what's the earliest you can tell it's going to be a boy?

Old May 6th 04, 05:25 AM
Zen Cohen

Default what's the earliest you can tell it's going to be a boy?

We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks. The doc gave us a print, which I scanned
and emailed to some friends. One of them, a nurse, says she thinks she saw a
penis. I saw something in the area but it's so amorphous I assumed it was
nothing significant; also thought this was too early to tell. Could my
nurse friend be right?

Old May 6th 04, 08:36 AM
Amy

That's pretty early to tell, IMHO. Even at an 18 week u/s, the hormones can
make a girl look like a boy or vice-versa. Although the genitals are
developed, at 13 weeks I'm sure they all look pretty similar. But your
friend has a 50% chance of being right. ;-)

Old May 6th 04, 08:53 AM
Carla

On Thu, 6 May 2004 19:36:22 +1200, "Amy"
wrote:

That's pretty early to tell, IMHO. Even at an 18 week u/s, the hormones can
make a girl look like a boy or vice-versa. Although the genitals are
developed, at 13 weeks I'm sure they all look pretty similar. But your
friend has a 50% chance of being right. ;-)

I agree -- my 19 week US said girl and then 2 weeks later -- a boy!
We have had a couple since then and he's *still* a boy. :-)

Hopefully your friend will be getting another one in the coming weeks
to get a more accurate viewing.

Carla
#1 due 5/14/04
Old May 6th 04, 12:15 PM
Simone

"Zen Cohen" wrote in
:

We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks. The doc gave us a print, which I
scanned and emailed to some friends. One of them, a nurse, says she
thinks she saw a penis. I saw something in the area but it's so
amorphous I assumed it was nothing significant; also thought this was
too early to tell. Could my nurse friend be right?

Hi, with both my boys I knew it in week 13. The echo showed very clearly
the little penis! ;-) and it was both times confirmed by the
amniocentesis.

--
Simone
Mom of Ruben Raymond Rocco 08 march 2001
Old May 6th 04, 03:35 PM
Welches

Zen Cohen wrote in message
We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks. The doc gave us a print, which I scanned
and emailed to some friends. One of them, a nurse, says she thinks she saw

penis. I saw something in the area but it's so amorphous I assumed it was
nothing significant; also thought this was too early to tell. Could my
nurse friend be right?

At 13 weeks they look the same-both look male! I think at 15/6 weeks there
is a difference, but not really visible on u/s.
Of course if you now have a boy your friend will say she was right :-) but
there is a 50% chance of that anyway!
Debbie

Old May 6th 04, 03:45 PM
JennP

"Zen Cohen" wrote in message
We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks. The doc gave us a print, which I scanned
and emailed to some friends. One of them, a nurse, says she thinks she saw

penis. I saw something in the area but it's so amorphous I assumed it was
nothing significant; also thought this was too early to tell. Could my
nurse friend be right?

I wouldn't count on it. That's pretty early. I thought that the earliest you
could tell gender was around 15 weeks? Even then, I think it's difficult.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04