Vaccine quote of the week by Bernard Rimland, PhD

Old July 10th 06, 07:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

Default Vaccine quote of the week 2 by David Ayoub, MD

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

Get you one that works...NOT kidsdoc.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Not a matter of what I think. Facts are facts.

That conclusion is made by people who are not practicing science, like
2003 Congressional committee and the idiot "doctor" in Florida.

Jeff

Old July 10th 06, 07:44 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

"HCN" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/BUYfromUS.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Even worse she shilling for a company that sells quack meds to desperate
people!

Liar.

Old July 10th 06, 08:23 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"HCN" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/BUYfromUS.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Even worse she shilling for a company that sells quack meds to desperate
people!

Liar.

What does Dr Haley do for a living, Jan? What is the web site where he
sells what provides that living, Jan?

Oh, that's right, Dr Haley sells testing and treatments, and he does
it through the Altcorp site.

Now, who's doing the lying ... ?

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 10th 06, 08:25 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
link.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

Get you one that works...NOT kidsdoc.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then
click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The
settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can
set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically
discover network connection settings (if your network administrator
has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu
and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength
security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security
settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet
Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check
settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Are you familiar with the expression "Shove it up your arse, Jan"?

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Not a matter of what I think. Facts are facts.

What has the word "facts" go to do with Dr Haley's commercial web
site?
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 10th 06, 09:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
john

Default Vaccine autism quote of the week by Richard C. Deth, PhD

Unequivocally, There is Strong Evidence Linking Thimerosal to Autism
Open Letter to Gov. Linda Lingle
By Richard C. Deth, PhD, 7/3/2006 11:45:51 AM
I am a neuropharmacologist and Full Professor at Northeastern University in
Boston who has been investigating the molecular origins of
neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric disorders. For the past few years
much of my lab's work has focused on autism, including an evaluation of the
possible contribution of thimerosal, the ethylmercury-containing vaccine
preservative. Based upon my expertise in this area I have testified to
Congress on several occasions, appeared on NBC Nightly News and in several
documentaries and presented our findings at numerous scientific conferences.

I understand that you are currently evaluating legislation to removal
thimerosal from vaccines used in Hawaii. Let me state unequivocally that
there is strong scientific evidence linking thimerosal to autism, so taking
steps to remove it from vaccines is a true "no-brainer". Moreover, it is
vital that states indicate their expectation of thimerosal-free vaccines in
order to shift the pharmaceutical industry to this safer form. Public
confidence in the vaccination program will be greatly increased when mercury
is removed, allowing the full public health benefits without the unnecessary
mercury burden.

Our research has shown that very low concentrations of thimerosal, typical
of those found in the blood following vaccination, cause strong inhibition
of metabolic processes that are crucial to neuronal cell well-being and
survival. The most sensitive of these processes involves sulfur metabolism,
including the anti-oxidant defense mechanism that is critical to all cells.
The effect of thimerosal is to significantly lower levels of glutathione,
the primary cellular antioxidant. Studies of autistic children clearly show
that they are suffering from oxidative stress and their glutathione levels
are reduced by 40-50%. Thus the toxic metabolic actions of thimerosal are
paralleled in clinical studies of autistic children.

In further studies we showed that thimerosal inhibits a key cellular process
called "methylation", in which various activities, including gene
expression, are controlled by the transfer of a single carbon atom.
Methylation is closely linked to oxidative stress, and when thimerosal
induces oxidative stress, it also causes impaired methylation. Again, blood
tests in autistic children show that they have impaired methylation.
Furthermore, metabolic therapies that help restore methylation have been
able to improve the clinical symptoms of many autistic children, strongly
indicating that this metabolic dysfunction plays a central role. Genetic
studies have also revealed a higher frequency of risk-inducing polymorphisms
and mutations affecting methylation and sulfur metabolism. Our most recent
research indicates that the brain has a particularly higher vulnerability to
oxidative stress, which helps explain why neurological problems occur with
low doses of thimerosal.

The point of all this scientific background is to reinforce the common sense
logic of reducing mercury exposure by all possible routes, including
vaccine-related. It is illogical to inject mercury into anyone, at any age,
and you will be doing a service to all Hawaiians by helping to restrict
their exposure by signing SB2133 part II.

If I can help provide any further background, please feel to contact me. I
am eager to assist.

Richard C. Deth, PhD is a Professor of Pharmacology for Northeastern
University in Boston, Massachusetts

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....3-8439e50ac607

Old July 10th 06, 11:48 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote:

"HCN" wrote in message
m...

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism
is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/BUYfromUS.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Even worse she shilling for a company that sells quack meds to desperate
people!

Liar.

What does Dr Haley do for a living, Jan? What is the web site where he
sells what provides that living, Jan?

Oh, that's right, Dr Haley sells testing and treatments, and he does
it through the Altcorp site.

Now, who's doing the lying ... ?

There is an old saying; "Never attribute to malice what you can attribute
to stupidity."

I will let the reader determine if it applies here.

Jeff

Old July 10th 06, 11:49 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

Get you one that works...NOT kidsdoc.

My computer works just fine. For some reason, the ISP doesn't connect to the
site. I can't ping the URL, either. I can ping google.com, so it is not a
problem with my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Not a matter of what I think. Facts are facts.

And the fact is that they are not "experts." They/re Idiots or shills.

Jeff

Old July 10th 06, 11:59 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"john" wrote in message
[...]

I read Deth's one paper in the peer -reviwed literature on autism.
Appparently, the comments above came from this research. Unfortunately, the
research he talks about is in a cancer cell line. It is not applicable to
developing human brain cells in humans. It is fatally flawed:
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v9/n7/pdf/4001522a.pdf

Jeff

Old July 10th 06, 03:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

HCN wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.
ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/BUYfromUS.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Even worse she shilling for a company that sells quack meds to desperate
people!

Altcorp is owned by Boyd Haley, and with the recent court decision on
Haley's usefulness as an "expert" witness, I hope that Haley has a day
job somewhere. Both he and Geier were seriously criticized by a very
learned judge.
Old July 10th 06, 03:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

Jeff wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..
"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.
ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm
Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

Get you one that works...NOT kidsdoc.

My computer works just fine. For some reason, the ISP doesn't connect to the
site. I can't ping the URL, either. I can ping google.com, so it is not a
problem with my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Not a matter of what I think. Facts are facts.

And the fact is that they are not "experts." They/re Idiots or shills.

The best choice is "idiots" since this decision by a US District Court
Judge:

http://www.neurodiversity.com/court/rhogam_decision.pdf

Both Haley and Geier were given the old heave ho out of court. I suspect
that their days as "expert" witnesses are numbered.