Complete Placenta Previa ( I also have been diagnosed)

Old May 6th 04, 07:48 PM
Lissa24

Default Complete Placenta Previa ( I also have been diagnosed)

At 7 weeks 6 days I spotted. At 12 weeks 6 days I bled once and then
spotted (dark brown). I went in both times for ultrasounds, they noted
complete placenta previa. I went in yesterday at 18 weeks 4 days for my
follow up ultrasound and she noted that I have complete placenta previa.
She also showed me on the screen. I bled on Monday and have spotted dark
brown ever since. My bleeding is like an instant gush, then its all dark
brown from there, almost a black its so brown. (Sorry for the tmi). I am
now having to switch to an OBGYN because they said that with a complete
placenta previa, the chances of the placenta moving up, very slim, and I
should be planning on a c-section. I have also been on restrictions since
7 weeks, so I have been taking it easy, but they said not to be surprised
if I go on bedrest. My friend is a dr. and he confirmed what I had been
told.

Take it easy! That is my advice. No lifting over 20lbs, no strenuous
activity (if you walk, don't let yourself get fatigued), if you bleed or
spot, get off you feet, rest on your left side. This helps slow the
bleeding down and helps it clot up. I know nothing about the magnesium or
whatever, sorry I am of no help there.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing, as I will do the same! Take
care!!!