Question, worried cause milk doesnt show up

Old October 2nd 06, 04:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irrational Number

Default Question, worried cause milk doesnt show up

On 2006-10-01 06:12:11 +0800, Irrational Number said:

The solution
is to get rid of the plug. The scary way is to
prick it with a needle if you can see it.

Anita, are you serious??

Jack Newman also says the same thing:

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/22blo..._mastitis.html

-- Anita --
Old October 2nd 06, 02:10 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-10-01 06:12:11 +0800, Irrational Number said:

The solution
is to get rid of the plug. The scary way is to
prick it with a needle if you can see it.

Anita, are you serious??

Jack Newman also says the same thing:

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/22blo..._mastitis.html

-- Anita --

OH oh oh - yes, I knew THAT.... but the way I read it was nothing to do
with the nipple - I pictured this poor woman sticking a needle into the
lump in her breast and this spray of milk being released !!

Thanks for clarifying

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife

Old October 2nd 06, 02:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

On 2006-10-01 06:12:11 +0800, Irrational Number
said:

The solution
is to get rid of the plug. The scary way is to
prick it with a needle if you can see it.

Anita, are you serious??

Jack Newman also says the same thing:

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/22blo..._mastitis.html

-- Anita --

OH oh oh - yes, I knew THAT.... but the way I read it was nothing to do
with the nipple - I pictured this poor woman sticking a needle into the
lump in her breast and this spray of milk being released !!

Oh, yeah, we had a short discussion on this topic before. I always think of
a plugged duct as being down in the breast away from the nipple. You
wouldn't want to stick a needle in there! Apparently, some people think of
a milk blister when they hear/read "plugged duct." Just something we on mkb
need to keep our eyes open for.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old October 3rd 06, 06:38 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Erin

The pictures are really beautiful. Very nice family.

Are you having any fever at all? Chills? If this happens, it could be
mastitis. This needs to be treated right away by a doctor with
antibiotics.

I had a low supply in the beginning, too. It is more common than people
realize. My very progressive trusting OB told me it takes about six
weeks to get the "flow" of nursing.

I agree with what everyone has said about constant nursing. No pump
will get out what the baby can. Is the baby squearming at the breast?
If not and you are hearing swallowing, the baby is getting the milk.
Sometimes, I just close my eyes and sit very still so I can consentrate
on the sound of baby swallowing. It sounds like a small sigh. You will
have to listen hard to hear it in a baby that young, but you can make
it out.

If supply issues continue, I suggest this herbal product. It has
increased my supply so much!

http://www.motherlove.com/pressrelease-2004-07-01.php

Best of luck,
Erin

Familie Knots wrote:
Hi everybody.

After 3.5 years I'm back to this group.
My oldest is 3,5 and unfortunately i wasnt able to breastfeed him, This
time, with our new little angel Im trying again my best but oh man.....
takes sooo long, I only hear negative advices, "just forget it", give him
just formula, it is also good, U gotta sleep better, All day is not only
breastfeeding and pumping,... not all woman can breastfeed, u are one of
those.grgrgrgrgrgrg....

Anyway... last Sept 19th I gave birth to our little one, Rodrigo, it was
a C-Section (my second) and till today, day 9 my breast arent close to be
with milk, i just can pump 20cc after 15 min (without giving Rodrigo any)...
i switch it ... once breast feeding (15 min each breast) and next time only
pumping.........

Is there any one to give me advice?, what should i do to improve my milk
production?, Im trying to be relaxed cause i know stress makes all worst but
well... with an 3.5 years old at home, still pain from the surgery and
recovery and a little one hungry not getting enough milk from mum is driving
me crazy..........

Many greetings and thanks in advance for ur answers.

Carolina
Ricardo 24-03-03
Rodrigo 19-09-06

Old October 4th 06, 10:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Familie Knots

Hi Erin and everybody who kindly replied to my messages..

Well....... now it is going like this:

I just pumped once yesterday (since few days ago without doing it) .. it
was the ime i didnt nurse for few hours cause he was sleeping great.... i
got 30cc =(...... Well, better than 10 cc that i used to get almost every
single time..

