More U.S. Children Vaccinated Than Ever

Old August 4th 03, 05:07 AM
David Wright

Default More U.S. Children Vaccinated Than Ever

In article ,
Roger Schlafly wrote:
"David Wright" wrote
That's the AMA, JG. I was looking for something coming from, let's
say, Merck.
Yes, David.... What part of "I'll do some checking regarding the
pharmas, but it's undeniable that medial associations are working to see
religious and philosophical exemptions removed" didn't you understand?

I was thinking more in terms of Roger's original accusations.

Are you doubting that Merck lobbies for removing those vaccine
exemptions? Do you think the Merck lobbies for expanding those
exemptions? If you have some contrary info or opinions, go ahead
and post them.

Ah, Roger, I see the long layoff from the newsgroup has not dulled
your well-honed weaselling abilities. But I'm not going to let you
get away with it. It's not up to me to disprove your assertions,
it's up to you to prove them. If you had any actual evidence, you'd
have posted it by now. Instead, I get the usual Schlafly drivel:
"are you doubting blah blah blah". Doesn't matter. You're making
a claim -- either back it up, or be revealed, once again, as the
windbag you are.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old August 4th 03, 06:13 AM
Roger Schlafly

"David Wright" wrote
It's not up to me to disprove your assertions,
it's up to you to prove them.

Sorry, but I am not obligated to prove everything I post. If
Merck put all its lobbying positions on its web site, then I
would just refer you to its web site. It doesn't. If you want
to doubt what I say, go ahead. If you have contrary evidence,
then post it.

Old August 4th 03, 07:55 AM
Roger Schlafly

"Happy Dog" wrote
Sorry, but I am not obligated to prove everything I post.

those who haven't, I present two examples of your BS debating tactics for
the enjoyment of anyone who thinks that you do a great disservice to

mankind

Curious examples. One of them appears to be an example of David
Wright being unable to substantiate a claim that he made.

The other is H.Dog trying to badger me into saying that peds are
evil. Then he accuses me of being evasive when I deny that peds
are evil. I repeat: I do not think that peds are evil!

I have answered many questions from H.Dog, but he never
seems to be able to get to the point.

Old August 4th 03, 09:41 AM
Happy Dog

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
et...
"Happy Dog" wrote
Sorry, but I am not obligated to prove everything I post.

those who haven't, I present two examples of your BS debating tactics

for
the enjoyment of anyone who thinks that you do a great disservice to

mankind

Curious examples. One of them appears to be an example of David
Wright being unable to substantiate a claim that he made.

Only to you.

The other is H.Dog trying to badger me into saying that peds are
evil. Then he accuses me of being evasive when I deny that peds
are evil. I repeat: I do not think that peds are evil!

You're such a loser. Unless you deny saying the following, you have no
case...

"For the most part, those promoting vaccines here are pediatricians and
drug company lobbyists. They are acting in their financial interests."

I have answered many questions from H.Dog, but he never
seems to be able to get to the point.

Godlike.

le moo

Old August 4th 03, 01:57 PM
Jeff Utz

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
et...
"David Wright" wrote
It's not up to me to disprove your assertions,
it's up to you to prove them.

Sorry, but I am not obligated to prove everything I post. If
Merck put all its lobbying positions on its web site, then I
would just refer you to its web site. It doesn't. If you want
to doubt what I say, go ahead. If you have contrary evidence,
then post it.

I interpret the above paragraph as: "I cannot prove or support what I said,
but somehow it is your fault."

Wrong Roger. You said that the drug lobby is doing something. You have
failed to provide evidence that it is.

When you make a claim and others question it, it is up to you to provide
evidence to support your claim. Otherwise, your claim is essentially
disproven.

Jeff

Old August 4th 03, 09:06 PM
Roger Schlafly

"Jeff Utz" wrote
You said that the drug lobby is doing something. You have
failed to provide evidence that it is.

Take a wild guess. Do you think that the drug companies are for or
against the vaccine mandates?

Old August 5th 03, 03:11 AM
Jeff Utz

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
et...
"Jeff Utz" wrote
You said that the drug lobby is doing something. You have
failed to provide evidence that it is.

Take a wild guess. Do you think that the drug companies are for or
against the vaccine mandates?

I don't know. They could be against them, because they fear a backlash or
lawsuits from people and realize that the vast majority of parents
understand that their kids are protected by vaccines and are better off with
them than without them. I am not in the legal, marketing or lobbying
department (or any other department) of any of the vaccine companies.

Anyway, you made a claim, so it is up to you to back up your claim. Your
unsubstantiated guess does not count.

All the best,

Jeff

Old August 5th 03, 03:43 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Roger Schlafly wrote:
"David Wright" wrote
It's not up to me to disprove your assertions,
it's up to you to prove them.

Sorry, but I am not obligated to prove everything I post.

Anyone who has taken even a casual interest in your posting
history is well aware that you are a blowhard who likes to
make sweeping statements that he can't back up. When called
on this behavior, as you invariably are, you invariably attempt
to muddy the waters. This never fools anyone, but you keep
trying anyway.

If Merck put all its lobbying positions on its web site, then I
would just refer you to its web site. It doesn't. If you want
to doubt what I say, go ahead.

Oh, I doubt most everything you say. Your consistent lack of
evidence is one of your defining traits.

If you have contrary evidence, then post it.

The fact that you have no evidence is enough for me. I don't
doubt that Merck would be pleased if there were fewer vaccine
exemptions, but whether its worth their while (on a cost/benefit
basis) to lobby for such changes is an open question. A question
that Roger the Blowhard will do nothing to answer.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old August 6th 03, 04:27 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Tsu Dho Nimh wrote:
(David Wright) wrote:

The fact that you have no evidence is enough for me. I don't
doubt that Merck would be pleased if there were fewer vaccine
exemptions, but whether its worth their while (on a cost/benefit
basis) to lobby for such changes is an open question.

Well, what brings in the most money to the Evil Organized
Medicine Conspiracy: A $20 vaccine given during a $100 office
visit or a kid in intensive care for three weeks with whooping
cough?

And to top it off, the hospitalized individual will be treated with
many medications, made by the same companies that makes vaccines, and
costing a hell of a lot more. The idea that vaccines are better for
the bottom line than no vaccines is merely idiotic.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old August 6th 03, 04:39 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Jeff Utz wrote:

"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
. net...
"Jeff Utz" wrote
You said that the drug lobby is doing something. You have
failed to provide evidence that it is.

Take a wild guess. Do you think that the drug companies are for or
against the vaccine mandates?

I don't know. They could be against them, because they fear a backlash or
lawsuits from people and realize that the vast majority of parents
understand that their kids are protected by vaccines and are better off with
them than without them. I am not in the legal, marketing or lobbying
department (or any other department) of any of the vaccine companies.

If making vaccines was so marvelously profitable, nobody would get out
of the business. And yet we do see various pharmaceutical companies
getting out of the vaccine business, even though vaccine usage is at
an all-time high in the US.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)