More U.S. Children Vaccinated Than Ever

Old August 9th 03, 02:46 AM
Jeff Utz

Default More U.S. Children Vaccinated Than Ever

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
et...
"Peter Bowditch" wrote
And wasn't Roger the mathematician who helped the AAPS prove that when
you compare 1/5,000 with 3/10,000 the answer is 1/30 because 1/5,000
(the measured value) is really 1/100,000?

This appears to be an obscure reference to the analysis that
caused the rotavirus vaccine to be withdrawn from the market.
Maybe you were not persuaded, but the FDA, CDC, and the
vaccine maker were all persuaded, and the rotavirus vaccine
is still off the market.

Actually, the FDA and CDC felt that the vaccine should be temporarily
withdrawn while the situation is more carefully evaluated. The vaccine maker
withdrew the vaccine and kept it off the market because of liability
concerns.

Jeff

Old August 9th 03, 03:00 AM
Roger Schlafly

"Jeff Utz" wrote
Of the ACIP working group, many were representatives of physicians

specialty
groups (peds, Ob/gyn, internal medicine, family practice, infectious
diseases), one was health plan organization representative, one a drug
company group representative, some worked for the CDC. Seems pretty well
rounded to me.

No, it is not well rounded, because they are all drug company
stooges. I'd like to see:

1 member nominated by AAPS.
1 member nominated by NVIC.
1 member who is a non-medical scientist with expertise in
policy and risk analysis.
Several members who are demonstrably untainted by drug money.
At least 1 member who is appropriately skeptical of confidential
drug company data.
1 member representing the public at large.

Old August 9th 03, 03:12 AM
Roger Schlafly

"Jeff Utz" wrote
Really? Could it be that there is more than on maker of certain vaccines,

Sure.

Who makes the AAP endorsements? The editor of the Journal? Or a committee

of
pediatricians who are experts on infectious disease?

Actually, the AAP just rubberstamps the CDC/ACIP schedule.

This is the original message to which Roger is posting is below. Note how

he
convinently snipped off his prior claim that drug makers don't advertise
vaccines.

Huhh? Your quotes do not back you up.

Mark said:
Hmmm.so that explains why we see ads in magazines, and on TV, for the
latter, but not for vaccines?

I said (with typos corrected):
The drug companies don't need to place a lot of ads for their vaccines,
because they lobby the gubmnt to mandate the vaccine. Why advertise
if people don't have a choice anyway?

Neither of us said that there are no vaccine ads anywhere at all.

Old August 9th 03, 03:38 AM
Roger Schlafly

"Beth" wrote
Well, realistically, I don't think it's possible to assemble a
completely unbiased group of experts about anything.

That's right, but it is possible to make sure that diverse points of
view are represented, and to have open meetings.

The combination of those things tell me that this committee is trying
hard to prevent others from scrutinizing their work. Understandable,
no one likes their work scrutinized, but its part and parcel of being
on a committee that gets to set public policy. That's why we have open
meeting laws and require conflict of interest statements to be on
file. Not allowing the public access to such documentation seems very
suspicious to me. I begin to wonder, what are they hiding?

Yes. Right. They are hiding weaknesses in their case for vaccine
mandates.

Old August 9th 03, 04:21 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Mark Probert wrote:
Roger Schlafly wrote:

The lower marketing expenses for vaccines makes them more
profitable, not less.

Just like supplements, herbs, chiropractic, etc.

BTW, they do not have to advertise, since there is no competition.

Now that Mark has made it clear that he was referring to vaccines, not
supplements, I must point out that he's incorrect; there are competing
vaccines of some types.

For those who'd like to know which vaccines still have thimerosal in
them, and how much, see this link:

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old August 9th 03, 04:27 AM
D. C. Sessions

In , Beth wrote:

First, I have difficulty believing that there are NO experts without
financial ties to vaccine manufacturers. It's possible that such
experts are few and far between, but I doubt they are non-existant.
My take on it, especially after having read a few threads on
vaccination, is that anyone who doesn't support the current CDC policy
wholeheartly is considered to be anti-vaccination. If the same
attitude is present within the administration of the CDC, I would
guess that such a person would not be considered for inclusion on the
committee.

The problem with all of this "vested interest" smokescreen is
that it starts from the premise that *any* connection to *any*
pharmaceutical corporation at any time automatically makes
the person in question a mindless slave to *all* pharmaceutical
corporations for all time.

Even were the "influence" supposition correct, the companies
involved are more often bitter rivals than allies.

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |
Old August 9th 03, 05:32 AM
Roger Schlafly

"D. C. Sessions" wrote
The problem with all of this "vested interest" smokescreen is
that it starts from the premise that *any* connection to *any*
pharmaceutical corporation at any time automatically makes
the person in question a mindless slave to *all* pharmaceutical
corporations for all time.

Whose premise is that? I do get worried when they say that
the only people who can be found to support the ACIP policy
are those who have been paid off by the vaccine lobby.

Old August 9th 03, 02:05 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

"Roger Schlafly" wrote:

"Jeff Utz" wrote
Of the ACIP working group, many were representatives of physicians

specialty
groups (peds, Ob/gyn, internal medicine, family practice, infectious
diseases), one was health plan organization representative, one a drug
company group representative, some worked for the CDC. Seems pretty well
rounded to me.

No, it is not well rounded, because they are all drug company
stooges.

Proof please?

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both