WDNNSCPS

Old April 22nd 05, 04:44 AM

Default WDNNSCPS

KANE'S COMMENTARY ON CHILD AND FAMILY NEWS.

Things are definately NOT looking up for some of the strange folks on
these newsgroups that rely on emotion and twisting facts...nosiree.

This commentary seems full of just the thing to confound them...again.

This first article on sexual abuse trauma includes reference to
neurological proof being found for lost or suppressed memory from
trauma. Oooo...that's going to make our nutsos that don't believe in
this phenomena upset..but then, they don't pay any attention to facts,
even science, that would confound their views.

Further, the level of sexual abuse that isn't reported until adulthood
suggests there is a good deal more of it than the 10% reported to CPS
would suggest.

And estimates that 90% is NEVER reported. Hmmm...how would they know
that? By asking adults and finding out how much was done to them and
never reported, until the interview as an adult.

CHILD sex abuse policy recommendations published in Science ...
Medical News Today - UK
A University of Oregon psychologist is calling for the creation of a
new
national institute on child abuse and interpersonal violence in a major
policy article ...
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=23252

Kane: Well now. Have we seen the US influenced by foreign country's
laws and views..why yes, we have, most certainly. Will this one come
across the waters? I kinda think it's pretty much here already. I'm on
the fence on this one. For malicious persecution one should sue, but
then, this isn't about malicious intent, just doing one's job. What do
YOU think...oh let me see...who should it be? Okay YOU greegor. What do
YOU think?

PARENTS Wrongly Accused of Child Abuse Cannot Sue
Scotsman - UK
.... He said the seriousness of child abuse as a social problem demanded
that health professionals should not be subject to potentially
conflicting
duties when ...
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4433532

Kane: Now why would Texas think there is underreporting of abuse, eh?
0:-

TEXAS AG provides materials to help recognize child abuse
Denton Record Chronicle (subscription) - Denton,TX,USA
Worry over how many cases of child abuse remain unreported each year
led
to the creation of a video and handbook that teach people who work with
children how ...
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D89K2Q800.html

Kane: Now here's a story. A woman involved that was NOT abused, as a
child, but her two adopted sibs WERE, by her own biological father. Got
to be tough for a kid to grow up thinking everything was okay, and as
an adult find out something like this.

NATIONAL Child Abuse Prevention Month
KIMT - Mason City,IA,USA
.... themselves what's approriate.". National Child Abuse Prevention
Month
does more than shed light on the problem of physical abuse. It also ...
http://www.kimt.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=KIMT/MGArticle/IMT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782290042&pat h=

Kane: So now, we have those in the group that think shaken baby syndrom
can be mimiced by other things...and whose to say. It's probably very
true...but I resent the implication that INVESTIGATIONS should not
happen when children DO exhibit the signs of SBS and those other things
as well, without knowing one or the other happened.

That logic is about like having doctors give up Dx work based on there
being a set of diagnostic indicators that can look like more than one
disease...Let's just assume it's the less serious one and move on, eh?

How does that work with a baby that has the signs of SBS....because it
COULD be something else, let's don't submit the poor helpless little
victim to more victimization by doing Dx...hokay, you bright lights in
this ng? 0:-

NEVER Shake Baby: It's National Child Abuse Prevention Month
SanDiego Channel.com - San Diego,CA,USA
San Diego County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price showed the dangers of
shaken
baby syndrome Thursday as part of National Child Abuse Prevention
month.
http://www.10news.com/health/4403982/detail.html

Kane: Well, that's it for this round. Sadly these are coming too fast
for me to keep up, and I have to reject many worthy stories, but if you
have some, feel free to post them...and if you stick to this thread
people will know right were to look for them.

Oh, and you anti Government, anti Authority, anti CPS, anti a Brain,
who have stories you feel are critical of CPS, hey...you are welcome
too. Join right in. The comparisons will be interesting to observe.

Give your best shot. 0:-

Old April 22nd 05, 05:11 AM
4naught

wrote in message
oups.com...
snipped if anybody bothered to read it I would crap a loaf

Give your best shot. 0:-

Aren't you protected by the Migratory Bird Act, cuckoo?
4 n-0

Old April 22nd 05, 05:26 AM

4naught wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
snipped if anybody bothered to read it I would crap a loaf

Give your best shot. 0:-

Aren't you protected by the Migratory Bird Act, cuckoo?
4 n-0

THAT'S your "best shot?" You need to learn to stroke faster, troll.

