The right to abandon your child (aka - Roe v. Wade for Men)

Old March 20th 06, 02:08 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

Default The right to abandon your child (aka - Roe v. Wade for Men)

"Gini" wrote in message

"tonita" wrote
Well, I wouldn't consider that an ideal start for a newborn to be
schlepped back and forth. All babies need their mommies.

==
How sexist. If baby is not to be "schlepped back and forth," why should
preference
be based on gender? Actually, some states are now writing statutes stating
that fathers
should be given equal consideration in custody cases.

Why must there be "custody" in the first place?

I'm guessing that
hasn't changed
the practice much though.
==

Old March 20th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.child-support

"R" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah. As a matter of fact I did and I still cant figure out where
logistics figures into what you're saying.

I still can't figure out what "Isn't the you're looking for, 'Logically'?"
means.

The management of the
details of an operation is what logistics mean. How does that relate to
what you said?

Old March 20th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

"tonita" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I wouldn't consider that an ideal start for a newborn to be
schlepped back and forth. All babies need their mommies. Daddies
perform different roles even though most people today disagree.
Everyone wants to change human nature. But yes, both parents should
have equal rights but you can't cut a child in half.

I will never understand the female logic that it's okay for a newborn
child
to be "schlepped back and forth" from daycare 10 times per week, but it is
not okay for a newborn child to be "schlepped back and forth" from their
father a couple of times a week.

Why aren't the trips to and from daycare worse than far fewer trips to be
with the father?

Why is it a mother would entrust a child to a daycare worker before they
would entrust a child to the baby's father?

And why would it even be considered "entrusting"? The father is just as
much a parent as the mother is!!

Old March 20th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Ken Chaddock" wrote
In most jurisdictions in the US, an unmarried mother can put her child up
for adoption without the consent of the father and, if the father wants to
retain custody of the child, he must assume all legal and financial
responsibility by "adopting" his own child, thereby absolving the mother
of all legal and financial responsibility,

===
Where on earth did you get this?? In what jurisdictions must the father
adopt his own child? In what jurisdictions
can the child be put up for adoption without the father's consent (save
abandonment, which has strict criteria)?
===

Old March 20th 06, 03:51 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Chris" wrote

Why must there be "custody" in the first place?

==
You got me--My ex and I didn't have a custody agreement. Seems very odd to
me that people put their children
under control of the state. It totally baffles me.
==

Old March 20th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Gini" wrote in message news:7CpTf.543$Qm2.67@trndny03...

"Ken Chaddock" wrote
In most jurisdictions in the US, an unmarried mother can put her child

up
for adoption without the consent of the father and, if the father wants

retain custody of the child, he must assume all legal and financial
responsibility by "adopting" his own child, thereby absolving the mother
of all legal and financial responsibility,

===
Where on earth did you get this?? In what jurisdictions must the father
adopt his own child? In what jurisdictions
can the child be put up for adoption without the father's consent (save
abandonment, which has strict criteria)?
===

I too would challenge the statement fathers are forced to adopt their own
children. But in many jurisdictions, including where I live, adoption law
practice plays it fast and loose with father's rights before adoption.

One of the many games is to place "public notice ads" in a newspaper where
the father never lived giving him notice unless he comes forward his child
will be adopted out. The legal logic is there is a presumption he might
have lived there. When the father fails to respond the adoption moves
forward without his knowledge.

Old March 20th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Gini" wrote

[...]

Not so in PA, FL and WVA (where we adopted). It can take *years* to revoke a
parent's
parental rights and he can come back years later and contest the adoption
and win if he didn't
know about it. My sister had her foster children ( 2 siblings) from toddlers
and *finally* was granted adoption
when they were teens. They waited all those years for the father to show up.
They even waited
years after the mother died of a drug overdose and her mother died before
they granted the adoption.
==

Old March 20th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

Oregon is one of the jurisdictions where a single mother can "shop" the
legal system to get the desired result. California mothers place public
notice ads in southern Oregon newspapers. When the presumptive father
doesn't respond they "sell" the baby to the private adoption parents.

Old March 20th 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

Let me guess; if it were the father (as opposed to the mother) attempting to
do the same thing, they would likewise expedite the process..........

Old March 20th 06, 05:58 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

"tonita" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I wouldn't consider that an ideal start for a newborn to be
schlepped back and forth. All babies need their mommies. Daddies
perform different roles even though most people today disagree.
Everyone wants to change human nature. But yes, both parents should
have equal rights but you can't cut a child in half.

I will never understand the female logic that it's okay for a newborn

child
to be "schlepped back and forth" from daycare 10 times per week, but it is
not okay for a newborn child to be "schlepped back and forth" from their
father a couple of times a week.

Not female logic; rather sick person's logic.

Why aren't the trips to and from daycare worse than far fewer trips to be
with the father?

Simple; because fathers are considered a danger to their child, thus it is
not in the best interest of the child to be with its father. Number of trips
is irrelevant.

Why is it a mother would entrust a child to a daycare worker before they
would entrust a child to the baby's father?

Because said "mother" gets paid MORE money if she hands her child to a
stranger rather than its own father.