back pay on child support

Old May 9th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
magnumpi83

Default back pay on child support

I have a question for you people. My wife filed for divorce and moved
out in July. She went to Domestic Relations to seek child support. She
has 2 children and I have 1. Before the hearing we reached an
agreement that I would pay her $250/month. Instead of cancelling the
hearing she only postponed it. Thinking she would be getting more
money from going to Domestic Relations we went in December. It turned
out I didn't owe her anything since she was awarded $160/month but
since I was still living in our marital home with one dependent they
allowed me a mortgage deviation of $160/month so it was a wash. Our
house finally sold and we had closing this past March. Immediately she
went back to Domestic Relations and told them the house was sold so
the mortgage deviation was no longer valid. So instead of going we
discussed it again and at that time I agreed to pay her $300/month.
Both our lawyers filed the agreement and I thought everything was
done. Now I get a letter saying I owe her back pay on the child
support of $3,000. I'm assuming they're talking about all the back pay
of $300/month all the way back until she moved out. First I was paying
her $250/month plus when Domestic Relations did rule they awarded $0
on both parties.Does this sound right that I have to pay her backpay?

Old May 9th 07, 07:39 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

Arrearage value is only on the amount ordered by the court!
Ask to see a court order.

ps.com...

Old May 14th 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
magnumpi83

On May 9, 2:39 pm, "DB" wrote:
[...]

The court order said all the way back to June of 2006. I was living in
our maritial home with one dependent full time from June 2006 until
March of 2007. The original court order's finding in February 2007
ordered me to pay her $160/month but gave me a $160/month credit for
the house. Now that the house was sold and we agreed to the $300/month
why wouldn't it start on March of 2007 and instead of going back to
June 2006. It seems they threw the house deviation out all the way
back to June 2006. It was like I wasn't living in the house then. One
would think the original court order was valid until March when the
house was sold and then the agreement between my wife and I would have
taken place April 2007. I just don't understand the back pay part of
the whole process. To me it feels like when my son turns old enough I
should go back to Domestic Relations and get credit for all the money
I've paid for his care. It seems the 10 months of credit that I was
living in our house paying the mortgage and taking care of our son and
paying her $250/month when the original order found I didn't have to
pay anything was all just thrown away because the house sold. Makes no
sense to me and my lawyer hasn't been any help...

Old May 9th 07, 07:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"magnumpi83" wrote
[...]

==
Request (in writing) a full accounting from DR. None of us can tell you what
you owe/don't owe because we don't have access to your order(s).