2 month well visit

Old June 9th 06, 07:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

Default 2 month well visit

Well we had our two month visit. The boys are doing great! Brock is 14lbs
2oz and 24 inches while Ben is 11lbs 9oz and 23.5 inches. They each had
three shots. Brock was ticked off royally about the whole thing. Ben took
it a little better. He was really sleepy so went back to sleep rather
quickly. They slept through my appt. which was immediately after.

Both boys are just a joy. They are really very easy babies. :-)

They still wake 2-3 times a night but are moving towards sleeping longer all
the time. This is actually good to me as my others nursed a lot more
frequently at this age. I had to hear the big sermon about how to get them
to sleep through which aggravated me a little bit since I didn't ask or
express any concern at all.

Both are breastfed and that is going well. They get a bottle 5 times a week
or so in preparation for me to go back to work. I have no freezer stash at
all because finding a good time to pump is hard with two. I usually use
their practice bottles as a time to go to the store or do something with the
big boys if I'm not putting in a couple hours of work.

Oh - have to run. That is my update. I'm happy :-)

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 9th 06, 08:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
[...]

Congrats! They sound fabulous!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old June 9th 06, 10:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

what a difference it weight, they weren't that much different at birth were
they? I presume Ben is the one you were asking about on m.k.b. I suppose
that shows what a difference there can be with a good breastfeeder and a
baby who finds it difficult.

Glad everything is going well

Anne

Old June 9th 06, 10:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
[...]

Wow - I can't believe it's been two months already! I'm so glad both the
babbies are doing well, and that you're all happy and healthy.

Take care

Lucy
Old June 9th 06, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
what a difference it weight, they weren't that much different at birth
were they? I presume Ben is the one you were asking about on m.k.b. I
suppose that shows what a difference there can be with a good breastfeeder
and a baby who finds it difficult.

Glad everything is going well

If you could see the two of them it is clear that Brock is just a bigger
person and meant to be. It isn't just pudge. His wrists and ankles are
thicker and bigger. Their heads are the same size but very differently
shaped. Brock has a broad round head and Ben's head looks tiny but it must
stick out back :-) Ben is a much smaller boned person. Dh is small boned
like that, as is his whole family. I have the bigger bones. Of all four of
my kids Brock is the biggest at 2mos and Ben is the smallest at 2mos. Of
course all that can change. I looked up the other two because dh and I
tried to guess their weights. Dh won :-) Ben is the one I was asking about
but he seems to be nursing just fine now, no problems.

He is having a time with the shots though. He woke up screaming :-(

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 10th 06, 05:15 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
[...]

They sound wonderful. I'm glad you are doing so well. I can't imagine
twins!

Leslie

Old June 10th 06, 05:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"Leslie" wrote in message

They sound wonderful. I'm glad you are doing so well.

Thank you.

I can't imagine twins!

So far so good but of course they can't move yet, lol.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 10th 06, 10:11 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

2 big kids, twins, DH and working - no wonder you don't have time to
pump!!! Excellent that things are going well and you have 2 easy
babies.

Jeni

Old June 11th 06, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nikki" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations! I'm 22 weeks along with twin girls. I b/f my DD for three
years and of course want to b/f the twins. I'm just trying to figure out the
logistics of it all. (I don't know anyone in RL who b/f twins for any length
of time. Neither of my sisters-in-law b/f their twins.) My DD and I co-slept
(making night-time feedings much easier), but I really can't see that as an
option with twins. Also, how do you b/f round-the-clock with two? Do you b/f
both at the same time? My DD was constantly at the breast when she was a
newborn.

Thanks.
Mary

Old June 12th 06, 12:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy

"MareCat" wrote in

Congratulations! I'm 22 weeks along with twin girls.

No Kidding!! I didn't know that. Congratulations :-D. I'm a little
obsessed with all things twin and don't know anyone IRL so if you ever want
to bounce anything around don't hesitate to post, lol.

My DD and I co-slept
(making night-time feedings much easier), but I really can't see that as
an option with twins.

Some people do I think but I have my twins in their cribs. I sometimes
bring them in my bed around 6am and spend a couple hours there but I don't
like it much. I also co-slept with my first two singletons.

Also, how do you b/f round-the-clock with two? Do you b/f
both at the same time? My DD was constantly at the breast when she was a
newborn.

Lucky for me the twins don't seem to do as much marathon nursing as my
others. 3 nights a week is all maybe. I do nurse both together as often as
I can work that out. It is definitely a time saver.

http://www.doubleblessings.com/Searc...tegory=Feeding

That nursing pillow is worth every penny!

Gotta run or I would post more.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Foster Care Month Spotlights Year-Round Needs of 523,000 U. S. Children; Public Urged to Help Change a Lifetime for Children in Foster Care wexwimpy Foster Parents 1 April 27th 05 09:34 PM
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 5 October 2nd 04 09:38 AM
Tax Intercept agrich Child Support 90 December 9th 03 11:43 PM
First midwife/postnatal care nurse visit Elly Pregnancy 4 September 23rd 03 06:06 PM
Child support modification in Texas Leslie Child Support 23 July 18th 03 01:51 AM