how quickly

Old August 13th 07, 06:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Default how quickly

Hi

How quick did you mums know you were pregnant? For the past 2 days I've been
weeing more and have had those crampy feelings and dizzy spells but thought
nothing of it really until today. I still have the feelings but have
actually been sick today and have gone right off food and the thought of it
turns my insides. After throwing up I searched google for how quick before
pregnancy do you have symptoms and came across a page that said 4 days after
conception is quite possible. I also spoke to a friend who said it was
possibly, i told her i'd done a pregnancy test which was negative and she
said that was normal as you won't show that quickly on a test. Other than
these symptoms i'm feeling fine so is it possible to have these symptoms so
early on?

april

--
www.freewebs.com/lastchancerabbitrescue

Old August 14th 07, 01:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

April,
Exactly when you do you think you ovulated, and did you have sex at the
right time? If so, then you need to wait about 12--14 days to test for it
to be likely to pick it up. Tests are more sensitive than they used to be,
but you still need to wait at least 10 days, even with the most sensitive
tests.

Some people say that they know before tests pick it up, although I've never
been sure if I believe them -- are they really feeling symptoms, and are
they pregnancy symptoms or standard premenstrual symptoms...or just wishful
thinking...but, I have a friend who says that she can feel her self pop an
egg every month, and claims that she has, without a doubt, felt every single
conception the moment it happened. How this may be possible, I have no
idea. But, she has 3 kids, and every single time she and her husband were
trying, and had sex, she told him that they had just conceived, and she was
right. He has never contradicted her when she tells that story and said,
"Yes honey, but you said that 8 other times and we weren't pregnant."
Also, for her third child, they had been talking about having another, but
hadn't really agreed to start ttc. One night they were fooling around and
had sex, and she woke up at 2am and woke up her husband and said, "Oh ****,
I just ovulated!" It was a weekend, so she went that Monday to her doctor
and asked for the morning after pill. He told her that it might already be
too late, and if so, it wouldn't hurt the baby, but if she hadn't ovulated
quite when she thought, then it could still work. 9 months later, her
daughter was born. And they are thrilled.

So I don't know. I don't normally believe people who tell stories like
that, but it sure sounds to me like she knows when she conceives.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Old August 14th 07, 02:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

Jamie Clark wrote:
So I don't know. I don't normally believe people who tell stories
like that, but it sure sounds to me like she knows when she conceives.

I don't know about knowing the moment of conception but I can tell you that
I know exactly when I ovulate. It's usually about 2 weeks after the start of
my last period and I get this sharp pain in one or the other side, then two
weeks later - bingo! The next period comes. So it's quite possible to know
when you ovulate. I also know exactly when my period is going to come. I get
some "intestinal" symptoms such as a mild "crawling" feeling in the abdomen
and I can actually feel that my... ummmm... vaginal discharge is slightly
different than normal. So I put on a sanitary pad and lo and behold later in
the day, usually after the most intense period of the weird "crawling"
feeling in the abdomen (kind of similar to the "butterflies" you get when
you first feel a baby moving but a bit different if you know what I mean) I
get bleeding. But I can't say that I knew exactly when I had conceived with
either of my two kids.

Engram

Old August 14th 07, 02:54 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Engram" wrote in message
u...
Jamie Clark wrote:
[...]

I don't feel ovulation, although normally know when my period is about to
start by a few telltale signs...crying for no reason, extreme horniness, and
crampy/twingy feelings. Not painfulful cramps, but as you say, more
crawling like. Now how I can be both horny and crying for no reason, I
don't know, although they don't usually happen at the exact same time, nor
together every month...

As for my friend, I have no idea how she could feel conception, since it
isn't technically happening to her, it's happening to an egg, but as I said,
she seems to know every time. Coincidence, luck? Who knows...
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Old August 14th 07, 12:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Hi everybody

thanks for your replies, i'm not so convinced I am pregnant now after last
night as I wasnt at all well, I was soooooo cold and every time I stood up I
felt like I was going to pass out and I vomited once. I've woken up to
shortness of breathing and chest pains, phoned NHS DIRECT up and they want
me to go to hospital to be checked out. I'm thinking i've got some kind of
nasty virus thats obviously landed on my chest.

will update soon as i can

april
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
news
"Engram" wrote in message
u...

Old August 14th 07, 01:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
V.[_2_]

It's my first pregnancy, and we were looking for it for 2 or 3 months, so it
wasn't much of a surprise when the period didn't start on time...
That said, I first kind of knew I was pregnant when the supposed
"premenstrual" symptoms were slightly different than the usual.
My boobs were swollen and a bit sore, and I was peeing already more than
normal. I didn't have the usual cramps. So I guess I really knew it when I
was about 2 weeks pregnant.
I waited 1 more week to take the test, though, because I didn't want to rush
into finding out and risk getting disappointed if I wasn't (I'm 34 and I
know my fertility is not at its peak! I feel extremely lucky to have
conceived so fast.)

I was using the "basal temperature" method to keep track of my ovulation,
and the first month the temperature raise wasn't that much, I wasn't even
sure I was doing it right. To be honest, the first month we tried, I *was*
wondering if my premenstrual symptoms were pregnancy or not. I think I was a
bit anxious. But the next time it was definitely different, and I'm not just
saying it.

Medically, the earliest pregnancy symptoms can appear before the missing
period, in the first 2 weeks, and are due to the hormonal changes.
It's so different from one person to another... some people have a very good
awareness of their bodies and they can tell exactly when something is
different. Others are just not so good observers, and only find out after
several weeks, only because the missing period.

Regarding people who claim they can "feel" the ovulation, etc. I try not to
go mystic about it, I'm a pediatrician and I don't quite believe in ol'
wives tales, BUT... unexplainably, I *knew* it was a boy way before the
ultrasound could tell.
I said it out loud to some people, just to set a precedent so they won't
think "yeah, right!!" when I said I knew it!

So, there might not be a scientific explanation for everything -yet-, but I
take it seriously when people say they have a hunch regarding health issues.
It usually deserves further look.

Old August 14th 07, 02:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Some people say that they know before tests pick it up, although I've
never been sure if I believe them

I happen to be one of those women. I know when I ovulate because of the
pain. I can tell which side it is each month. I know when I conceived and I
was right all three times. Some women just know and/or really in tune with
their bodies.
--
Sue

Old August 14th 07, 03:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

Jamie Clark wrote:

I have a friend who says that she can feel her self pop an
egg every month, and claims that she has, without a doubt, felt every single
conception the moment it happened.

I can feel the egg pop. With the second kid, I
felt it pop, called DH, and nine months later,
there was Rocky.

-- Anita --
Old August 14th 07, 06:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Regarding people who claim they can "feel" the ovulation, etc. I try not to
go mystic about it, I'm a pediatrician and I don't quite believe in ol'
wives tales, BUT... unexplainably, I *knew* it was a boy way before the
ultrasound could tell.

There is always the argument of coincidence, with sex, you'll get it
right 50% of the time after all! However, I announced several weeks
before my DS was born that I was having a 5lb 11oz baby boy on 28th May,
everyone laughed at me, even at 10pm on 28th May, it looked like it
would be 29th, as I was barely in active labour, but at 10.16pm he was
born, he weighed 5lb13oz, so I wasn't quite right there!

Anne