Two years....

Old August 20th 06, 05:38 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Default Two years....

Well, I thought H as going to wean himself about a year ago ... and he has
dropped to 2 feeds a day (sometimes more)... but we've made 2 years. K
self-weaned at 18 months, so I'm quite pleased that H hasn't decided he's
finished yet.

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I feel
like this is a milestone for me. I admit to not knowing much about bf
before I gave birth (well I knew the basics but how much does anyone
*really* know before they actually bf their baby?)

I'm so glad that I got heaps of support form both here and from my local LC
over the past 4 or so years... so *thanks* to all of you!

Now to make sure we get some pics of DS bf on his second birthday

Amanda

Old August 20th 06, 10:46 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mum of Two

"FlowerGirl" wrote in message
Well, I thought H as going to wean himself about a year ago ... and he has
dropped to 2 feeds a day (sometimes more)... but we've made 2 years. K
self-weaned at 18 months, so I'm quite pleased that H hasn't decided he's
finished yet.

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I
feel
like this is a milestone for me. I admit to not knowing much about bf
before I gave birth (well I knew the basics but how much does anyone
*really* know before they actually bf their baby?)

I'm so glad that I got heaps of support form both here and from my local
LC
over the past 4 or so years... so *thanks* to all of you!

Now to make sure we get some pics of DS bf on his second birthday

Congrats to you both! I also recently joined the two-years-plus club, and it
was a major milestone for me. DD went through a late nursing strike at about
12-13 months, and I thought she would wean then. She too is on two feeds a
day, sometimes more. She just about lived on breastmilk when she had a
severe tummy bug a few weeks ago and didn't have solids for about four
days - breastmilk was all she could keep down. I was sad to see her so ill,
but it made me warm inside that I could still provide for her when nothing
else worked.
I wish I'd thought of the 2nd birthday photos!

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old August 20th 06, 11:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

FlowerGirl wrote:
Well, I thought H as going to wean himself about a year ago ... and he has
dropped to 2 feeds a day (sometimes more)... but we've made 2 years. K
self-weaned at 18 months, so I'm quite pleased that H hasn't decided he's
finished yet.

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I feel
like this is a milestone for me. I admit to not knowing much about bf
before I gave birth (well I knew the basics but how much does anyone
*really* know before they actually bf their baby?)

I'm so glad that I got heaps of support form both here and from my local LC
over the past 4 or so years... so *thanks* to all of you!

Now to make sure we get some pics of DS bf on his second birthday

Amanda

Congrats!
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 6 months
Old August 21st 06, 04:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"FlowerGirl"

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I
feel
like this is a milestone for me.

That is huge Amanda! Congrats :-) You are doing an awesome job!
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old August 21st 06, 05:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
[...]

Oh thanks for the gastro tip ... DD has been spewing all morning.
She weaned at 18 mo, but has been getting a few squirts of breastmilk in her
cup of milk since then ... I might express a bit and see if she can keep
that down.

Oh - and congrats on the 2 year marker too
Amanda

Old August 21st 06, 05:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Now to make sure we get some pics of DS bf on his second birthday

Amanda

Congrats!

Thanks

Old August 21st 06, 05:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:JpGdnfotJM6Mt3TZnZ2dnUVZ_vqdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"FlowerGirl"

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I
feel
like this is a milestone for me.

That is huge Amanda! Congrats :-) You are doing an awesome job!

Thanks.
Amanda

Old August 26th 06, 04:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
arachne

FlowerGirl wrote:
Well, I thought H as going to wean himself about a year ago ... and he has
dropped to 2 feeds a day (sometimes more)... but we've made 2 years. K
self-weaned at 18 months, so I'm quite pleased that H hasn't decided he's
finished yet.

Much as I know many people here have bf for much longer than 2 years, I feel
like this is a milestone for me. I admit to not knowing much about bf
before I gave birth (well I knew the basics but how much does anyone
*really* know before they actually bf their baby?)

I'm so glad that I got heaps of support form both here and from my local LC
over the past 4 or so years... so *thanks* to all of you!

Now to make sure we get some pics of DS bf on his second birthday

Amanda

congratulations!

--
elizabeth (in australia)
mum to DS1 "cheese" (4 yrs - just!) & DS2 "chalk" (11 mths today)

"Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children" - Classified Ad

"If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come
down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything." - Gregory Maguire,
"Mirror Mirror"