is this it??

Old May 1st 04, 04:35 AM
Nikki

Default is this it??

melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just felt
totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to expect.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 1st 04, 05:47 AM
melbgal1

Nikki says...
melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just felt
totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to expect.

It will take me a while to forget the terror of birth, although I would
like a sibling for my son

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 1st 04, 02:45 PM
Welches

Nikki wrote in message
melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just felt
totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to expect.

Ditto. #2 was much easier.
Debbie

Old May 4th 04, 12:37 AM
melbgal1

Welches says...
Nikki wrote ...
melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just felt
totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to expect.

Ditto. #2 was much easier.

thanks girls.
I really do want another further down the track, but I must admit,
labour was a lot harder than I imagined it would be

A couple of weeks on though, and i'm already forgetting/ becoming a bit
blasé ... and I did so love being pregnant )

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 4th 04, 04:27 AM
Nikki

melbgal1 wrote:
Nikki says...
melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just
felt totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to
expect.

It will take me a while to forget the terror of birth, although I
would like a sibling for my son

Yes :-0 The nurse at the hospital told me it was easier with #2. All I
could do was shoot her a look and said there was never going to *be* a
number two after this.

I'm sorry it was so rough. I went through a period of time where I
regretted not getting the epidural. Not really really because I'd have
probably never pushed him out if I'd have had one. I just felt like I
almost *missed* his birth if that makes sense. I was tired and overwhelmed
and scared. I don't even remember the good and amazing bits, they were all
swallowed up. I'm glad #2 was different because it was the empowering event
I had heard about :-)

I wasn't really worried about labor and delivery in my first pregnancy, then
I spent the whole second pregnancy worried about it and shouldn't have. I
hope I get a #3 :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 5th 04, 03:15 AM
melbgal1

Nikki says...
melbgal1 wrote:
Nikki says...
melbgal1 wrote:

Those women got my hopes up !
Ditto the women that say they felt "empowered" at birth. I just
felt totally out-of-control and helpless !!

You just need one more :-) I felt like you with #1 but #2 was much
different. The labor was quite similar too, I just knew what to
expect.

It will take me a while to forget the terror of birth, although I
would like a sibling for my son

Yes :-0 The nurse at the hospital told me it was easier with #2. All I
could do was shoot her a look and said there was never going to *be* a
number two after this.

I'm sorry it was so rough. I went through a period of time where I
regretted not getting the epidural.

My epi ( administered after 24hrs, and at full dilation ), was my
lifesaver.

Not really really because I'd have
probably never pushed him out if I'd have had one.

I'm the opposite. I'd started to go into shock, and once the epi was
in, I just felt so relieved and got a 2nd wind. The nurse would put her
hand on my tummy, and when she felt a contrax, she would say "PUSH
NOW!" and I pushed for all I was worth. All I could think was "thank
God I can't feel that contrax anymore". When I found I tore from point
A to point B, I also thought "I am glad I did not get to feel that extra
pain on top of everything else". I said to my husband that without the
epi, I would not have had the energy for the last bit. My body just
wanted to sleep.

I just felt like I
almost *missed* his birth if that makes sense. I was tired and overwhelmed
and scared. I don't even remember the good and amazing bits, they were all
swallowed up. I'm glad #2 was different because it was the empowering event
I had heard about :-)

that's nice
I am glad I know labour - I think I would have been depressed if i'd had
to have had a c-section, but the epi is my friend

I wasn't really worried about labor and delivery in my first pregnancy, then
I spent the whole second pregnancy worried about it and shouldn't have.

Yes, I am sure that's how it will be for me too. I had a happy,
oblivious pregnancy, with no fear. The 2nd time around, I know I will
be dreading the last bit !!

I hope I get a #3 :-)

Good luck to you then !

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 5th 04, 05:12 AM
Nikki

melbgal1 wrote:

My epi ( administered after 24hrs, and at full dilation ), was my
lifesaver.

Ugh! I didn't have to deal with that long a labor!

When I found I tore from
point A to point B, I also thought "I am glad I did not get to feel
that extra pain on top of everything else".

I had an episiotomy so I think they numbed me first. I didn't feel it at
any rate. I had a tear along the old scar line with #2 and I didn't feel
that either. I don't really know how large that tear was. I think just
medium. I think I was to dumbfounded that it happened so quickly to
register any sort of pain, lol. I was numbed before the stitches.

I said to my husband
that without the epi, I would not have had the energy for the last
bit. My body just wanted to sleep.

Oh goodness. I can believe it! That is a long time to labor. I was on the
verge of needing a vacuum extraction and they did the episiotomy in
preparation for that. After the cut I delivered him without needing the
vacuum. I have no idea if that was coincidence or not. The cut probably
helped but I know I was very scared of the vacuum so maybe redoubled my
efforts for that last push :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 10th 04, 04:46 AM
melbgal1

Nikki says...
melbgal1 wrote:

My epi ( administered after 24hrs, and at full dilation ), was my
lifesaver.

Ugh! I didn't have to deal with that long a labor!

I wish I could say the same wry smile

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004