Easy handling stroller

Old March 23rd 04, 05:52 PM
mypet

Default Easy handling stroller

I have been doing research on baby slings and now I'm onto strollers!
I have neck and shoulder problems so I would love to have
recommendations on some easy handling strollers. I'm 5'7" and with my
first grandchild the stroller was not easy to turn, I had to take
rather short steps to keep from stepping on the stroller and had to
hunch over to keep hold of the handles. I think the stroller was an
evenflo and had 4 double wheels. I wish I could remember the model so
I could give a negative review.

I thought the jogging type strollers would be good to use, but after
reading the reviews on strollers on epinions I see that several of the
jogging type strollers were said to be wonderful on the straight path,
but difficult to turn. This would not be a good situation for me at
all. It would be painful for me to have to constantly be tense while
strolling. Also, will jogging strollers accommodate an infant or are
they only for children able to sit up?

Has anyone come across a stroller:

with handles that allow a longer stride and that you can grip at a
comfortable height?

that rolls, turns and handles with ease?

that accommodates a sleeping infant to a sitting up toddler?

that has a really good sun canopy?

Thanks for all help!
Old March 23rd 04, 09:14 PM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

well I have a baby trend santa fe and I'm 5'9 and it only has double wheels
in the front. It comes in a combo so it includes the infant seat along with
a base for the car. I love it. You can go to either babies R us or Toy's R
us to see what it is like.

Jennifer
Mommy of 1
Ariana 8/17/03
om...

Old March 24th 04, 12:08 AM
Nancy

We have a Peg Perego Venezia stroller that we used with our first and
now our second. It meets all your criteria, except for the "really
good" sun canopy. BUT, it's a 2000 model; my sister-in-law has the
2003 model, and I think the canopy was improved upon. That would make
it just about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Nancy
p.s. Pegs are expensive, but we don't regret the cost. Having said
that, we did pay perhaps $50 (CDN) less for our new stroller by buying
near the end of the model year. That worked out for us as our first
baby was born in February...don't know if that will work for you.

Old March 24th 04, 01:48 AM
Leanne

I thought the jogging type strollers would be good to use, but after
reading the reviews on strollers on epinions I see that several of the
jogging type strollers were said to be wonderful on the straight path,
but difficult to turn. This would not be a good situation for me at
all. It would be painful for me to have to constantly be tense while
strolling. Also, will jogging strollers accommodate an infant or are
they only for children able to sit up?

This is the one we have... we road tested it with a friends child (as mine
isnt here yet ... easy to turn... also if you are jogging or walking in a
straight line for a long time you can lock the front wheel so it stays
straight. It has everything... the basket underneath is covered all around
so you dont have to take a nappy bag with you if you do want, you can also
access the basket from all sides not just the back... it also has pockets
for your purse, phone etc at the back of the hood... feels great to push
around and looks nice too... its also quite a high jogger so you wouldnt
need to be over the handle.

http://www.britax.com.au/scProductDe...roductId=40267

HTH
Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 (30 days!)

Old March 24th 04, 02:28 AM
S Jordan

"mypet" wrote in
(snipped)

Has anyone come across a stroller:

with handles that allow a longer stride and that you can grip at a
comfortable height?

that rolls, turns and handles with ease?

that accommodates a sleeping infant to a sitting up toddler?

that has a really good sun canopy?

Thanks for all help!

www.zooper.com I like the WalkAir personally but they also have 3 and 4
wheel joggers that look pretty nice! They have strollers that will do all
you say you need. Adjustable handles, reversible seats, some will hold an
infant carseat. They also come with a boot. This years' models have some
extra suspension too. Mine is 3 years old and looks almost brand new - no
bending of the frame, only had to add air to the tires twice so far... and
we don't have sidewalks here, all road surface or gravel/sagebrush/cactus..

They are spendy, I waited for a clearance sale for mine, but I would
consider them worth the $ to buy new.

Stephanie
mom to 7
17, 15, 12, 8, 6, 3 and 10 months

Old March 24th 04, 06:02 AM
laurie

From: (mypet)
Date: 3/23/2004 12:52 PM Eas

I thought the jogging type strollers would be good to use, but after
reading the reviews on strollers on epinions I see that several of the
jogging type strollers were said to be wonderful on the straight path,
but difficult to turn. This would not be a good situation for me at
all. It would be painful for me to have to constantly be tense while

trolling. Also, will jogging strollers accommodate an infant or are
they only for children able to sit up?

The secret to jogging strollers and turning is that you have to push down on
the handlebar to turn it; push down and swivel it. It sounds like a pain, but
you get used to it really quick, and they turn on a dime. I find that my
jogging stroller is not so good in a mall or a store, but if I do use it there,
I basically keep it pushed down the whole time; like the kids are getting a
pop-a-wheelie.

Has anyone come across a stroller:

with handles that allow a longer stride and that you can grip at a
comfortable height?

that rolls, turns and handles with ease?

that accommodates a sleeping infant to a sitting up toddler?

that has a really good sun canopy?

Thanks for all help!

My jogging stroller has all of these things, so I'll put in a plug for it. I
have the InStep 10K Marathon stroller. Also, they have a jogging stroller
called The Safari, if I remember correctly, that is designed like a jogger but
has a swivel front wheel so that you can turn it without pushing down. Also,
it collapses with one hand, which most joggers don't. That is the one feature I
miss with my jogger that I have with my regular stroller.

I live on a dirt mountain road, and the jogging stroller is AWESOME.

Good luck!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 10 months
Old March 24th 04, 07:05 AM
Kereru

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
[...]

We have always had a jogging stroller. My husband is 6' 3" and has no
problem with them. Most of them these days come with a swivel front wheel
which makes them a breeze to manouver. Steer clear of fixed front wheel they
are hard to turn. They can usually recline for a newborn and sit up for a
toddler.

The Mountain Buggy is great it has all of the things you list and it is
really robust.

www.mountainbuggy.com

Judy

Old March 24th 04, 03:05 PM
M Wayne

I don't know much about jogging strollers, but I do have a friend with a
Mountain Buggy stroller and it is fantastic. It handles incredibly easily. I
think she's been using it since her child was newborn, it reclines fully.
I'm planning on getting one when my baby is born this summer.

"Kereru" wrote in message

om...

Old March 24th 04, 03:31 PM
Kari

I thought the jogging type strollers would be good to use, but after
reading the reviews on strollers on epinions I see that several of the
jogging type strollers were said to be wonderful on the straight path,
but difficult to turn. This would not be a good situation for me at
all. It would be painful for me to have to constantly be tense while
strolling. Also, will jogging strollers accommodate an infant or are
they only for children able to sit up?

I have the Schwinn sc200 double jogging stroller and it's a BREEZE to push
and use. And I put my 5 month old in it no problem (as well as my almost 5
yr old) I did a ton of research on the different joggers and this one was by
far the best value for what you get (in my opinion) I've been totally happy
with it from day 1.

Kari

Old May 10th 04, 06:13 PM
Elly

"mypet" ha scritto nel messaggio
om...
that rolls, turns and handles with ease?

that accommodates a sleeping infant to a sitting up toddler?

that has a really good sun canopy?

I'm really late in replying, but just wanted to share that Inglesina Zippy
stroller accomodates the demands you listed above.

Elly
DD Erin - Oct 12th 2003