clicking noises in belly

Old August 2nd 04, 04:26 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default clicking noises in belly

Unadulterated Me wrote:
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on what the babe is doing? There is absolutely
no pain involved.

I've had it now and then and always assumed it was like a vacuum pop
that the uterus or a membrane maybe makes as it slurps of the abdominal
wall,two wet granuloma type tissues suctioning of one another due to the
baby moving. Doesn't sound like a joint to me, doesn't have that crisp
sound to it, it's more a muffled mouth pop like the finger in the cheek.

Andrea

Mine really sounds like a click. I mean, it's a high pitched kind of
noise, and is pretty much like the cracking of joints, or the forceful
popping of a really small bubble.
Old August 4th 04, 04:09 PM
Mary S.

That's bizarre. It's very unusual, but they have heard babies crying in the
womb, according to a pregnancy book I was reading, presumably a little air
got in somehow.

Urban legend/ghost story...
not possible. Has never happened...

Ahh! Now I can stop making my brain hurt trying to figure out how sound
could be produced with no air.

Mary S.

Old August 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Jacqui

Vicky Bilaniuk wibbled

OK, this may sound weird, but my baby makes clicking noises. The
noise has occured twice that I know of. It always happens when
the baby is kicking up a storm. I asked my midwife, and she said
that she doesn't know what it is, but that other women have
mentioned the same thing (i.e. that their babies do it too).
Anyone have any ideas on what the babe is doing? There is
absolutely no pain involved. In fact, I feel nothing except
normal movement, and the movement never seems to be affected by
the clicking, although the baby stops momentarily (but really not
for long) after a click occurs.

For my mum it was my hip clicking. I was checked for clicky hips
after birth on the basis of the noises she heard before I was born
(I had them and was monitored for my first few months but didn't
need treatment). My youngest brother had the same thing, and also
clicked in utero. It may be other joints, but it's almost certainly
joint clicking. Everyone I know who's reported it IRL has had a baby
who clicks one way or another (T's ankles and knees click, as do
mine and DH's, in fact DH clicks loudly from most joints almost
every time he moves!).

Jac
Old August 5th 04, 12:24 AM
Amy

I thought it sounded like urban legend, but I read it in a medical book so I
thought it must be true, lol.

"Mary S." wrote in message

That's bizarre. It's very unusual, but they have heard babies crying in

the
womb, according to a pregnancy book I was reading, presumably a little

air
got in somehow.

Urban legend/ghost story...
not possible. Has never happened...

Ahh! Now I can stop making my brain hurt trying to figure out how sound
could be produced with no air.

Mary S.

unwelcome belly touching Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 4 July 19th 04 01:53 AM
Belly belts? Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 8 February 22nd 04 02:13 AM
Pain In Belly...? Christine Pregnancy 1 February 21st 04 06:05 PM
Belly size question.... Kari Pregnancy 5 August 22nd 03 05:31 PM