health visitors advice about 1st stage weaning

Old September 4th 03, 07:26 AM
teapot

Default health visitors advice about 1st stage weaning

I have got some work lined up so need to sort out this expressing
thing properly. Our health visitor told me to express 6oz, give it to
my bloke and leave him with the baby for 3 hours while I go shopping.

Bliss! 3 hours of shopping - prescribed! wthout a pushchair! just a
pity I haven't got heaps of money to spend :-)

teapot
Old September 4th 03, 06:13 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message ..

I have got some work lined up so need to sort out this expressing
thing properly. Our health visitor told me to express 6oz, give it to
my bloke and leave him with the baby for 3 hours while I go shopping.

Bliss! 3 hours of shopping - prescribed! wthout a pushchair! just a
pity I haven't got heaps of money to spend :-)

teapot

6ozs? Wow Kam drinks that straight down! I would have to pump much more than
that to be able to leave Kamron.

It is sooo nice to get away though, even for a short time.
Enjoy your shopping! It's my favorite pastime.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 16lbs 2 (7lbs 9 and a half
born).

Old September 4th 03, 09:46 PM
teapot

"Andrea" wrote in message ...
"teapot" wrote in message ..

I have got some work lined up so need to sort out this expressing
thing properly. Our health visitor told me to express 6oz, give it to
my bloke and leave him with the baby for 3 hours while I go shopping.

Bliss! 3 hours of shopping - prescribed! wthout a pushchair! just a
pity I haven't got heaps of money to spend :-)

teapot

6ozs? Wow Kam drinks that straight down! I would have to pump much more than
that to be able to leave Kamron.

It is sooo nice to get away though, even for a short time.
Enjoy your shopping! It's my favorite pastime.

Toffee is 12lbs 12oz, she worked out the amount from his weight -
yours is a bit bigger than mine, though mine was only 6lbs 7oz when he
was born.
teapot
Old September 4th 03, 10:14 PM
Anne Rogers

6ozs? Wow Kam drinks that straight down! I would have to pump much more than
that to be able to leave Kamron.

It is sooo nice to get away though, even for a short time.
Enjoy your shopping! It's my favorite pastime.

Toffee is 12lbs 12oz, she worked out the amount from his weight -
yours is a bit bigger than mine, though mine was only 6lbs 7oz when he
was born.

I read on www.kellymom.com that the amount a baby eats between 1 and 6
months is independent of weight, on average 25 oz per day, hence divide
that by the number of feeds to find out how much per feed. It's easy to
overfeed with a bottle apparently, though I'm not quite sure how to tell,
if ds has a bottle it's about 6oz, he seems to guzzle it all down and
doesn't spit up of have fussiness afterwards, which he might if he had
over eaten. He's small too, 9lb 8oz at 14 weeks. By the kellymom
calculation it should be nearer 3, he eats about 8 times per day.

Andrea, I collect my 6oz by pumping 5 mins each side after most day time
feeds, it takes 3 or 4 feeds sessions to get that. I then freeze that and
he gets is when I go out for a break, I'm having my hair cut tomorrow :-).

Old September 5th 03, 03:20 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Andrea wrote:

6ozs? Wow Kam drinks that straight down! I would have to pump much more than
that to be able to leave Kamron.

And I was gone for nearly 3 hours today, and left a 2oz
bottle (plus backup), and it was sufficient. Babies are so
variable.

Phoebe