nothing
more than extortion perpetrated by a bunch of sick immoral people!

Old September 12th 07, 01:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
[...]

parents paying to raise them. I am getting tired of people cutting

down
men for wanting the child support but its ok for a woman to take a man

court to get child support!!!???? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!

I'm not quite certain how your getting disability due to a terrible
accident equated with the CS system dragging people to court at the

behest
of CPs to squeeze out less money than it costs to drag them to court.
Chledren DESERVE intact homes with BOTH parents actively involved in

their
lives. When this obviously is not going to happen, the next best thing

is
2 parents actively involved in their lvies, with 50/50 joint custody

being
the default arrangement. I have never understood how ANYONE with at

least
enough brain power to fill a thimble can think that MONEY will EVER
replace a parent!!

Money never will replace a parent; however money is needed to raise a

child
and how ever little the support no one should be allowed to totally walk
away from their responsibility.
If she can not afford support maybe there is something she can do that

uses
her time instead?

My ex pays support, but doesn't ever come around, I would prefer if it was
the other way around! I wanted to tell her that I was going to drop the
support completely but she wont even talk to me in a civil manner so I am
just letting the FOC deal with it all and I am just staying mute as to

that
subject I simply don't need the grief.

I offered to pay my ex $1,000 a week to take the kids for a few weeks in

the
summer she refused. My guess is that she doesn't care about the money
either (even though I know she doesn't have any)

I am one of the lucky ones I met and married a wonderful woman I have

known
about 7 yrs now (been married over 2 now).

My children have taken to her and call her mom (never asked them too) My
children were actually the ones that convinced me to marry her ..lol

You may just do what I have done just move on and let the FOC do what ever
it is they do, the only thing I would fight them on and on all levels is
custody! I even got a relative involved (who is a state rep) when I was
going after custody as well as friends that work in the CPS system that

went
to bat for me. I was able to get custody without a hearing.

I can tell you this NO ONE and I mean NO ONE separates me from my children
and walks again....lol

The Sicilian Gentleman

More like the Sicilian FOOL! It's people like you who perpetuate the sick
system now in place.