ADHD and Diet

Old March 26th 07, 04:00 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Default ADHD and Diet

Display name: wrote:
John Palmer wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:43:52 GMT, "Display name:"
wrote:

John Palmer wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:26:48 GMT, "Display name:"
wrote:

You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce
psychosis. Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.
So people should stop drinking coffee and tea?
Yes, 'cos we all know coffee and tea are prescription-only, Class A
drugs. Jesus, where do they get these people ?

The people who equate two stimulants just because they're both
stimulants? Well, the Mommy Display Name and the Daddy Display Name
were *very much* in love and...

The people who point out the fallacy of equating two drugs because
they're both stimulants, they come a bit more dearly because they have
to learn to think critically.

Check them out - they're stimulants in the same (psychosis-inducing) class.

MPH is a *Schedule II* medication. What schedule is cocaine?
methamphetamine?

Caffeine, like crystal meth, is a stimulant.

John Palmer

John Palmer

Old March 26th 07, 06:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
jandew6

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Display name: wrote:
You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce psychosis.

Sure.

Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.

So is caffeine.

The subject is not cafferine.

Diversions are the norn for you while acussing other's of same.

Old March 26th 07, 08:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Display name:

Mark Probert wrote:

wrote:

You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce
psychosis. Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.
So people should stop drinking coffee and tea?
Yes, 'cos we all know coffee and tea are prescription-only, Class A
drugs. Jesus, where do they get these people ?
The people who equate two stimulants just because they're both
stimulants? Well, the Mommy Display Name and the Daddy Display Name
were *very much* in love and...

The people who point out the fallacy of equating two drugs because
they're both stimulants, they come a bit more dearly because they
have to learn to think critically.

Check them out - they're stimulants in the same (psychosis-inducing)
class.

MPH is a *Schedule II* medication. What schedule is cocaine?
methamphetamine?

Are you autistic or just Aspergoid ?

Old March 26th 07, 09:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Display name: wrote:
You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce psychosis.

Sure.

Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.

So is caffeine.

The subject is not cafferine.

Diversions are the norn for you while acussing other's of same.

If someone is talking about Ritalin and they feel the need to attack
it by saying it is a stimulant like cocaine, then it is perfectly
appropriate to point out that just because something is a stimulant it
is not necessarily like cocaine.

It is not a diversion to point out the logical fallacy.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 26th 07, 10:25 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Display name: wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What part of the questions did you not understand?

BTW, allow me to suggest you change your screen name to "Display
Stupidity". Far more accurate.
Old March 26th 07, 06:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
SumBuny

"Display name:" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Do you realize that asperger's syndrome falls under the autistic spectrum?
Or are you being intentionally insulting?

There are some of us that are dealing with family members that have
asperger's syndrome and actually are educated on that subject...as well as
on the subject of ADHD....and on successful methods of treatments and
education...

--
Buny
--Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be

Old March 26th 07, 06:41 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
SumBuny

wrote:

You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce
psychosis. Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.
So people should stop drinking coffee and tea?

Yes, 'cos we all know coffee and tea are prescription-only, Class A
drugs.

There is no such thing as the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and Class A drugs.

Jesus, where do they get these people ?

After reading your post, I asked myself the same thing, without invoking
Rabbi Jesus.

My guess is that he was not invoking the Good Teacher, but someone living
now, with a more Latino name...(think about "reading it with an accent")

Old March 26th 07, 06:43 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
SumBuny

Display name: wrote:
You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce psychosis.

Sure.

Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.

So is caffeine.

....also, tobacco....IIRC, that one is rather addictive, ain't it?

Old March 27th 07, 05:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Sammybaby

wrote:
You sound surprised.
It's a known fact that long-term stimulant usage can induce psychosis.
Ritalin like cocaine, is a stimulant.

So people should stop drinking coffee and tea?

Caffeine, like crystal meth, is a stimulant.

John Palmer
--
Everything I needed to know in life I learned in Kindergarten. Like:
Beauty has a beginning, and an ending, but always lives beyond its span,

It would be a bad idea to make children, say 10% of them start
drinking coffee from an early age. I would put Ritalin higher than
coffee and lower than crystal meth on a graph of stimulation and a
graph of danger to health for children. Of course that's going by a
fairly intuitive stab at normal doses of each.

Old March 27th 07, 05:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Sammybaby

On 25 Mar, 06:23, "Jan Drew" wrote:
http://www.azcentral.com/blogs/index...=adhd_scout_ne....

