punishment

Old August 13th 03, 01:55 PM

Default What you do when your child can't attend daycare....

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
In article ,
E wrote:

"Beeswing" wrote in message
"E" wrote in message
the one point I haven't heard is "what if not going to the day care
center
was not an option?" what would she have done then?

Since all the other kids were going on the field trip, it would have
tied up a teacher to watch my kid back at the center. It seemed best

for
all concerned to keep her at home.

beeswing

OK, I'm glad that was able to work out OK. I'm just concerned because it
will not be an option for me when I go back to work as my DH and my jobs

are
not that flexible. I was just wondering what the other options were.

There will always be days when your child can't attend daycare. Even
if they are never suspended for behavioral issues, they will get sick.
If you both have inflexible jobs, you either need a nanny (rather than
daycare center) who will care for them sick or well, or you need a
reliable backup situation for when your child is sick. We generally used
a combination of working from home, flexible hours and vacation time to
cover our children's illnesses, but it sounds like that may not be an
option for you.

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

true, those are not options for me, but we do have a local place that does
provide mildly ill emergency back-up in-home childcare service. but that is
for an ill child. the above was not for an ill child and would have been a
problem for me. however, that might have been a wake-up call to me as a
parent that something has to be done about this child...
--
Edith
oht nak

Old August 29th 03, 07:51 PM

Default Follow-up

E wrote:

"Beeswing" wrote in message
"E" wrote in message
[...]

sorry to follow my own post here, but this has now become a moot point for
me It seems that there is no work in my office for me and i will be laid
off some time between now and 9/23
now i can look for something closer to home with better hours - maybe
evening, or work at home or something
--
Edith
oht nak

Suppose we Outlawed Punishment? Nathan A. Barclay General 33 July 5th 04 03:22 AM
paradigms of spanking Doan General 0 January 3rd 04 08:03 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
Pakistan Bans School Corporal Punishment Chris General 1 November 23rd 03 10:30 PM