two kids and exercise

Old May 24th 04, 06:05 PM
Lil Nicky's Mom

Default two kids and exercise

It might be a stupid question, but what does SAH and WOH stand for?

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

Old May 24th 04, 06:11 PM
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

Currently SAH. When DD was a baby, I would put her in a stroller and walk
around the subdivision (one circuit around was 3 miles) or put her in the
burley and bike around the subdivision twice. Now, DD is in school and with
DS, I put him in the stroller and walk. It's a popular way of getting
exercise where I live.

For weight-training, I lift and set down DS (24 lbs).

Jeanne

Old May 24th 04, 06:35 PM
Jan Silbermann

In article ,
ted wrote:
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Work 22 hours a week. Run five miles a day on an elliptical machine.
Have five kids (-:

I joined the YMCA and I keep to a routine. I also own an elliptical
machine at home that I do when i cannot get to teh Y. I like the gym
experience better as it is not so boring.
At home, I pop in a video or a CD while exercising.
I also have a bench for doing 200 sit-ups a day
and do weights at the gym.
For me, it was a matter of deciding tahte xercise was something
I could not compromise on.
Jan
Old May 24th 04, 06:46 PM
dragonlady

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

Stay-At-Home, Work Out of the Home (There is also WAH -- Work At Home)

Old May 24th 04, 06:48 PM
Sophie

"Lil Nicky's Mom" wrote in message
It might be a stupid question, but what does SAH and WOH stand for?

SAH - Stay At Home

WOH - Work Out of the Home

Old May 24th 04, 07:10 PM
Rosalie B.

"Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang" wrote:

"ted" wrote in message
. com...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

My dd#3 who is a horse judge and works some weekends but not
consistently, so is really a SAHM walks her son to his school and goes
to school with the younger child in a stroller and with the dog (a
very hyper boxer). Then in the afternoon she walks to get him but
without the dog.

DD#1 and dd#2 do aerobic exercise to video tapes which they trade.
Both of them are WOH.

Thanks.

Currently SAH. When DD was a baby, I would put her in a stroller and walk
around the subdivision (one circuit around was 3 miles) or put her in the
burley and bike around the subdivision twice. Now, DD is in school and with
DS, I put him in the stroller and walk. It's a popular way of getting
exercise where I live.

For weight-training, I lift and set down DS (24 lbs).

Jeanne

grandma Rosalie
Old May 25th 04, 04:28 AM
laurie

This is bizarre- I was going to post almost this exact thread tonight!

I work out of the home 3 days a week, home the rest. I've been doing *nothing*
since I moved 6 months ago, have gained 8 lbs, and have finally had enough!
Just over the weekend I decided I have to get back into shape.

I do walk with the kids a few times a week, but I'm going to step it up a
notch. I have 2 kids- 3 years and 13 months- and we go in the double stroller.
SOmetimes it's hard as the 3 year old doesn't want to ride, but she's more
amenable to it than she was a year ago, truth be told.

I've just started incorporating light weight lifting and floor exercises into
my routine while watching TV at night. I may get a few workout videos but worry
they may become monotonous. The gym is too far away to be practical.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 13 months