Yours is a lame flame of placid flacid.

0:-

Old April 23rd 05, 04:18 AM

Kane comments on news of child protection.

Kane: This is a repeat of an early post, but bears revisiting for the
serious implications. A debate in this ng arose over the supposed
reduction in child abuse reflected in the reduced reports of
substantiated occurances investigated by CPS. There are many factors
that might reduce the REPORTING, but many factors that do no support
any actual reduction, or even stablization of the number of occurances.
If nothing else the growing population of our country keeps the numbers
climbing. People haven't changed all that much. Sadly.

UO expert calls for honest fight against child sex abuse
The Register-Guard - Eugene,Oregon,USA
.... UO psychology professor Jennifer Freyd and co-authors recommend
establishment of a national institute of child abuse, better research
and expansion of a ...
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2005/04/22/a1.childsexabuse.0422.html

CHILD-ABUSE prevention begins at home
I-Newswire.com (press release) - USA
.... suffering from neglect, followed by physical and sexual abuse, and
emotional or psychological maltreatment, according to a National Child
Abuse and Neglect ...
http://i-newswire.com/pr16436.html

CHILD abuse prevention summit planned
Dover Community News - Dover,NH,USA
.... April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. This means that there is an
opportunity to celebrate your community by celebrating children and
families.
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/dover/04222005/news/38302.htm

ATTORNEY General Unveils Child Abuse Video And Handbook
KWTX - Waco,TX,USA
The video and handbook, "What Can We Do About Child Abuse?" guide
people
through how to report child abuse and advises them on ways to talk with
children ...
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/1497862.html

CHURCH wants to put a stop to child abuse
News 14 Charlotte - Charlotte,NC,USA
CHARLOTTE, NC -- A Charlotte church is speaking out about sexual abuse
among children in hopes of spreading awareness about the problem. ...
http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?ArID=92009&SecID=2

Old April 24th 05, 04:44 AM

Kane comments on news of child protection interest...and more.

Kane: This first story speaks so eloquently to the real issues, the
ones so commonly, callously, and offhandedly lied about in this ng by
some of you.

GROUP trying to prevent child sex abuse by getting adults to ...
Dateline Alabama - Birmingham,AL,USA
.... will be part of a child abuse prevention advisory committee being
organized
by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, according to
Marsha Gilmer ...
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050423/APN/504230690&cachetime=3&template=dateline

Kane: I love it when parents will not tolerate abuse, and stories like
this warm my heart, after all those I've seen that are of parents being
the abusers. These parents kicked butt.

TEACHER-CHILD Abuse
WNCT - Greenville,NC,USA
Peedie Newton is nine years old and attends Samuel Vick elementary
school.
His parents say they now know what their child has been going through
at school. ...
http://www.wnct.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WNCT/MGArticle/NCT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782317641&pat h=

Old April 26th 05, 06:12 PM

Kane's Komments......

But don't the statistics show the "rate" has been the same for decades?
Doesn't that mean the number is the same...oh, wait....0:-

Kane: You'll find that this first story blows some rather large holes
in the claims made in this ng about how and why states can't cope.

RISE in Child Abuse Called National 'Epidemic'
ABC News - USA
WASHINGTON, April 25, 2005 -- Every year, hundreds of thousands of
children
are abused and neglected in the United States. Child ...
""It is truly an epidemic," said Shay Bilchik, president and chief
executive of Child Welfare League of America. "And we've seen the
tremendous increase over the last 20 years."

States have the primary responsibility for dealing with abused
children. Many have been unable to keep pace with the number of cases,
despite increases in funding from the federal government. "
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=701293&page=1

Kane: Children put in washing machines and dryers? Yah got to be
kiddin'

This is a classic WDNNSCPS kind of story. Children as disposable
possessions. What astounds me is that if you left an adult, who say
was disabled and could not get out by themselves, in a locked car in
the heat YOU WOULD BE CHARGE WITH AND CONVICTED OF MURDER, but because
it's a child, your own, you will have lessor charges brought and often
either not convicted, or just do a bit of parole.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90592&page=1

CHILD abuse can leave big scars
Times Record News - Wichita Falls,TX,USA
.... emotionally.". Wildman, the program director for Child Advocates in
Wichita Falls, knows too well there's no age limit to child abuse. ...
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/local_news/article/0,1891,TRN_5784_3729303,00.html

