an update

Old August 21st 06, 08:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

Default an update

"Joybelle" wrote:

Just thought I'd post an update. Grant has been doing fairly well. The
most exciting thing is he's mobile! He's able to "inchworm" across a
room,
and he's quite proud of his achievement. As am I! He's been getting
better and faster, since he started doing it a month ago.

Woo! I loved when Alexander started doing that. It was so cute.

We've had some issues going on. He has had diarrhea for quite awhile, and
he started losing weight (1 1/2 pounds). He is on iron drops because his
hemoglobin had dropped a point in two weeks. He was also quite pale, eyes
were red-rimmed and heavy-lidded, and he just didn't seem to feel well.
The
iron seems to be helping, but he now has green/black diarrhea, so the
issue
isn't resolved yet. He just started on solids (he's almost 11 months),
but
he still has some gagging/choking issues going on. He prefers seasoned,
rather than bland food, and that seems to be the biggie. He also prefers
foods that aren't too mushy.

I hope he feels better & you get it sorted out soon!

Grant had a head CT and his first spinal MRI the beginning of this month.
The spinal MRI was interesting, and we were able to see where the spina
bifida occured. His shunt also appears to be working. I was so very
anxious and nervous prior and after the procedures, though they went well.

He's such a charmer and smiler. He makes me melt with his gorgeous
grin
and cuddles. He's also become less complacent, and he lets his siblings
know when they are bothering him. I cheer him on! LOL He also is
"talking". He holds his hand out in front of him, as if he's admiring its
dimpled beauty, and he goos and coos. He's taken to yelling at people if
they aren't paying attention to him and then blesses them with a smile.
He's extremely flirty and targets the women who can't resist. Grant
can
say, "mmmmmmmaa" and "dada", and he makes kissy noises. I love this age.
My oldest was sitting next to him one day, and I noticed she was crying.
When I asked what she was upset about, she burst into tears and sobs and
asked how far away his birthday was. She doesn't want him to turn one
because he's growing up too fast. I know just how she feels!!

He sounds absolutely wonderful.

rj

Old August 21st 06, 08:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:09:46 -0700, "Joybelle"
wrote:

My oldest was sitting next to him one day, and I noticed she was crying.
When I asked what she was upset about, she burst into tears and sobs and
asked how far away his birthday was. She doesn't want him to turn one
because he's growing up too fast. I know just how she feels!!

Awwww :-)
Thanks for the update!

Nan
Old August 21st 06, 08:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leslie

Joy,

I want to see some more pictures! I do think Grant is one of thc
cutest babies I have ever seen.

They grow too fast, don't they? Lorelei will be 2 in November. My 12
year old was getting all teary-eeyed over that the other day!

Leslie

Old August 21st 06, 10:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & joanna

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
Grant 9-05 www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip

They certanily do grow up too quickly, I can't believe my Joanna is almost 7
months, only seems like yesterday she was born.

April

Old August 21st 06, 10:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Joybelle wrote:
My oldest was sitting next to him one day, and I noticed she was crying.
When I asked what she was upset about, she burst into tears and sobs and
asked how far away his birthday was. She doesn't want him to turn one
because he's growing up too fast. I know just how she feels!!

So sweet.... It sounds like he's doing great; I'm so happy for
*all* of you!! I forget -- does he need more surgery in the near
future or is he good for now?

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old August 22nd 06, 03:08 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"Joybelle" wrote in message
.. .
Just thought I'd post an update.

awwwww

chris

Old August 22nd 06, 05:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Tori M

They grow too fast, don't they? Lorelei will be 2 in November. My 12
year old was getting all teary-eeyed over that the other day!

*crying* I can not believe Chunky Monkey Xavier is going to be 2 in just
over 2 months!!!!!!

Tori

Old August 22nd 06, 05:50 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Joybelle

"Rebecca Jo" wrote in message
"Joybelle" wrote:

Just thought I'd post an update. Grant has been doing fairly well. The
most exciting thing is he's mobile! He's able to "inchworm" across a
room,
and he's quite proud of his achievement. As am I! He's been getting
better and faster, since he started doing it a month ago.

Woo! I loved when Alexander started doing that. It was so cute.

It really is adorable! He is so determined, too.

[...]

It's been frustrating. I've been in knots about it because we just aren't
pinpointing the problem. It's been thought it could be due to his frequent
usage of antibiotics, and he has a GI infection. I'm supposed to obtain a
stool sample, but with diarrhea it is Not easy. Not one little bit. I've
tried, I have, but with only a little success.

Since he's started the iron, I think he seems to feel better (despite
teething, too) and he seems more energetic.

He sounds absolutely wonderful.

Thank you so much, rj!!

Joy

Old August 22nd 06, 05:50 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Joybelle

"Nan" wrote in message

Awwww :-)
Thanks for the update!

Thank you, Nan!

Joy

Update to update on Shiny [email protected] Pregnancy 4 March 24th 06 01:06 AM
32 week update and fluid issues update Jennifer Howe Pregnancy 1 April 29th 05 06:55 AM
Baby stopping breathing update and question UPDATE T68b Pregnancy 1 February 8th 05 09:25 AM
Update Jamie Clark Pregnancy 4 October 1st 04 06:37 AM
Use critical update Alex Nemeth Single Parents 0 October 2nd 03 03:42 AM