What we are doing is nursing veeeeery long, trying to keep him kind of
awake.. i think he drinks or well, at least there is some milk comming out
cause when i take mt breast out of his mouth i can see milk in his mouth.
Well the point is that we nurse hours... 1,5, 1 hour is the average BUT
after that i think... mmm there is no much milk anyway so i take him off, i
check my nipples and voila!! milk keeps comming out... so i keep nursing,,,
etc..

After a while i give up and my husband or me gives formula (bottle)... he
really doesnt looks confused with my nipples but he does with he bottle..
somethimes he cant find the way to drink from there. Anyway he still gets
about 80cc .. otherwhise he cries constantly. He usually poops after his
milk so when i change his pampers before he is "done"i gotta do it at least
once more after....... Every single time takes me AT LEAST 2 hours
feeding and makes me feel like a ghost the whole day...

Oh one more thing, at hospital igot an spray it calls syntocinon (exytocinum
40 IE/ml )... i gotta use it 2 till 5 min before breastfeeding.... i have
no clue if it helps ..... i still dont really get much milk =(

Im driving crazy cause i dont know if it will ever get better (i read
from everybody that it will but....) I really cant stop with the bottle
feeding cause he looks so hungry after nursing and im affraid something goes
wrong if i keep doing what i want ( people tells.... well..... if u cant
breastfeed u cant... thats it).

I really dont wanna quit.. it will feel again like i didnt try enough
bt i dont see neither the progress on what till now im doing.

=(

Greetings
Carolina
www.sappc.com

"Erin" schreef in bericht
ups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"Familie Knots" wrote in message
el.net...
Im driving crazy cause i dont know if it will ever get better (i read
from everybody that it will but....) I really cant stop with the bottle
feeding cause he looks so hungry after nursing and im affraid something
goes wrong if i keep doing what i want ( people tells.... well..... if u
cant breastfeed u cant... thats it).

I really dont wanna quit.. it will feel again like i didnt try enough
bt i dont see neither the progress on what till now im doing.

Pumping output is not an accurate indication of milk supply. Remind me why
you started pumping?

Jess

Old October 4th 06, 07:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Erin

Is he crying immediately when coming off the breast?

Are you sure he's crying because he's hungry?

Did your breasts ever become engorged? Very full?

Old October 4th 06, 10:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

"Familie Knots" wrote and I snipped:
[...]

Carolina, it sounds like your baby is getting lots of milk when he nurses.
Don't let his crying make you think he's hungry. He may need to burp or
have a diaper change. He may just want to be held.

You should estimate the amount of formula that you've been giving him each
day. Then, try to reduce that amount day by day. Maybe you can give him
smaller and smaller bottles each day. It sounds like you do have milk and
that you can get your baby fully onto the breast, if that is what you want.

As you reduce the formula, watch that he continues to have lots of wet
diapers each day.

Some babies are very needy in the early weeks. My daughter wanted to nurse
or sleep in my arms 24 hours a day. It was tiring for me, but at about 8
weeks of age, it got much better. I think that breastfeeding can be harder
than bottle feeding in the first 6 to 8 weeks but that it gets much easier
than bottle-feeding after that. And, of course, it is always healthier.

Have you tried using breast compression while your son is nursing?

Hang in there,
-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old October 5th 06, 02:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-10-05 01:17:34 +0800, "Jess" said:

"Familie Knots" wrote in message
el.net...
Im driving crazy cause i dont know if it will ever get better (i read
from everybody that it will but....) I really cant stop with the
bottle feeding cause he looks so hungry after nursing and im affraid
something goes wrong if i keep doing what i want ( people tells....
well..... if u cant breastfeed u cant... thats it).

I really dont wanna quit.. it will feel again like i didnt try enough
bt i dont see neither the progress on what till now im doing.

Pumping output is not an accurate indication of milk supply. Remind me
why you started pumping?

Jess

I think if she is giving formula, the pumping is a good idea to
increase the stimulationg that she is not getting from the baby while
he is bottle feeding. It doesn't matter that she's not getting the
same amount out, but each bottle is 80ml less milk her breasts are
going to produce otherwise.

Jo

--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife