Dear Abby

Old October 1st 05, 06:25 AM

Default Dear Abby

Notice they didn't address her CS issue?

--------------------------------
DEAR ABBY: My fiance, "John," wears women's underwear and hose. He likes it,
and I realize it doesn't mean he's gay. That's not the problem.

His ex-wife, "Anita," insists on starting conversations with me about it,
preferably within earshot of others. She asked, in front of their attorneys
after a recent court hearing, if I "liked" the fact that John wears women's
silk panties! (She owes child support and doesn't feel a need to pay it.)

I realize Anita is doing this to embarrass John and me, and I don't know
what to do when she starts these "conversations." I've never met anyone so
cynical, defensive, verbally abusive and in need of counseling. She's also
an alcoholic in denial, but she doesn't have to be drunk to start these
conversations. This is one of the reasons Anita doesn't have custody of
their minor children.

I have tried ignoring her, but she'll stand there and talk to the back of my
head, and the comments get increasingly personal and intrusive. How can I
stop Anita in her tracks? -- EMBARRASSED IN PENNSYLVANIA

DEAR EMBARRASSED: One way to stop her would be to turn around, look her in
the eye and say, "Anita, I know you are bitter and angry, but the kind of
underwear he chooses is up to him and is longer your business. So knock it
off." And then smile.

Old October 1st 05, 07:36 PM
teachrmama

"G" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

No, no, no......She should smile and say in a concerned voice "Anita, Dear,
have you been to court yet for that little DUI incident? Are they giving
you jail time this time?" In an equally loud voice to Anita's, of course.
THAT will shut her up. Won't take care of the CS problem, but it will shut
her up.

Old October 4th 05, 07:11 PM
John

It's 100% #2 wife's fault for being where #1 wife is. Why are they
still socializing in common places. If the husband is too shy to out
the ex for her quirks, then he deserves it. If you don't want to hear
it, don't be where she is.

John

Old October 10th 05, 08:55 PM
BA

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's 100% #2 wife's fault for being where #1 wife is. Why are they
still socializing in common places. If the husband is too shy to out
the ex for her quirks, then he deserves it. If you don't want to hear
it, don't be where she is.

John

Is going to a court hearing "socializing"?

BA

Old October 11th 05, 03:09 AM
John

How often does G visit court that her comments bother her?
How many people does G know at the court house?

John

Old October 14th 05, 05:23 PM
Stevie

What CS issue? Wife #2 is concerned about wife #1 intrusion into
something which is clearly none of her business. Wife #1 is obviously
trying to instigate (and possibly break up marriage #2?).

This has exactly what to do with CS?

Stevie