Hales Look up please.

Old November 11th 03, 03:16 AM
AlenasMom

Default Hales Look up please.

I need to know if it's safe to take Naprosyn. (500mg)
I pulled a muscle in my back, and as I'm the only one home with Alena most
of the day, Dr. L prescribed this for me to ease the pain.
Thanks in advance ladies!

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old November 11th 03, 03:28 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

AlenasMom wrote:

I need to know if it's safe to take Naprosyn. (500mg)

Naproxen. L3, L4 for chronic use. Approved by the AAP.
Pediatric concerns: one reported case of prolonged bleeding,
hemorrhage, and acute anemia in a seven-day-old infant.
Although the amount of maproxen transferred via milk is
minimal, one should use with caution in nursing mothers
because of its long half-life and its effect on infant
cardiovascular system, kidneys, and GI tract. However, its
short term use postpartum, or infrequent or occasional use
would not necessarily be incompatible with breastfeeding.
The relative infant dose on a weight-adjusted maternal daily
dose would be approximately 2.8%. Theoretic infant dose:
0.4 mg/kg/day.

For anyone unfamiliar with it, this is sold OTC in the US as
Aleve. Hale's suggests ibuprofen as an alternative, but
having taken both for cramps in younger years, the naproxen
works much, much better.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Lina.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old November 11th 03, 03:42 AM
AlenasMom

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:

[...]

Just to be clear, I should be okay and so should Alena?

Old November 11th 03, 03:57 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

AlenasMom wrote:

Just to be clear, I should be okay and so should Alena?

You'll be fine. I'd keep a close eye on Alena for GI upset
or bleeding, and limit your use to the minimum you need.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt