What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

Old December 12th 03, 05:43 PM
Daye

Default What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:34:31 GMT, "CBI" wrote:

Not only do they remember them (in the short term - like until the next
visit) but they also often remember that it was the the assistant that gave
them and not the doc.

In my DD's case, it was the doctor that gave her the injections.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old December 12th 03, 05:48 PM
Daye

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:12:42 GMT, "Carol Ann"
wrote:

I have not met one woman
personally who found an uncircumsized penis attractive. On the contrary,
they found it a turn off.

I find them attractive. A penis is a penis. I mean, whether or not
the foreskin is intact has nothing to do with the attractiveness or
the effectiveness of a penis in a sexual context when it come to the
woman. I can not speak for the man, as I am not one.

Old December 12th 03, 05:56 PM
toypup

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
::: I personally would circumcise my son (if I had one) AND I would ask

for
them
::: to lessen the pain during and after the procedure.
:::
::: I find an uncircumcised penis quite unattractive.
::
:: Since you wouldn't be having sex with your son, why do you need to find
:: his penis attractive?

I don't see how you could ask such a silly question. I would want my

child
to be as attractive and "normal" as possible. I have not met one woman
personally who found an uncircumsized penis attractive. On the contrary,
they found it a turn off.

There have been a few in this thread who voiced the opposing opinion which
you have ignored. Add me to that side. I do not find unc*rced pen*ses
unattractive. It is not a turn off.

Anyway, what is normal and what is not depends on the circle of friends you
run with. You want your child to look the same as his friends, who may or
may not be c*rced when he is older. You have no way of knowing. He may be
the odd one out.

As for UTI's and high maintenance, my brothers are not c*rced and neither is
DS and there is no high incidence of UTI's and no need for high maintenance.
It is as easy as washing a finger.

You did it to make your DS more attractive to you, but it is not for
decreasing incidence of UTI's and it is not for easier maintenance. Doing
it merely to make it more aesthetically pleasing to yourself is not a good
reason, IMO. He may not find it so when he's older and his opinion is the
one that matters. If he wants to be c*rced when he is older, so be it. You
should not make that decision for him.

Old December 12th 03, 05:59 PM
toypup

"Fer" wrote in message

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
Carol Ann wrote:

I don't see how you could ask such a silly question. I would want my

child
to be as attractive and "normal" as possible. I have not met one

woman
personally who found an uncircumsized penis attractive. On the

contrary,
they found it a turn off.

I find scar tissue a turn off, and I haven't seen one circ'd penis that
didn't have some scar tissue.

Hmmm not me, the penises I've seen have been free of scar tissue

They do have scar tissue, you just are so used to seeing it, you don't
identify it as such.

Old December 12th 03, 06:06 PM
Daye

x-no-archive: yes

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:59:36 GMT, "toypup"
wrote:

They do have scar tissue, you just are so used to seeing it, you don't
identify it as such.

DH has scar tissue. Not a lot, but it is there. Funny, until you
called it that, I never thought it in that way.

Old December 12th 03, 06:17 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Elizabeth Reid wrote:

to me (although not a turn-off, just odd). However, I suspect if
I'd grown up with mostly uncircumsized penises, a circumsized one
would look equally weird, and now they both look normal to me.

Besides, while erect, they look virtually identical, although the circ'd
penis often has some scar tissue which puckers and shows prominantly
while erect.

Old December 12th 03, 06:22 PM
Circe

"Rupert" wrote in message
m...

Two months ago I was all for circumcision. Now I am not so sure. If
you are a Christian (not making any assumptions here), there is no
religious reason to have it performed. I think the only religion that
"requires" is it Judaism.

Islam also requires circumcision.

BTW- I am, and I don't think of myself as being "mutilated" in any
way. That's a pretty harsh way of putting it.

I don't think of my circumcised husband or oldest son as "mutilated",
either. I know my husband does not think of himself as mutilated. I do think
of them both as having been unnecessarily and involuntarily surgically
altered.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [a quarter to 2] mom)

"Custom fabracation" -- Auto body shop sign

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Old December 12th 03, 06:24 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Fer wrote:

Well then I guess the men I have come across and my friends SO must be VERY
VERY dirty men because the BIGGEST complaint I have heard is that they just
are NOT clean enough...?

I guess, because I know a lot of uncirc'd men and none of them to my
knowledge (and most of them are family, and a lot of them are children)
have never had a problem with hygeine, urinary tract infections, or
anything of the sort.

My DH also says he's never had a woman tell him his penis was
unattractive or repulsive to her because it was uncirc'd, never even
heard a woman in his hearing remark upon the difference as being
distasteful. Believe me, he has a long history with women, too.

He figures that the only reason there's a problem at all is because men
are nervous about it, and mention it to the woman as a confession of
something bad, and then because they are nervous they are quite likely
flaccid when showing the uncirc'd penis... because honestly, there is
very little difference between a circ'd and uncirc'd penis visually
while erect.

I don't know many women who view penises as particular attractive,
anyway.. in my experience most women have an "eww" factor about penises
right from the get-go whether they are circumcised or not.

Old December 12th 03, 06:46 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Nan wrote:

But, my dh had "issues" because of his looking different than his
peers, both in the public school showers and in the military.

My dh said he never had a problem. He was also in the military (air
force). I think it is a personal thing. Children (and men in general
sometimes) will find reasons to be cruel. Anything that is different is
a flag. Perhaps my DH was not so "different" (maybe other boys/men were
uncirc'd) or maybe he just didn't care what people thought of his penis.

Old December 12th 03, 07:06 PM
Chotii

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
Kari wrote:

*
* Anti-Circumcision Nazis
* say in here (I guess I could have just said people) about it being

torture
* and traumatizing you know yada, yada, yada.
*
*I guess that would be me! Lol. Let me ask you if you have EVER seen a

baby
*being circumsized..because it really does look like torture. I personally
*can't stand to see my child in pain. If you could stand there and watch
*someone do that to your baby, then wow, that's all I have to say.

I suppose if you watch someone incompetent do it, it looks awful. I have
seen a good number of them done an frankly, it's never really looked so
terrible. Generally the baby gives a good shout/cry when the men hold him
down, then the procedure occurs and mom nurses the baby and all is right
with the world as far as an onlooker can see. That's not to say that tears
didn't well up in my eyes when my son started to cry when my father and
FIL started holding him down - but honestly, he didn't cry during or
after, which was more important to me. Generally speaking the babies are
back to normal realy fast.

You're talking about a bris with a mohel, though. We're talking about the
procedure as done by MDs in hospitals, I think there's a world of
difference.

--angela