A little contest

Old January 26th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default A little contest

I'm looking for 20 sound-bite facts that could be e-mailed around to
spread awareness of what is actually going on in the USA regarding the
travesty of Justice that is the Family Court system, child custody, and
child support. I know there are so many wrongs being done (and they are
all interconnected) that it is hard to pick only a handful, but here are
some criteria:

1. The facts must be readable in a sentence or two
2. The facts must be accompanied by at least one link to documentation
that backs them up
3. I'd like to keep the list as humorous as possible. I know that
sounds strange, but humor will help keep the list looking like a list of
gripes from angry men and more like an expose of the farce that we men
are facing. There is nothing really humorous about any of this, of
course, but it would help if we could make light as much as possible to
keep people from shutting down and failing to read the whole thing. We
want to win hearts and minds here.

One statistic I can give as an example is the fact that women initiate
70% of divorces, and mostly for personal reasons other than abuse. I
know I've seen documentation of this before, and it would be a good fact
to use because not many people are aware of it.

We could do something like "Top 20 myths about the Divorce Industry (or
Fathers, or what-have-you)", and list 20 misconceptions common to
Americans about all this mess. Using the above example, we might list
the MYTH: Most divorces are initiated by fathers who abandon their
families, followed by REALTY: (What I just said above), and
DOCUMENTATION: (An active online documentation)

We could send this list to various interested groups and e-mail people
we knew asking them to pass it on. It couldn't hurt, right?

If you could pick 20 facts about this awful system that you would like
the American public to know about, what would they be?

- Ron ^*^

Old January 26th 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Werebat" wrote in message

[...]

==
Myth: Mothers are inherently nurturing and should be given default custody
in the "tender years."
Reality: Mothers and their paramours are much more likely to abuse/kill
their children.
You can find data on the US Dept of Justice website.
==

Old January 26th 06, 06:23 AM posted to alt.child-support

Gini wrote:
"Werebat" wrote in message

[...]

Gini, this is a good example of what I'm looking for. I'm curious if
the stats correct for percentage of children in the custody of their
mothers, etc.

- Ron ^*^

Old January 26th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message

"Werebat" wrote in message

[...]

I have a friend who had his children taken away from him and given to the
"nurturing" mother. She ended up murdering one.

==

Old January 29th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.child-support

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:49:11 -0500, Werebat
wrote:

[...]

MYTH: It may cost $1,000 per month to meet a child's needs based upon
Dad's pre-tax salary of $30,000 (assuming the mom shares
responsibility equally which is often a myth in and of itself).
TRUTH: The cost of meeting needs does not vary with salary and a child
born in 1999, for example, can have ALL needs met on $785 per month.
SOURCE: http://www.usda.gov/news/releases/2000/04/0138
Beverly
Old January 29th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.child-support

wrote:

[...]

Make sure to throw a few sentences about Marc Rogers in there . . .

Old January 29th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.child-support

excuse me, I meant Roger Williams.

Old January 29th 06, 11:59 PM posted to alt.child-support

Officials who enforce morality laws, but practice no morality themselves!

Old January 30th 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.child-support

excuse me, I meant Robert Williams,

Mad HOT Ballroom CONTEST - Win an American Express CASH Gift Card & More .... Ballroom Dancing & DanceSport Group General 0 November 30th 05 05:38 AM
This Is Better Than The Affirmative Action Cookie Sale BroJack Solutions 72 February 25th 04 05:46 AM
Acceptable losses... Kane General 14 January 26th 04 02:06 PM
Acceptable losses... Kane Spanking 14 January 26th 04 02:06 PM
Acceptable losses... Kane Solutions 14 January 26th 04 02:06 PM