GIVING victims of child abuse HOPE
Daily Eastern News (subscription) - Charleston,IL,USA
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and half of the children who
join
children's advocacy programs have experienced or witnessed domestic
violence.
http://www.thedailyeasternnews.com/news/2005/04/26/News/Giving.Victims.Of.Child.Abuse.Hope-937384.shtml

FILMMAKER, local experts shed light on child abuse
The News-Review - Roseburg,OR,USA
.... the honored guest at the event presented by UCC's Cultural
Enrichment
Committee in conjunction with the local movement, the Child Abuse
Prevention
Partnership. ...
http://www.newsreview.info/article/20050424/NEWS/104250042

Old April 26th 05, 07:11 PM
Buttercryz

wrote in message
oups.com...
Kane's Komments......

What is a Kane? What is a "Komments" I can tell you what Kane is: a Liar.

Kane: Children put in washing machines and dryers? Yah got to be
kiddin'
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90592&page=1

Nope you ain't "kidding" you are LYING. (same thing you accuse others of)
Nothing at all in this story about "Children being put in dryers" you added
dryers to the content. That is fraudulant. Is it all you can do? Liar.
al
_ _

"If you don't recall, I have helped people who did abuse or neglect their
children get their children back from CPS."
- Dan Sullivan ascps http://tinyurl.com/7yoql

Old April 26th 05, 10:50 PM

In the face of continual news of the horrendous increases in child
abuse in recent years, the yahoos still deny it and claim it's stable
or dropping...often referring to "the rates" ignoring, of course, that
they total population of children grows along with the total population
of adults. Logic, oh logic, the victim of these selfish little social
retards.

The News-Enterprise
Elizabethtown, Ky.

Homes for abused children need aid
By JOHN FRIEDLEIN

Down a country road, past hay bales and rolling fields of mustard
grass, stands a group of brick buildings that offer sanctuary from
abuse and neglect.

State and federal money funds privately operated residential facilities
like these as well as foster care programs. Government money also pays
for prevention initiatives and kinship care, which places children in
relatives' homes.

The problem is child-service groups must provide out-of-home care to
more children while resources remain relatively flat.

"There's not enough state funding; there's not enough federal funding,"
said Jill Seyfred, executive director of Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky.

"Dealing with child abuse is vitally important and should take
priority," he said.

It is a growing problem.

During the fiscal year that ended last June, more than 3,700 children
suffered abuse and neglect in Hardin and seven surrounding counties,
Seyfred said. The statewide total topped 64,000, which is up almost
20,000 compared to eight years ago, according to the Child Welfare
League of America.

Seyfred said reports have increased during the past 10 years partly
because of more abuse and greater awareness.

Neglect shows up most on these reports. This includes children who were
not properly fed, clothed or attended to by a doctor. It isn't a matter
of not having enough money to care for a child; it's just not doing it.

"Child abuse happens at all socio-economic levels and all races,"
Seyfred said.

She gave another reason for the increase: "We're seeing a growing
number of children who have been exposed to meth labs." In fact, local
police say they recently busted a meth lab that also was the site of a
slumber party.

Full story at the link below......

http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/articles/2005/04/26/news/news03.txt

.........this thread dedicated in perpetuity to the memory of Ferneal,
long may he/she/it rave...uhn, wave........

0:-

Old April 27th 05, 09:57 PM

PROFILES highlight community's advocates for child abuse ...
Asheville Citizen-Times - Asheville,NC,USA
ASHEVILLE -- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and advocates for
children
have tied nearly 1,000 blue ribbons to trees around City-County Plaza
to raise ...
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050427/NEWS01/50426021/1001

THE impact of child sexual abuse
Marshalltown Times Republican - Marshalltown,IA,USA
.... It may be stuffing envelopes at or contributing to the operation of
Child Abuse Prevention Services, becoming a Big Brother/Big Sister,
becoming
a Blue Star ...
http://www.timesrepublican.com/edit/story/0426202005_edtedit.asp

MAN Arrested When Child Abuse Photos Were Found on His Cell Phone
KSL-TV - Salt Lake City,UT,USA
When available, the raw script from this video story is presented
below.
Please note that these scripts come directly from our TV ...
http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=39&sid=200817

MOTHER jailed on suspicion of child abuse
Arizona Republic - Phoenix,AZ,USA
SOUTH PHOENIX - Authorities early Monday jailed a Phoenix mother on
suspicion
of child abuse after the woman admitted locking her 7-year-old daughter
in a room ...
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0426phx-child26.html