3 year old with bottle

Old March 10th 04, 07:01 PM
nina

Default 3 year old with bottle

It wasnt milk or water. I saw it.
This child wasnt going to bed.
I didnt judge, I never specualted on how long and often that child had her
bottle.
Just seeing a child that old with a bottle bothered me.
It also bothered me that she was in the front seat of a car with no car
seat.

"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message
.. .
For all we know, there was water or milk in the bottle, and maybe the

child
only gets bottles when in the car because there is less mess? You can't
judge at first site. I have friends whose kids have 1 bottle of milk

before
bed, and that is it. This will not cause bottle caries, or affect their

jaw
development etc... it is one bottle a day. They are 2 1/2 & 3 1/2.

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
"nina" wrote in message
i guess my problem is
1. baby bottles caries which is bad in this area
2. what seems to me the hypocrisy of those who frown on extended
breastfeeding but think extended bottle feeding is no big deal
In my experience, most older kids with bottles are drinking juice or
kool-aid,not a good idea.

"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message
. ..
I have a problem with the child being in the front seat, but I don't

have
any problem with a 3 year old who still has a bottle. If we should be
allowed to extended nurse our children to 3+ years, why should other
children be allowed to comfort themselves with a bottle past 3 years?

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
"nina" wrote in message
Today as I drove to the store, I looked in the care next to me and

saw
kid
who had to be no more than 3 with a big old purple plastic gerber

bottle
hanging out of her mouth. UGH. People complain about breastfeeding

but
NOT
about kids with bottles dangling from between their teeth?
And, now that I think about it, why was she in the front seat of a

car
anyway???