games to play

Old June 27th 07, 11:22 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default games to play

what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

Old June 27th 07, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

On Jun 27, 6:22 am, wrote:
what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

My son, not yet 4, has enjoyed playing checkers. Similar in spirit is
Othello aka reversi. Maybe the first game to try is tic-tac-toe.

Old June 27th 07, 02:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

wrote in message
ups.com...
what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

At that age did a lot of sorting games, stacking games, counting games and
toss the socks in the laundry basket types of games.
You can sort things by color, shape, size, texture, pretty much anything,
and stacking can be just as fun ... stacking books, paper, blocks, toys,
wash cloths, etc.
The only problem I had w/ counting games is that my 2 year old could count
to 500+ and wanted me to know how high she could count every day, all day.
There was a point that I just didn't want to hear it anymore.

Old June 27th 07, 04:58 PM posted to misc.kids
annie

On Jun 27, 4:22 am, wrote:
what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

For my 3 year old:

I Spy
20 Questions
Candy Land
Get out a deck of cards and let him make up the rules
The Fire Hydrant game. While driving, challenge each other to see who
can find 5 fire hydrants first. Also works with flags or mailboxes.
This is great for the times when he is driving me batty talking just
for the sake of talking and needs a little more focus.

Annie

Old June 27th 07, 05:19 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 27, 9:46?am, "Knit Chic" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

At that age did a lot of sorting games, stacking games, counting games and
toss the socks in the laundry basket types of games.
You can sort things by color, shape, size, texture, pretty much anything,
and stacking can be just as fun ... stacking books, paper, blocks, toys,
wash cloths, etc.
The only problem I had w/ counting games is that my 2 year old could count
to 500+ and wanted me to know how high she could count every day, all day.
There was a point that I just didn't want to hear it anymore.

LOL. Brings back memories over here. "Mom can I count for you?" I
really wanted to say "No thank you." lol. Of course, I didn't though.

At those ages, I stocked up on construction paper, finger paints, made
homemade playdough, watercolor paints, stamping markers, cut shapes
out of construction paper for them and let them make pictures by
gluing them onto other pieces. I died all different sorts of noodles,
which I still have and my now 20-month-old is starting to play with,
and bought long shoestrings they could lace them onto, etc. We bought
various shape flashcards and played memory games with wooden blocks. I
bought various things on sale at the craft store when on sale and they
would put together amazing lil' creations all on their own. At 4, they
were more into games than they were at 2 and we had various board
games that we could play, card games, I spy, etc.

Old June 27th 07, 06:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 27, 9:46?am, "Knit Chic" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

You are a better mother than me lol There was a point that I had to say no
more, I can't take it, it's time to move on to something else.

At those ages, I stocked up on construction paper, finger paints, made
homemade playdough, watercolor paints, stamping markers, cut shapes
out of construction paper for them and let them make pictures by
gluing them onto other pieces. I died all different sorts of noodles,
which I still have and my now 20-month-old is starting to play with,
and bought long shoestrings they could lace them onto, etc. We bought
various shape flashcards and played memory games with wooden blocks. I
bought various things on sale at the craft store when on sale and they
would put together amazing lil' creations all on their own. At 4, they
were more into games than they were at 2 and we had various board
games that we could play, card games, I spy, etc.

Pipe cleaners have saved my life. lol
I love them, my kids love them, you can use them time and time again, and
just about anywhere. In line at the bank, in the car, at the dinner table
when out for dinner and it's taking to long. You can make a zillion things
out of them, even your own games and they fit in my purse w/o taking up a
lot of space.

Old June 27th 07, 07:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 27, 3:22 am, wrote:
what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

Pretend games; pretending to cook something, with bowls and spoons and
whisks, lots of mixing, mixing, mixing.
Or pretending to build something with tools. Lots of sawing and
hammering.

Games with hand motions, like Pat-a-Cake or Itsy-Bitsy Spider.

And of course, Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. There *is* a reason
why those games still stand the test of time. Kids love them!

Vickie

Old June 27th 07, 10:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Aula

wrote in message
ups.com...
what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

old maid, memory [very simple version], go fish. simple rules quickly over.
I think chutes and ladders was more age 4-7ish, when rules could become a
bit more complex.

Aula

Old June 28th 07, 01:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 27, 2:56 pm, "Aula" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

what games are to play with 2-3 y.o. children? what games are your
favorite to spend time with your child? Just in search for ideas...

old maid, memory [very simple version], go fish. simple rules quickly over.
I think chutes and ladders was more age 4-7ish, when rules could become a
bit more complex.

Aula

You may be right about Chutes and Ladders. I forgot the age on that
one.
Vickie

Do kids play board games these days? Bible John General 3 January 5th 06 08:15 AM
Do kids play board games these days? Bible John Solutions 3 January 5th 06 08:15 AM
Play Station 2 Games MsLiz General 5 December 16th 05 02:52 AM
pc games [email protected] General 4 November 30th 05 10:00 PM
Kids and NFL games Hillary Israeli General (moderated) 19 September 29th 03 06:30 PM