I did it! (A wrap)

Old December 20th 06, 04:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default I did it! (A wrap)

After the little discussion about baby wraps and all that, I went out and
picked up this nasty pink material. I figured it was stretchy and I thought
it 'rolled' when stretched.
Turned out that it did fray and not 'roll' and it also really wasn't as
stretchy as I had thought. It kind of stretched one way but not the other.
It was also disgustingly thick and heavy.

The other night, I went back to Walmart to hunt through the
clearance/discount bin full of random things of material. I found a VERY
stretchy material that is kind of white with green and little white daisies
on it. It's also very light and 'breatheable' (sp?)
Anyways... I've been wearing DD2 now for about half an hour since I cut the
material down. This works fantastic, and it's VERY light. I still have
enough material to make 2 more wraps. I don't think I'd have any use for 2
extra wraps, and IIRC, my one cousin who just had her baby girl already has
some sort of wrap. This material is very girlie, and I know no one who has
just had (or will have) a baby girl any time soon.

This is absolutely awesome. It cost me around $10 for the material in total
(for 5m - which is close enough to 5.5y) so divide that by 3 wraps I can
make and it basically cost me less than $3.50 a shot. It's great, so thanks
to those who offered advice and info. I even found a great way to walk
around and nurse with no hands. It's quite convenient. DD2 has been
snoozing since I put her in it, and finding a way to wrap it that doesn't
make the baby fall out was quite the good job on my part

Old December 20th 06, 09:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-12-20 12:12:56 +0800, "xkatx" said:
DD2 has been snoozing since I put her in it, and finding a way to
wrap it that doesn't make the baby fall out was quite the good job on
my part

Yay you! I'm glad you found something that worked for you - and so cheap, too!

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife

Old December 20th 06, 04:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irene

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Woo hoo! Glad to know that worked for you! If that fabric is working
out for you, you may as well hang onto 2 - that way, you have one to
wash, and one to wear.

Btw, once your baby gets heavier, you will probably find that a
stretchy wrap doesn't work as well, and you may want to investigate
more supportive fabrics. But for now, you should be set!

Irene

Old January 21st 07, 09:21 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

xkatx wrote:

This is absolutely awesome. It cost me around $10 for the material in total
(for 5m - which is close enough to 5.5y) so divide that by 3 wraps I can
make and it basically cost me less than $3.50 a shot. It's great, so thanks
to those who offered advice and info. I even found a great way to walk
around and nurse with no hands. It's quite convenient. DD2 has been
snoozing since I put her in it, and finding a way to wrap it that doesn't
make the baby fall out was quite the good job on my part

Hee! Fabulous!

The thing that converted me to being a babywearing evangelist was not
fancy slings...but the fact that I could make one out of a bedsheet.