6 more months of this?

Old December 14th 05, 06:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default 6 more months of this?

A stuffy nose I mean!

Conception coincided with the onset of cold/flu season so this may be
coincidental. No flu for me, fortunately, but since I was a few weeks
pregnant, I've had a stupid stuffed up nose. It was a full blown cold
for a week or so, and now is just a stuffy nose. Is t his some weird
pregnancy symptom no one tells you about? And what can I do to get rid
of it?

(FWIW - we live in a place where we rarely use the heater and the air
is more likely to be humid than dry, so it's not my normal winter -dry
forced air heating - stuffiness). Blah.

Old December 14th 05, 06:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I've had a stuffy nose since I got pregnant too... And I got pregnant
in July/August. I have read somewhere that it can be a pregnancy
symptom. I don't take anything for it, but I spray saline up my nose
twice a day and that helps quite a bit.

Cristi :]

Old December 14th 05, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

LietoFine wrote:
I've had a stuffy nose since I got pregnant too... And I got pregnant
in July/August. I have read somewhere that it can be a pregnancy
symptom. I don't take anything for it, but I spray saline up my nose
twice a day and that helps quite a bit.

Cristi :]

I recently acquired this problem too, I'm at 26 weeks. Unfortunately
the weather has turned dry here (darned Atlantic Canadian weather), so
I've got a bloody nose problem added to this too. Not all the time,
just when I blow. Yuck.

KD

Old December 14th 05, 06:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Yep I pregoo in july too and I have had a stuffy nose on and off since then
and the doctor told us that this is completely normal during pregnancy

--
a href="http://www.snugglepie.com"img border="0"
src="http://www.snugglepie.com/cb/62318.png"/a
oups.com...

Old December 14th 05, 07:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Same for me... living up in the high desert dries everything out,
especially with the windy wintertime. Saline helps with that a little
bit and when it's really bad I have to go with some vaseline or
lotion...

Cristi :]

Old December 14th 05, 07:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Tell me about it...

Not only do I have a stuffy nose for all my pregnancy (same with the first,
so far this one's not different) and it's uncomfortable to begin with, but
it really hinders my control over my Tourette syndrom! Gosh this is
annoying!

--

Isabelle
Mom to Mlle C, Nov., 2004

oups.com...

Old December 15th 05, 10:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
A stuffy nose I mean!

Conception coincided with the onset of cold/flu season so this may be
coincidental. No flu for me, fortunately, but since I was a few weeks
pregnant, I've had a stupid stuffed up nose. It was a full blown cold
for a week or so, and now is just a stuffy nose. Is t his some weird
pregnancy symptom no one tells you about? And what can I do to get rid
of it?

Oh, yes. I've had it with all three of my pregnancies. I read somewhere that
our blood vessels swell, and cause constriction in the nasal passages. Makes
nosebleeds more common as well. With my first, I had to sleep on two pillows
to keep my head propped up enough to drain. This time hasn't been as bad as
that, but I just feel like I can't breathe very well. Don't have a solution
except giving birth.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (4 years),