I'm getting married...

Old September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
Betsy

"CME" wrote in message
news:QB20d.83884$jZ5.68996@clgrps13...

"Betsy" wrote in message
news:fvV%c.455$Sb.257@trnddc06...

"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Well, this is about assp posters getting together.

Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet?
That'd
be
great by me.

Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
next summer?

Cele

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

Betsy

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Christine

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

Betsy

Old September 9th 04, 09:46 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Lisa" wrote in message
"lm" wrote in message

Hmmm, that reminds me, I think there's a wedding about to happen down
Ottawa way.... best wishes to Lisa!

How spooky is that? I was just thinking about you!!

8 more getups, cause the 18th doesn't count!! I was thinking about you
because I'm feeling pretty much like a loon right now, and was wondering

how
you coped. LOL,,,,stupid fake nails sure make typing tuff

Actually, we're pretty much in order, by the end of the weekend all chores
and running around should be done.....

We already had one glitch...Classy fricking formal men's wear went

bankrupt
so we had to redo the fittings and selections for the tuxes. Other than
that, so far so good.

WTH that's only stuff, right? As long as the right people are there it'll
be wonderful.

Good luck to you both.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 09:50 PM
Paul Griffiths

"CME" wrote in message
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message

snip

I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
up your whole day...

Yeah I imagine it would, especially over here where TVs run off 230

volts.

Don't try this at home kids!!! Sorry it needed a parental advisory.

Don't apologise it really did.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 09:51 PM
lm

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:41:00 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
better. Works for us anyway.

A good idea with loved ones of all ages.

lm
Old September 9th 04, 09:57 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Betsy" wrote in message
> [...]
"Cele" wrote in message

snip

Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
next summer?

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.

OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next

summer
for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go.

think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity

visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in

paying
my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

I'd be doing the same thing. Opportunities to experience things like that
don't come up very often. If other things have to suffer so he can go then
so be it, I'd say.

Oh and I was implying that *my* finances were in a mess. A meet certainly
does sound like fun though.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 09:59 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Betsy" wrote in message
"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
otherwise.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 10:03 PM
Betsy

"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
otherwise.

--
Paul Griffiths

Only reason I can say that I'd be able to do it either way is, A) he's going
to Germany, so if the meet is scheduled during that time frame, he won't be
with me; and B) I have parents who will be delighted to take J for a few
days or even a week or more. They really have been a Godsend in certain
times. I guess it will all depend on where other personal issues stand at
the proposed time. If that makes any sense.

Betsy

Old September 9th 04, 10:04 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Betsy" wrote in message
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Betsy" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
immigration form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think

it's
an I-29?

Got it already sent in. Thanks

Hmm...

Hmm???

Yeah I was just noticing how far you'd got and wondering if we were falling
behind.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 10:23 PM
Betsy

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
immigration form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think

it's
an I-29?

Got it already sent in. Thanks

Hmm...

Hmm???

Yeah I was just noticing how far you'd got and wondering if we were
falling
behind.

--
Paul Griffiths

All I got was the paperwork mailed out. Just sent it out Wednesday. It
probably won't arrive at the processing center for about a week. Of course,
while he was visiting I had pulled everything up from the website, and
downloaded the needed forms. Saved time later when we decided to actually
go through with it. Now it's in the hands of the government. Hurry up and
wait

Betsy

Old September 10th 04, 04:46 AM
Cele

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next summer
for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go. I
think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity to
visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in paying
my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

Whereabouts are you, then, Betsy? We'll look for somewhere strategic..

Cele