upset at nanny -- vent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 04, 04:27 PM
Sue

Default upset at nanny -- vent

Thank you Beth. I make it a practice not to feed anything to babies in my
care, that isn't sent by mom (I don't babysit too much though) because it
does seem there is more information today about excluding things from babies
diet to prevent allergies. I certainly didn't have this kind of information
when my kids were babies. I guess I lucked out in that none of my children
have seemed to inherit my allergies.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Beth Kevles wrote in message

Disclaimer: The following applies to the statistical baby. Results
with individual, actual children will vary.

Wheat is best delayed until about 10 months of age. Introducing it
earlier correlates (statistically) with an increased incidence of
rhinitis (runny nose) in the long term. In babies with a family history
of allergy, wheat may be delayed even longer. In babies with a family
history of gluten intolerance (celiac disease) , wheat should be
introduced at least three months BEFORE the cessation of breastfeeding.

The preceding recommendations are based on the results of various
searches through Medline abstracts and celiac websites.

Of course, delaying the introduction of wheat may or may not have any
noticable effect, either positive or negative, on YOUR baby. It's all
statistical ...

--Beth Kevles

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html -- a page for the

milk-allergic

like me to reply.

nanny question Stephanie Stowe General 2 June 6th 04 07:49 AM
"How to find a nanny" Mike General 0 May 4th 04 03:36 PM
Toddler's way of telling us they are upset - what does your kid do? Cathy Weeks General 12 October 17th 03 03:33 PM
sad about nanny Andrea Breastfeeding 13 August 30th 03 06:03 PM
Nanny needs a wonderful family in MA. It's always something General 0 July 9th 03 03:58 PM