Thank you for those people who supported my statements

Old June 30th 03, 12:47 AM
ŠkatŠ

Default Thank you for those people who supported my statements

I know. But right now, I cannot afford therapy or constant doctor's visits.
Yes, doctors are free here, and I know I have this kind of coverage and the
other insurance company has already informed me in the past that they will
pay for any and all therapy, but they are very hesitant to get back to me
and let me know if they will cover for the child care required for therapy.
I cannot afford to just pay a babysitter once a week, or whatever it may be,
nor can I afford to pay for daycare when I'm not working or in school.
Daycare subsidy hasn't been very helpful. They've already told me that they
will not give me subsidized child care until I work or go back to school -
no matter what.
My parents are very, very helpful, and my mom, at first, said she could
babysit once a week for me to go out, which I usually tried to use about 2
times a month, but both my parents work, neither of my younger brothers (17
and 14) will change diapers or help out with potty training by spending time
sitting in the washroom for 10 minutes every half an hour, and my dad is the
same, so that all makes things somewhat tough. When parents aren't working,
it seems that then they have soccer, hockey or football almost every
evening.
My boyfriend, who has loved Brandon since the second he was born, and has
treated him better than I believe he could treat his own child (if he had
any) works really crappy hours now... He's gone to work from 2:30 in the
afternoon until 11:30 at night.
I'm past frustration, and I'm moving onto the, "I just don't give a ****"
stage of this.

wrote in message
. com...
Don't mean to butt in, but as a nurse I must respond. GET TO A DOCTOR!!!
Preferably a neurologist. It could be from the accident, or something

else.
You won't know until you go. PLEASE go.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

In ,
ŠkatŠ typed:
Dear NP,

I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately. For the last
little while, maybe the past 3 pr 4 months, my brain has been gone.
I just can't seem to concentrate on anything. I forget everything so
easily. I can be told or asked something, then half an hour later, I
totally forget. I write things down, but then I come across papers
with notes written on them, and although they are all in my writing,
I have no idea what they mean, and often don't remember when or why
they were written. It's like I'm slowing going retarded or brain
dead.
I just can't seem to sleep at night. It's either way too hot or way
too cold. When it's way too cold, I climb under all my blankets,
when it's way too hot, I turn the fan on and sleep on top of the
blankets. But when I get one extreme, I always wake shortly feeling
the opposite extreme. This new bed I have, I thought, was great. It
had a mattress 300x better than my last bed, so I was looking forward
to a good night's rest and not waking up stiff as a board. Ha.
Stupid to think that. I still wake up just as rattled in the morning.
Almost every time I stand up, I get that tunnel effect that I get
with bee stings, and I feel like I'm starting to black out. Only
twice have I actually blacked out completely and just dropped. Once
at the lake a few years back, even before this little accident, and
fell in the cabin against the stove - yet I don't remember smacking
my head/face right on the stove and banging my head nicely on the
floor - and once since Sept when I found myself on the floor with a
very sore arm and hip. It's all so very strange. If my head isn't
spinning, my eyes are twitching and blurry. Wes tells me my eyes are
constantly going crossed when I read, watch TV, read something on
the computer - or anything that involves seeing and focusing.
Major headaches and migraines still visit me and drive me insane.
I'm not sure what to do as I do not like doctors. I still cannot
afford the therapy I was told to get by the long time doctor who was
also the pediatrician for my brothers and I. I'm also damn scared of
calling that other lady's insurance company guy. I'm trying to avoid
him, and I'm getting pulled from both sides by family and friends
about all of this. I'm also scared that something will happen -
again - with our insurance if I do anything, and we JUST got
everything straightened out.
They were cancelling us after only 2 years and sending us to Kingsway
which insures dangerous drivers. They said it was because of my
accident that I wasn't at fault for, and where the other insurance
even told them to waive our deductable. The other lady was charged
and there was no claim at all by us. After bringing in driving
records and finding we both had absolutely clean driving records,
they decided to keep us, renew the insurance a week or so ago, and
drop the cost down a few hundred for each 3 month payment. In October
Wes turns 25, so we were told insurance would drop drastically if
there are no accidents or claims or anything. So I'm not sure if I
should get a hold of the other insurance compay of the lady who was
at fault for the accident or not. I'm just somewhat scared to do
anything right now, but it's getting harder and harder to get through
the day. I know things could be worse, of course, and I should
consider myself lucky, but in ways I do not.

****, I ramble and get off topic so easily... Sorry about that...

Signed,
Moron at Times.

"CME" wrote in message

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
news Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a
senior's apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly,
wondering why the hell senior's apartments would be put up right in
the mall... Quite strange, but I really don't care enough to
actually care, I suppose.
I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are
going to soon be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all
lately.
Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall
again - only not so often - because I could find a nice little
old lady or man to visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and
him tell me stories of 'back in the day' and from the times of war.
That would be fun.

Haven't slept much? What happened to you?

Signed,

Nosey Parker.

Old June 30th 03, 01:11 AM

In ,
ŠkatŠ typed:
[...]

