SPD and asthma...

Old June 17th 05, 09:20 PM
SuperEeyore

Default SPD and asthma...

I was going to write a lovely whaaaambulance cry, but changed my mind.
Instead, I'll just cut to the chase. I have questions for anyone who
has been there done that with SPD or asthma.

SPD first:

I'm showing heavy signs of having SPD. Last night, I had the worst
throbbing ever in the pelvic and hip region after walking a bunch
earlier in the day. I was hoping in the evening that some stretching
would help stop some of the discomfort (not realizing at the time it
might be SPD) and I think it made the symptoms worse. So, those that
have been there done that with SPD, is stretching out now? And,
looking at the kmom site about SPD (I'm not overweight, but it seemed
like one of the more thorough sites about SPD) I'm now thinking that I
did have it at least my last pregnancy a bit because of that front
pelvic bone pain. Rawr at the idea of a third go at back labor though.
=oP I also think I'll be mentioning this to my Dr. Coolbeans, but as
much as I'm beginning to trust her, I still expect the evil doctor to
come roaring out to suggest aggressive treatment (which would be so
unlike her).

Asthma second:

I live in one of the worst areas of the US for asthma. I've lived here
all my life and hadn't had any symptoms until this week. I read that
pregnant women in my length of pregnancy range (I'm spot in the middle
of that third trimester range span the website gave) have the most
triggers of asthma. Basically, I catch myself wheezing when carrying
Juliet up the stairs, and occasionally during regular breathing. The
wheezing doesn't last very long at all, just enough for me to think,
"awww crud, asthma is sneaking up on me." According to what I was
reading about this though, the women diagnosed during pregnancy tend
to revert back to how they breathed pre-pregnancy about three months
after giving birth. How important is aggressive treatment in my case?
It's barely noticeable when the wheezing happens, and doesn't seem
like the full out asthma attacks DH gets.

Thanks in advance!

Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
Old June 18th 05, 01:57 AM
Jenrose

"SuperEeyore" wrote in message
I was going to write a lovely whaaaambulance cry, but changed my mind.
Instead, I'll just cut to the chase. I have questions for anyone who
has been there done that with SPD or asthma.

SPD first:

If you find a good answer, let me know. The one thing that helps me somewhat
is to lie on my back in bed and squeeze my knees together REALLY hard until
something pops into place.

Asthma second:

Treat. I took zyrtec and singulair through my whole pregnancy, and
albuterol/flovent if things got "bad". Teh thing that keeps my asthma
symptoms 99% gone though, is the combination of the two antihistimines plus
supplemental magnesium. Magnesium works to help smooth muscles (lung,
uterus) relax. When I take mag, I only get asthma symptoms if I'm sick.

Jenrose

Old June 21st 05, 02:14 AM
Cheryl

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:20:56 -0700, SuperEeyore
wrote:

[...]

I went to the chiropractor and asked for help during my last
pregnancy. She did a very gentle adjustment of my hips that popped
both sides of my pelvis back into place (after noting that usually
women only have one side go out, not both) and after that the baby
dropped and it wasn't a problem anymore as the bones couldn't shift
around her head The two pregnancies before that were of the sort
where I had to sit down to put on and take off my pants so this was a
big improvement.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)