Montessori educator, neuro-nutritionist and author Jan Katzen-Luchenta
serves up vital information about your child's nutrition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Classroom meets laboratory meets the latest news. Scientific evidence,
uncensored musings, and recipes for feeding the hungry brain. (Amping up
your families NQ (nutrient quotient) lowers the risk of learning disorders,
mental ill-health, obesity and associated health risks.) For more
information on Jan, check out her Web site at nutritionforlearning.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

Rescuers found Michael Auberry, a twelve-year-old Boy Scout sauntering in
the woods, a bit hazy, and five days without hisADHDmedication. The
searchers helped Michael out of the woods and gave him granola bars,
crackers and water. Later, at a hospital with his parents, Michael ate
chicken fingers and asked for cookies.

The makers ofADHDdrugs are now required to put risk warning labels on
their medication designed to help children and adults with focusing
problems. The associated risks include:

increased blood pressure, psychiatric problems, manic behavior, and hearing
voices.

Look what's inADHDmedication:

Inactive Ingredients. Ritalin tablets: D&C Yellow No. 10 (5-mg and 20-mg
tablets), FD&C Green No. 3 (10-mg tablets), lactose, magnesium stearate,
polyethylene glycol, starch (5-mg and 10-mg tablets), sucrose, talc, and
tragacanth (20-mg tablets)

Food dye! Dr. Feingold, we need you now more than ever! Dr. Feingold is the
allergist from the 60's who discovered that removing food additives from
children's diets not only improved their skin conditions - they did better
in school Their focus and behavior improved dramatically.

What about a warning label onADHDmedicine like the following?!

Warning: High glucose diets (crackers, cookies, bars) and chemically-
processed salty diets (chicken fingers) can create increased blood pressure
and hyperactivity. Eating a variety of low glycemic foods and feeding the
hungry brain eliminates the need for this risky medication. Jump in your car
and go to Whole Foods! Load up on unprocessed foods born of the earth; free
range meat, wild fish, beans, colorful fruit and vegetables, leafy greens,
nuts, seeds, and whole grains (germ and bran in tact).

You'll be hearing voices shouting, "Thank-you!"

Michael, I'm so glad you're alright.

2 comments . Permalink

Comments:
Comment from: Karen6899
03/22/07 @ 14:10
I agree that it's always best to try a nutritional approach for treatingADHDbefore using medication. When my daughter was 6, we were able to
control herADHDby taking all artificial ingredients out of her diet.
However, it seems very inappropriate to bring Michael Auberry into this the
way you did. I'm sure the reference to Michael was a lame attempt at being
humorous, but in my opinion, it's just wrong after the ordeal this boy went
through and I doubt that he went into the woods because he was hearing
Ritalin-induced voices. Yes, he suffers fromADHDand takes Ritalin but
suggesting that he wondered off because of that when there is no evidence to
support the theory is ridiculous. I would have enjoyed your article and
agreed with it 100% had you left him out of it.
Comment from: jan4843
03/22/07 @ 19:52
Karen, Thanks for your response. I particularly appreciate your feedback.
I know I can go overboard at times (I watch too much Bill Maher). I truly am
thankful that Michael came out of this okay. I applaude you for taking the
necessary time and steps to implement a dietary plan that was successful
with your daughter'sADHD. How did you manage to take the artificial
ingredients out of her diet?

Jan K-L

ADHDScout asks for cookies

In England in 2004 they did a double blind test with children. One
group got a normal juice drink without additives and artificial
flavorings etc. The other group got a drink that had, at normal
doses, a drink with many of the additives and artificial flavorings
out there. The second group was not receiving amounts out of the
normal range for children whose parents let them have foods and
beverages with these chemicals.

Many of these children became hyperactive (amongst other symtoms).

Least invasive interventions first.
Interventions with many side effects, interventions that can be
addictive or personality altering in ways that are perceived by those
on the receiving end as negative, etc.
should be tried last.

Medsafe warns of ADHD drug's side effects --ADHD Jan Drew Kids Health 0 December 11th 06 09:40 AM
NIH Supports Research On ADHD - Alcohol Abuse Connection, Could Lead To New Treatments For Adult ADHD Jan Drew Kids Health 0 November 8th 06 01:14 AM
Study Suggests Strattera(R) was Effective in Treating ADHD in Children and Adolescents with ADHD and Reading Disorders Jan Drew Kids Health 0 October 30th 06 03:04 AM
no diet Jamie Clark Pregnancy 2 November 11th 04 06:40 AM
::: [Big News] Diet Handbag & Diet Bag ::: Diet Hangbag Kids Health 0 November 28th 03 05:40 AM