OK, I understand. I truly do. But being in the "I just don't give a ****"
stage does not help your children. Therapy is one thing, explaining the
situation may help. Therapy can be scheduled in the mornings, and is
usually an hour long at most. Two or three times a week is the usual.
However, aside from that, there may be something more serious going on, that
therapy can not help at this time, maybe it could have helped before, I
don't know. The dizziness, blurred vision, crossing of the eyes, and
blackouts all sound like something severely neurological. The not sleeping
and memory loss could stem from depression, which would be understandable
given your current situation. I hope you try to put you first, and explain
to the family why you need their assistance. It also may help your brothers
to know that their spouses will expect their assistance in child rearing in
the future, and women like a man who isn't afraid of diapers. LOL
Good Luck to you

Betsy

Old June 30th 03, 04:32 AM
turtledove

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
[...]

don't walk, but RUN to the nearest Neurologist. Get one that specializes in
Traumatic Brain INjuries....and you do have to ask and be specific. Don't
let a General Practitioner tell you that you are fine. This is serious. And
many doctors aren't aware of brain injuries (yeah, it's true as SAD as that
is) and so it is important to find one who does. And there are such things
as neuro-ophthamoligsts and neuro-optomotrists that can help with your
vision problems.

I have a mild traumatic Brain Injury that I got from my car accident last
year. Many of your symptoms are very familiar to me. Especially the vision
problems. I have had double vision since the accident and my left eye tends
to wander at times.

links to check out

http://www.tbiguide.com/
http://www.biausa.org/Pages/home.html
http://www.braininjury.com/symptoms.html GO HERE FIRST.......
http://coastline.cccd.edu/~spcprgms/blinks.htm

please feel free to write brianne at alpha66 dot com if you have any
questions or want to talk..

*brianne (motor vehicle accident/traumatic brain injury survivor 5/22/02)

Old June 30th 03, 04:46 AM
CME

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
[...]

I don't mean to be harsh, but if you don't see a doctor you're putting your
son (and yourself) in danger... what if one of the times you black out,
you're cooking dinner... you see where this is going, right? See a bloody
doctor, get the therapy and work the appointments around your son. Have you
talked to Welfare about covering the babysitting? It's a necessary expense,
so get on it.

Christine

Old June 30th 03, 04:51 AM
CME

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...
The not sleeping is also a sign of a head injury. So is memory loss. So

is
depression. All of which I experience on an almost daily basis.

Eegads I may be just hyper sensitive to this due to my own situation, but

can't stress enough GO TO A NEUROLOGIST!!!!

*b (someone just scream at me if I'm jumping the gun here)

I'm not sure she knows how serious this is. If it was a problem with her
son, I'm convinced she wouldn't let it get this bad, but because it's her...
well you see my point. Kat, get your **** together... if you need a lift or
any help (ie: babysitting occasionally) call me.

Christine

Old June 30th 03, 10:44 AM

In . com,
turtledove typed:
The not sleeping is also a sign of a head injury. So is memory loss.
So is depression. All of which I experience on an almost daily basis.

Eegads I may be just hyper sensitive to this due to my own situation,
but I can't stress enough GO TO A NEUROLOGIST!!!!

*b (someone just scream at me if I'm jumping the gun here)

I don't think you are jumping the gun. I believe I told her to go to the
neurologist as well. Our health is just as important as our children's; for
who will care for them if we can not?

Just my thoughts.

Betsy

Old July 1st 03, 06:55 PM
Dennis Here

ŠkatŠ wrote in message ...
Dear NP,

I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately

snipped

You are either an attention seeker or in serious need of a visit to a
doctor.

Dennis

Old July 1st 03, 07:12 PM
turtledove

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

ŠkatŠ wrote in message ...
Dear NP,

I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately

snipped

You are either an attention seeker or in serious need of a visit to a
doctor.

Dennis

Exactly!
I'm so friggin worried about her condition that I've been checking here
several times a day to see if she ever responded to some of my posts.

Brain injury isn't something to mess around with. It takes a great deal of
time to heal, and if it isn't diagnosed properly you can really hurt
yourself.

AARRGGGG!!

*areallyworriedbee

Old July 1st 03, 10:46 PM
ŠkatŠ

Yes, I talked to my grandma yesterday. She's babysitting tomorrow because I
have this job interview in the morning, then an appointment at the bank, so
I'm going to sneak into the doc. I've recently got a family doctor for us,
and there's always walk ins, it seems, but this guy seems to do me no help.
Sure, he's a doctor and all, and I have no doubt good and qualified and all
that, but last time I was in to see him, he told me to not take Tylenol 3's
and to take Motrin. He took a look at my leg/hip, which was bruised from my
hip bone to half way down my thigh (in the shape of the emergency brake and
about the same place the brake is, and just told me to take it easy on my
leg until it heals. Now it's healed, but it sure doesn't feel healed. This
doctor doesn't seem to be of any help.
I then went to see my old family doctor, the one who was our pediatrician as
babies and kids, and he told me I was out of shape and to get into therapy,
as well as take up something like swimming, aerobics or yoga. He said it
would get me in shape and help my body heal faster and better. As I am
still waiting to hear from the other insurance company, and have had some
problems with our own that we just got straightened out, I have yet to hear
back from the other guy, and I made a note to call them tomorrow.
(Nothing's open today due to Canada Day) So I hope to be able to get some
stuff and take advantage of my grandma babysitting for a few hours tomorrow.
Oh yea, first useless family doctor also said I might not be sleeping well
and waking up stiff and sore because of my mattress, and to see about
investing in a new one. Price shopping around, I came up with figures of
around $1000 for what the sales guys said was decent (not top of the line,
but not bottom, but closer to bottom than top) and the prices go all the way
up to over 2 grand. Money I would never ever be able to save up if my life
depended on it.

Old July 2nd 03, 06:04 PM
CME

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
[...]

Where the hell were you shopping, The Holt Renfrew of mattresses??? Go to
Sleep Country or someplace where you can get a mattress and boxspring for
under $500. Yeesh.

Christine