"Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

Old July 14th 03, 02:18 AM
just me

Default "Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
I've got several half-finished counted cross stitch projects. Never
seem to make it further than half way on anything though.
CCS is the only thing I've ever learned how to do with a needle, other
than the simplest button or seam repair.

Think small [projects]. Bookmarks, 4x4 inch items. Those tend to come
together quickly and you can actually finish them in the same year [BTDT].
Also, if you like counted xstitch: consider blackwork [which is often not
in black]. It is fun and you don't have to worry about misplacing color,
just following the stitching diagram for placement. They come out quite
beautiful and there are many patterns available on line for free.

-Aula

---

Old July 14th 03, 03:22 AM
Bannty

In article , Phoebe says...

just me wrote:

"Clisby Williams" wrote in message

I test INTJ. It absolutely fits.

Banty

I test INTJ also.

That's three of us.

Make it 4. Although I can be an ENTJ if I try really,
really hard. Since I haven't needed to be one in awhile, I
remember how much work it is, but not that I enjoy it.

Phoebe *introvert by temperament, extrovert by sheer force
of will*

I'm a really strong T and J, a so-so N (I even forget what the 'N' is...), but
once I tested as an ESTJ. I've been (I think) accurately described by a friend
as a "gregarious loner". I can be very outgoing as long as I have that cave to
retreat to and enough time in it.

Banty

Old July 14th 03, 03:34 AM
Banty

In article , "just says...

"Banty" wrote in message
Some day, some day, I would just LOVE to say something like "oh, foo - you

can
party ANYTIME...how about joining me and starting an embroidery project of

your
own - I can show you this new stitch I'm using from a book on Turkish

embroidery
- 'sira ishi'..."

Let's start a revolution! I'd love to learn Turkish embroidery........

I picked up a book on it (now somewhat buried 10 years of behind unsorted kid
crafts, fittingly).

On an aside, have you ever visited rec.crafts.textiles.needlework? They do
get a lot of off topic discussion going, but I have found some helpful
information there that I'd never find in most RL settings. If you can wade
through the OT stuff it is interesting.

No time for either :-(

Banty

Old July 14th 03, 04:09 AM
Tina

Clisby Williams wrote in message ...
Sue wrote:

Cheryl S. wrote in message news:bes69l$8en21

Another INTJ heard from. ;-)

If I knew what that meant, I could probably say that I am too. )

--
Sue
mom to three girls

Well, of course, because INTJs are cool.

snip
However, you didn't say what kind of needlework you do.

Clisby

OK -- I'll admit to being an ENFP, as well as a quilter, beadworker,
and embroiderer.

Surely there are some other E's at least (if not FP's) out there!

Tina.
Old July 14th 03, 05:12 AM
Leslie

What is it with the word "sad" in these bf discussions?? Even when talking
another bfing woman, if something isn't quite in place, it's said to be
saaaaaaaaaadddd.

I use the word "sad" because it expresses how I feel. What word would you
suggest? Why does "sad" irritate you?

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91), Jake (1/27/94), Teddy (2/15/95), and William (3/5/01)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/onemoremakesfour/

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old July 14th 03, 10:59 AM
just me

"Clisby Williams" wrote in message
I would think most people who liked CCS would probably like needlepoint
as well. I've
done needlepoint where I took the design from a CCS book.

I would think that the patterns would be pretty much interchangeable other
than blackwork. I have not done needlepoint in years but I've often
pondered the close similarity of the two crafts.

-Aula

---

Old July 14th 03, 02:29 PM
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall

In seyshell wrote:
omg, did
you know it was *encouraged* to give your 2 month old phenergan!!!!
Michelle

The anti-nausea drug? Seriously? Do I even want to know why you were
encouraged? Did it have to do with sleep or something? Every time I've
taken it, I'm so loopy that I just sleep for about six hours.

Meredith
--
Mom to limping-boy and smiley-girl
Old July 14th 03, 02:47 PM
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall

In The Ranger wrote:
Dawn Lawson wrote in message
[snip]

Your choice of religion is [thankfully] not government-mandated. We
chose formula for all three of my daughter-units based on the
information available to us from sources that we felt offered more
balanced opinions than those being produced by specialty organizations.

Attempting to use the same tired, old, redundant scare tactics that we
tanked my daughter-units potential insert favorite LLL catchphrase
or produced mentally-deficient specimens because we didn't exclusively
bf won't convert us to The Cause any more than it did during that time.
We chose formula for several reasons, mostly because we saw more
benefits to using formula than breastmilk.

The Ranger

Why bother with LLL catchphrases? (What are LLL catchphrases anyway?
Does anyone know?) Why not just insert AAP catchphrases. Much more
scientific.

Meredith
Old July 14th 03, 05:29 PM
iphigenia

Leslie wrote:
Hmmm . . . I am an INFJ . . . am I the only one here? And I am very
"I." I have always felt bf was great for my introversion, because
when my babies were small I could use it as an excuse to leave the
room and get away from everyone for awhile.

I think being an 'I' can be really nice for moms of newborns. When I see the
complaints about moms who can't get anything done and can't go anywhere
because the baby wants to nurse constantly - well, I understand in my head,
but not in my heart. When Gabe was at that stage, I just got a lot of books
from the library (or sent DH to the library with a list, as the library was
across the street from his work) and read alllll day. I thought it was
heaven - I had a great excuse to do nothing but devour books!

: )

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
"Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD! Corinne General 138 July 25th 03 09:31 PM