Psychic Sophie, you were....

Old May 29th 04, 07:01 PM
Sophie

Default Psychic Sophie, you were....

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hey, Psychic Sophie,
We're just about home study approved for our next adoption -- any boy or
girl vibes for us?
wink
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

I only see you with girls for some reason.

Old May 29th 04, 07:17 PM
Jamie Clark

That works for me...although dh would love a boy. Since we actually will
match with a birthmother, it sort of changes the issue a little bit -- but
it's not like we go into the Birthmother Super Mart and pick one out. So,
we'll wait to be contacted by a birthmother, and weigh out all the other
issues and risk factors, and the gender of her baby, if she even knows it,
is way at the bottom of that list.

But I'm smiling here, hoping for a girl!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 29th 04, 08:56 PM
Amber

Where did they come up with Maggie? My mom was impressed when Patrick came
up with Annabel, she laughed when I told her that's the name of a Thomas
train

Well, I can't be sure. There *is* a little girl named Maggie (Magdalena) in
our church nursery, but they very rarely have contact with her. I think the
real hint came from Parker's teacher when she asked me "What are you naming
your daughter?". When I told her I wasn't sure, she replied "Ohhh, well,
Parker told everyone she would be Maggie and the Ferocious Beast!". lol...so,
maybe Parker picked it up from that cartoon .
*By the way, I told her we already have a ferocious beast named Spencer!

We've got a girl first and middle name - that was easy. We now have a boy
first name. A meaningful middle name for a boy is proving tough. I don't
want to use an obvious family name, don't want to name the kids after
anyone, but I do want something with meaning that goes with the first name.

We had NO, NO, NO boys names that were even remotely in the running. We have
3-4 girls name on our short list. So, I guess it is a good thing that we are
having a girl .

Amber
Mommy to Parker (12/7/99) and Spencer (12/5/01)
Baby Girl due 10/2004!!
"You'll be his first kiss; his first love; his first friend. You are his
mother...and he is your whole life."
Old May 29th 04, 11:26 PM
A&G&K

"Sophie" wrote in message
I'm curious now too ... how 'bout it Sophie??
On of my RL friends can usually tell whether someone is having a boy or
girl, but she couldn't tell for herself or for me

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Another girl.

Ohhh ... then I *will* have to be firm in saying a definite *no* to either
"Sheridan" or "Carmelle" ... sorry if you like them ...but ... *yuck*.
DH has, how shall I say ... ummm ... "interesting" taste in names.
(...besides the fact that the local Catholic high school is called 'Mount
Carmel' .... not that she'd go there but also not a great nickname

Thanks Sophie
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 29th 04, 11:41 PM
Denise Anderson

"A&G&K"

Ohhh ... then I *will* have to be firm in saying a definite *no* to either
"Sheridan" or "Carmelle" ... sorry if you like them ...but ... *yuck*.
DH has, how shall I say ... ummm ... "interesting" taste in names.
(...besides the fact that the local Catholic high school is called 'Mount
Carmel' .... not that she'd go there but also not a great nickname

Thanks Sophie
Amanda

--

I went to a school called Mount Carmel. The local boys had interesting
names for us, that's for sure. I'll have to hide Sheridan from my DH,

Denise

Old May 30th 04, 12:53 AM
Unadulterated Me

Sophie wrote:
"Amber" wrote in message

Yay! Any names?

We haven't gotten that far yet. My boys desperately want to name her

Maggie,

which I do love. Not sure yet though...a girls name is a whole new world

for

me!

Amber

Where did they come up with Maggie?

Maybe the Simpson's, their baby is Maggie short for Margaret.

My mom was impressed when Patrick came
up with Annabel, she laughed when I told her that's the name of a Thomas
train

Well at least it wasn't Diesel...lol

We've got a girl first and middle name - that was easy. We now have a boy
first name. A meaningful middle name for a boy is proving tough. I don't
want to use an obvious family name, don't want to name the kids after
anyone, but I do want something with meaning that goes with the first name.

What about your maiden name if it's suitable.

Old May 30th 04, 02:12 AM
A&G&K

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message

"A&G&K"

Ohhh ... then I *will* have to be firm in saying a definite *no* to

either
"Sheridan" or "Carmelle" ... sorry if you like them ...but ... *yuck*.
DH has, how shall I say ... ummm ... "interesting" taste in names.
(...besides the fact that the local Catholic high school is called

'Mount
Carmel' .... not that she'd go there but also not a great nickname

Thanks Sophie
Amanda

--

I went to a school called Mount Carmel. The local boys had interesting
names for us, that's for sure. I'll have to hide Sheridan from my DH,
that's something he'd likely choose.

Denise

Maybe we should both circumvent our respective DH's and choose the names
between us I think we both have a Kate (IIRC) so we should be able to
agree on something
(Thank goodness DH just said that 'Sheridan" was just a suggestion and that
its not really one of his favs ... phew!)
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 30th 04, 02:43 AM
Circe

A&G&K wrote:
Ohhh ... then I *will* have to be firm in saying a definite *no* to
either "Sheridan" or "Carmelle" ... sorry if you like them ...but
... *yuck*.

Heh, I bet Sophie is with you, because I am and we have pretty much the same
taste in names (not always, but awfully close).

DH has, how shall I say ... ummm ... "interesting" taste in names.
(...besides the fact that the local Catholic high school is called
'Mount Carmel' .... not that she'd go there but also not a great
nickname

We have a Mt. Carmel high school (public) in our county, but Mt. Carmel
(and, by extension, Carmelle) makes me think of David Koresh and Waco, Texas
shudder.

If your husband likes Carmelle, how about Carmen as an alternative. I really
like Carmen, but my husband isn't fond of it (but he wouldn't like Carmelle,
either!).
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 30th 04, 05:46 AM
A&G&K

"Circe" wrote in message
A&G&K wrote:
[...]

I do prefer Carmen to Carmelle ... but I'm still pushing for my fav names.
Thanks for the tip on Waco too - we live in Australia so don't know the
story all that well, but we *do* know about what happened there (Waco).

I'm thinking that we might try the process of elimination with the names ...
they are all on a piece of paper and we can just take turns circling our
favs and crossing off the ones we don't like until we get down to a few
possibilities that would be OK.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 30th 04, 08:44 AM
Rob and Jami

Ohhh ... then I *will* have to be firm in saying a definite *no* to either
"Sheridan" or "Carmelle" ... sorry if you like them ...but ... *yuck*.
DH has, how shall I say ... ummm ... "interesting" taste in names.
(...besides the fact that the local Catholic high school is called 'Mount
Carmel'

Do you live in Michigan???

Jami

FAO: Sophie, other Military spouses GoofeeGyrl General 4 April 29th 04 06:56 PM
Psychic Sophie? Nic H Pregnancy 2 April 20th 04 01:39 PM
Happy 3rd Birthday, Sophie! DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 0 March 13th 04 10:40 PM
Pregnant? PSYCHIC (chiropractic) adjusting can make birth easier... al gu Pregnancy 1 February 23rd 04 01:15 AM
Sophie, I had a dream about you Daye Pregnancy 6 November 25th 03 08:39 PM