new with a question

Old February 26th 04, 12:17 AM
AJZZZMOMMY

Default new with a question

Hello, I have a 15 week old baby girl that was born 4 and half weeks early. She
was born weighing at 6.15 lbs and 18 inch long, she had to stay in the hospital
for 4 days with rapid breathing and wet lungs, we are nursing great! She is now
13 pounds and 24 inches long. Is that a good weight gain for a breastfeed baby
my other two kids were formula feed? With this one I was set in my mind to
nurse her.
My second question is that for the past 2 days she has had a stuffy nose, her
bowel movements are still the yellow runny but its kinda foamy is that normal?
I've never had any of my kids have foamy bowel movements! Sorry if its too much
infomation. Thnaks in advance
Lisa, Mommy to Hannah age 10, Elijah age 4 and Isabella "Bella" age 15 weeks.
Old February 26th 04, 12:21 AM
nina

"AJZZZMOMMY" wrote in message
[...]

Mine was 5 lbs at birth and at 16 weeks nearly 11 lbs. The doctor is ok with
her growth as she
is steadily gaining and remains at the 5th percentile with height and weight
proportionate.
Its still weird for me as my other ones were 11 lbs before 1 month, but
she;s healthy, just tiny.

Old February 26th 04, 12:33 AM
Dagny

[...]

Yes, that is great weight gain. Just nurse her whenever she is hungry.

Foamy -- probably just related to swallowing mucus, and/or, maybe she is
getting more foremilk because of not wanting to nurse as long in a session
because of the stuffy nose. Gas. Don't worry if it goes green for a bit.

-- Dagny

Old February 26th 04, 12:34 AM
Circe

AJZZZMOMMY wrote:
Hello, I have a 15 week old baby girl that was born 4 and half
weeks early. She was born weighing at 6.15 lbs and 18 inch long,
she had to stay in the hospital for 4 days with rapid breathing and
wet lungs, we are nursing great! She is now 13 pounds and 24 inches
long. Is that a good weight gain for a breastfeed baby my other two
kids were formula feed? With this one I was set in my mind to nurse
her.

Welcome, Lisa. Congratulations on your new baby and on your decision to
breastfeed her.

Her weight gain sounds perfect to me. All babies (breastfed or not) are
expected to gain an average of 1/2 lb. per week for about the first four
months, after which they tend to slow down. They are expected to double
their birthweight within 4-6 months and triple it by the end of the first
year. Your baby has gained .46 lbs. a week in 15 weeks and has already
doubled her birthweight. Since breastfed babies typically lose a little
weight for the first few days, it's likely that she's actually gained
slightly more than a .5 lbs. per week on average. Considering that she was a
bit premature and may have had a slightly weak or uncoordinated suck reflex
to begin with, I think you're doing FANTASTICALLY!

My second question is that for the past 2 days she has had a stuffy
nose, her bowel movements are still the yellow runny but its kinda
foamy is that normal? I've never had any of my kids have foamy
bowel movements! Sorry if its too much infomation. Thnaks in advance

Sounds like she's just swallowing mucous and it's getting into her digestive
tract. Doesn't seem like anything to worry about to me.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [23 mos.] mom)

Financing for "5" years -- car dealership sign

Mommy: I call you "baby" because I love you.
Julian (age 4): Oh! All right, Mommy baby.

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 03:25 PM