Toddler with strange head pain

Old June 8th 04, 10:49 PM
toypup

Default Toddler with strange head pain

"Leigh Menconi" wrote in message
k.net...
My son has gotten "headache viruses" where that's the only symptom. I was
worried about it being more than that until I caught one from him and the
only symptom I had was an excruciating headache for 3 days (which felt
different from a migraine or sinus infection because I've had both

before).
They seem to run their course in about 3 days. Hope she's feeling better
soon.

LOL. I often try to catch my children's illnesses so that I can understand
what they are feeling. If I know what they are going through, I can better
treat their symptoms.

Old June 9th 04, 12:34 AM
Kia

Has your daughter had her hearing tested or had any head trauma? My
son had some head trauma and his doctor said he may experience some
lingering headaches from the event. Are you able to check the symptom
ringing in the ears on the medical database, I have not used it yet?
I agree to be persistent with your child's pediatrician if this
persists and your daughter is in constant pain. Sometimes, children
get so many common illnesses that usually go away with little
discomfort and sometimes before you know it you are in the ER. Oddly
enough, a coworker of mine has two sons that were diagnosed with
scarlet fever. Hope your daughter gets well.

Kia

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message ...
"Olaf" wrote in message
. ..
I have never posted here before but I was looking around on the web for

some
information about my daughters' symptoms and thought I might throw this

out
to a few groups to see if anyone has any ideas.

Basically Sunday morning our 2 year old daughter woke up in pain, swatting
at her head/ears and screaming inconsolably. We got her calmed down, gave
her some tylenol and thought she must be getting an ear infection.

On top of what other posters have already recommended, if she doesn't stop
acting like her head is in pain soon, you could try having her vision
examined. I had no idea my daughter needed glasses until she complained of
headaches constantly. She was also nonverbal, so complaining was grabbing
her ears eyes and neck.

Denise

Old June 9th 04, 04:11 AM
Tai

"Olaf" wrote in message
Thanks for all of the responses! I feel better after having read
them.

She does seem to be improving, we havent had to give her tylenol
except once today. And even when she is clutching her head, she is
generally in good sorts. Smiles, laughs, eating normally, etc.

That's terrific, I'm glad she's feeling better. It's horrible when they are
in pain and you feel helpless to ease their suffering, isn't it? One thing
I've noticed with little children is that though they often seem to have
more severe symptoms they also seem to throw off infections faster than
adults.

Tai

Old June 9th 04, 04:12 AM
Tai

"toypup" wrote in message
newsvqxc.5426$0y.216@attbi_s03
"Leigh Menconi" wrote in message
k.net...
My son has gotten "headache viruses" where that's the only symptom.
I was worried about it being more than that until I caught one from
him and the only symptom I had was an excruciating headache for 3
days (which felt different from a migraine or sinus infection
because I've had both before). They seem to run their course in
about 3 days. Hope she's feeling better soon.

LOL. I often try to catch my children's illnesses so that I can
understand what they are feeling. If I know what they are going
through, I can better treat their symptoms.

That is so funny!

Tai

Old June 10th 04, 02:19 AM
Advocate147

This is going to be a strange one, but maybe everyone should read it, problems
with undefined diagnosis could fall into this category. It is a problem for so
many people it needs telling.
This is my solution for crohns illness, which usually has digestive symptoms,
but also has very peculiar symptoms not easy to relate to.
Crohns is a manmade illness in my opinion caused by stimulants. Could anyone
around the child, caretaker or anyone close to the child in the radius of
thought be on a stimulant. i.e. anti-depressant being the most common.
The stimulant one person takes can unknowingly cause a second person to develop
crohns and the symptoms persist no matter the distance, in the same room or
miles apart.
The layman's theory is on website
http://ascc.healingwell.com/info/gailfaq.htm
It is a very unusual and almost unbelievable theory, but years of experience
and observation have shown me it is true. The illogic of it should not deter
one from considering it. The crohns illness is a weird one at that.
Ceasing the stimulant will make one well if it falls into that illness.
Also, natural herbs with natural stimulants will cause crohns, as can Xanax,
Buspar, Depakote, Flexeril, kava kava, st johns wort, etc. etc.
Time for the doctors to take note of this, as too many people are suffering
from the magnitude of anti-depressant use.
I do hope you will consider this strange cause, and if it is not applicable
after all searches, that you do find the proper diagnosis. But this is more
common than one can imagine.

Sincerely
Gail Michael
Old June 10th 04, 02:22 AM
Advocate147

Tried posting to newsgroup, did not go through. Do not know why.
Old June 10th 04, 02:41 AM
Advocate147

Well, this may be a long shot, but it is worth telling, as it affects many
people in strange ways that are hard to diagnose. Specifically, I speak of
crohns illness, but crohns can cause any multitude of symptoms not recognized
as being those of crohns.
The cause of crohns, in my opinion and observation of many years is that it is
a manmade illness, caused by the use of stimulants by a person close to the
person affected, by a mind connection. And distance plays no part in the
illness. the stimulant user can be in the same room or miles away from the
sick person.
The full description of my layman's theory on the cause is on website
http://ascc.healingwell.com/info/gailfaq.htm
It is a strange and almost unbelievable theory, but if a person can relate to
it, it will help immeasureably and a child can be made well. Could the mother
be on an anti-depressant. or any friend or relative that focuses on the
child.
Please don't let the illogic of the theory deter you, the illness itself is
weird.
and it happens more often than anyone can imagine. Doctors don't believe it,
however, they are subject to the same phenomenom.
Please do try to trace friends, family, acquaintances that know the child. No
one knows this is happening.
Also, natural herbs that have natural stimulants in some cause crohns, as does
Xanax, Buspar, Depakote, Flexeril, kava kava, st johns wort, etc. etc.
The use of stimulants is so excessive that anyone is subject to this strange
way of becoming ill. AND THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW IT.
It is pathetic to see the suffering of so many of a mysterious cause.
It this does not fall into the why of your child being ill, I do hope you get
the proper diagnosis or cause. Please write back soon how your child is.
I wish her well.

Sincerely
Gail Michael

Old June 12th 04, 10:54 PM
Olaf

"Kia" wrote in message
om...
Has your daughter had her hearing tested or had any head trauma? My
son had some head trauma and his doctor said he may experience some
lingering headaches from the event. Are you able to check the symptom
ringing in the ears on the medical database, I have not used it yet?
I agree to be persistent with your child's pediatrician if this
persists and your daughter is in constant pain. Sometimes, children
get so many common illnesses that usually go away with little
discomfort and sometimes before you know it you are in the ER. Oddly
enough, a coworker of mine has two sons that were diagnosed with
scarlet fever. Hope your daughter gets well.

She has had her hearing tested, as part of the process of trying to diagnose
her lack of speech, and it was normal. She hasnt had any head trauma.

She is doing better now, although she will still occasionally place her hand
over her ear, or tilt her head and shoulder together if her hands are full.

olaf