Is standing in the corner forbidden now?

Old November 24th 04, 12:07 PM
Bob LeChevalier

(Graham) wrote:
Gray Shockley wrote

Your chamber is empty but you keep pulling the trigger.

Where'd you pick that up? Is it supposed to be clever and witty?

You leftist misfits are a dime a dozen. You all crawled out from
under the same rock; and most come from a "Christian" childhood,
just like you. Listen, just because you came from scum who called
themselves Christian doesn't mean they're all that way.

So you claim that many people who call themselves "Christian" aren't
really Christian ....

Here's a reality check for ya: The WORLD population is fully
ONE THIRD Christian!

Except that most of those are "scum who called themselves Christian"
as you put it. Church attendance in most of Europe is under 10%, and
most of Europe is to the left of American "leftists" so there's a half
billion of those "Christians" who are "scum" in your book. If you
continue the 'analysis', you'll find that fewer than 1 in 10 of the
world's population meets the fundie definition of "Christian".

That means that one out of every THREE humans on Earth belongs to the faith.

Nope. It means that one in three accept the label "Christian", while
meaning by it something far different than what you think it means.

It is BY FAR the largest religion on Earth,

No. It is several hundred religions, and the largest branch, Roman
Catholicism, is up there with the largest branches of Islam

#2 is far behind.

Nope.

This nation has "In God We Trust" on every coin and piece of paper currency minted;

Which means absolutely nothing, because the Supreme Court permits the
slogan to be on the money ONLY because it means absolutely nothing
(ceremonial deism). If it meant something religious, then it would be
unconstitutional to put it on the money.

Congress pens every session with prayer to the Christian God;

I'll bet Joe Liebermann doesn't think so.

our dating system is based on the birth of Jesus Christ;

No, Because of course we have no idea what year Christ was born in.

Christmas is, by far, the biggest holiday of the year;

And it is of course a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, far
predating Christianity.

even your darlings the Clintons pray to the Christian God,

If they are Christians, then I hope that they would.

so get over it. Are these facts

They aren't facts, as dealt with above.

lojbab
--
lojbab

Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
(Opinions are my own; I do not speak for the organization.)
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban:
http://www.lojban.org
Old November 24th 04, 05:56 PM
Graham

Gray Shockley wrote in message s.com...

delusional ravings popped

I think my post must have caused a short in the pig entrails
this poor boy has for brains. Cuckoo cuckoo cuckooo...poor
boy thinks he's Sgt. Rock or something now.

Gray, you're a damaged unit. Do the right thing.

--
Graham
Old November 24th 04, 06:17 PM
Graham

Bob LeChevalier wrote in message . ..

more pathetic attempts to keep Bob's little belief system
intact snipped

But some is just too good to snip. Very amusing.

It is BY FAR the largest religion on Earth,

No. It is several hundred religions, and the largest branch, Roman
Catholicism, is up there with the largest branches of Islam

Uh, ever checked with a common dictionary, encyclopedia, World Almanac,
or any of the countless other sources that could explain this to you?
I happen to have the American College Heritage Dictionary nearby:

Christianity- 1. The Christian religion. 2. Christians as a group;
Christendom. 3. The state or fact of being a Christian.

Now, wasn't that easy. You can tell your counselor that Graham taught
you something new today.

our dating system is based on the birth of Jesus Christ;

No, Because of course we have no idea what year Christ was born in.

Most historians believe it was 4 B.C. By the way, it is currently
the year 2004 A.D., that's Anno Domini (In the year of our Lord).
(This is too easy.) The Common Era crap that you leftist clowns
tried to replace (C.E. and B.C.E for A.D. and B.C.) didn't fly for
long. Nice try, but you're greatly outnumbered. Overruled
you might say.

Christmas is, by far, the biggest holiday of the year;

And it is of course a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, far
predating Christianity.

Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

They aren't facts, as dealt with above.

And monkeys fly. BTW, I never stated which religion (if any)
I belonged to. But I'm a man who lives according to facts.
You and Gray Shocktreatments live by something else, but you're
still fun to kick around every now and then.

--
Graham
Old November 24th 04, 06:30 PM
Cary Kittrell

In article (Graham) writes:

Bob LeChevalier wrote in message . ..

more pathetic attempts to keep Bob's little belief system
intact snipped

But some is just too good to snip. Very amusing.

It is BY FAR the largest religion on Earth,

No. It is several hundred religions, and the largest branch, Roman
Catholicism, is up there with the largest branches of Islam

Uh, ever checked with a common dictionary, encyclopedia, World Almanac,
or any of the countless other sources that could explain this to you?
I happen to have the American College Heritage Dictionary nearby:

Christianity- 1. The Christian religion. 2. Christians as a group;
Christendom. 3. The state or fact of being a Christian.

Now, wasn't that easy. You can tell your counselor that Graham taught
you something new today.

We'll have to check that with the "Catholics are idolators" Christian
contingent which infests this newsgroup. We'll get back to you on this.

our dating system is based on the birth of Jesus Christ;

No, Because of course we have no idea what year Christ was born in.

Most historians believe it was 4 B.C. By the way, it is currently
the year 2004 A.D., that's Anno Domini (In the year of our Lord).
(This is too easy.) The Common Era crap that you leftist clowns
tried to replace (C.E. and B.C.E for A.D. and B.C.) didn't fly for
long. Nice try, but you're greatly outnumbered. Overruled
you might say.

Really? Every date I've read over the last few years has been
given in the more recent system.

Christmas is, by far, the biggest holiday of the year;

And it is of course a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, far
predating Christianity.

Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

Christmas celebrates consumerism. If it celebrated the birth
of Christ in more than a secondary and perfunctory way, we
wouldn't see the inevitable annual urging to "put Christ back
in Christmas" coming from the Christian sector.

They aren't facts, as dealt with above.

And monkeys fly. BTW, I never stated which religion (if any)
I belonged to. But I'm a man who lives according to facts.
You and Gray Shocktreatments live by something else, but you're
still fun to kick around every now and then.

I personally would be interested in seeing that. When will you start?

-- cary

Old November 24th 04, 09:14 PM
Bob LeChevalier

(Graham) wrote:
It is BY FAR the largest religion on Earth,

No. It is several hundred religions, and the largest branch, Roman
Catholicism, is up there with the largest branches of Islam

Uh, ever checked with a common dictionary, encyclopedia, World Almanac,
or any of the countless other sources that could explain this to you?
I happen to have the American College Heritage Dictionary nearby:

Christianity- 1. The Christian religion.

Which isn't a singular entity.

2. Christians as a group;

They aren't.

Christendom.

That went out with the end of the Middle Ages.

3. The state or fact of being a Christian.

A definition which is both non-defining and irrelevant.

Now, wasn't that easy. You can tell your counselor that Graham taught
you something new today.

Not hardly.

our dating system is based on the birth of Jesus Christ;

No, Because of course we have no idea what year Christ was born in.

Most historians believe it was 4 B.C.

Most "historians" have no opinions whatsoever, and do NOT assign a
particular year.

By the way, it is currently
the year 2004 A.D., that's Anno Domini (In the year of our Lord).
(This is too easy.) The Common Era crap that you leftist clowns
tried to replace (C.E. and B.C.E for A.D. and B.C.) didn't fly for
long.

Jews use those abbreviations all the time, so it seems to have flown
quite well.

Nice try, but you're greatly outnumbered.

No.

Overruled you might say.

No.

Christmas is, by far, the biggest holiday of the year;

And it is of course a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, far
predating Christianity.

Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

Nope. In Greco-Roman countries, it took over the Bacchanalia, and the
Saturnalia. In Northern European countries, it took over the Pagan
holiday Yule. There is no evidence in the historical record or in the
Bible that Christ was born in December, and indeed considerable
evidence that it was in the spring or summer, when shepherds would be
out grazing their flocks at night.

They aren't facts, as dealt with above.

And monkeys fly.

Only if they get on a 747 or similar construct.

BTW, I never stated which religion (if any) I belonged to.

Why should I care?

But I'm a man who lives according to facts.

You seem rather confused as to what a "fact" is.

You and Gray Shocktreatments live by something else, but you're
still fun to kick around every now and then.

As for my religious beliefs, in those matters I live entirely by
faith, since religious beliefs are inherently outside of the world of
"factual evaluation"

lojbab

Old November 24th 04, 09:44 PM
Dave Thompson

"Graham" wrote in message
om...
Bob LeChevalier wrote in message
. ..

more pathetic attempts to keep Bob's little belief system
intact snipped

But some is just too good to snip. Very amusing.

It is BY FAR the largest religion on Earth,

No. It is several hundred religions, and the largest branch, Roman
Catholicism, is up there with the largest branches of Islam

Uh, ever checked with a common dictionary, encyclopedia, World Almanac,
or any of the countless other sources that could explain this to you?
I happen to have the American College Heritage Dictionary nearby:

Christianity- 1. The Christian religion. 2. Christians as a group;
Christendom. 3. The state or fact of being a Christian.

Now, wasn't that easy. You can tell your counselor that Graham taught
you something new today.

It all depends on whether you are taking a liberal, or inclusive view, or a
conservative view where some are lableled cults or "bad Christians".

Do you consider Mormons "Christians"? They do. How about Unitarians, or
non-practicing Christians? If you consider all these to be Christian, then
how liberal of you!

BTW, every survey on religion says that for the last 30 years Christianity
has stayed static and Islam will surpass it in about 50 years. Non believers
and non practitioners will also get close by that time.

our dating system is based on the birth of Jesus Christ;

No, Because of course we have no idea what year Christ was born in.

Most historians believe it was 4 B.C. By the way, it is currently
the year 2004 A.D., that's Anno Domini (In the year of our Lord).
(This is too easy.) The Common Era crap that you leftist clowns
tried to replace (C.E. and B.C.E for A.D. and B.C.) didn't fly for
long. Nice try, but you're greatly outnumbered. Overruled
you might say.

Christmas is, by far, the biggest holiday of the year;

And it is of course a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, far
predating Christianity.

Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

Maybe for some, but many don't. Christmas has become a secular holiday where
the social aspect outweighs the religious. People are free to celebrate it
as a secular holiday, as a religious holiday, or even acknowledge it's pagan
roots. Some Christians don't celebrate it at all.

They aren't facts, as dealt with above.

And monkeys fly. BTW, I never stated which religion (if any)
I belonged to. But I'm a man who lives according to facts.

Then you are a realist, bright, atheist, or agnostic. Maybe even a
Unitarian. Definately not a theist, who relies on faith, not fact.

You and Gray Shocktreatments live by something else, but you're
still fun to kick around every now and then.

No, they are pretty realistic in their beliefs. It's funny when theists
claim that their religion is based on facts when their own religion says
that it is faith, not fact, that is the basis for their belief, and facts
are not required. Creationists are most guilty of this transgression.

Old November 24th 04, 10:02 PM
Circe

Dave Thompson wrote:
Do you consider Mormons "Christians"? They do. How about
Unitarians, or non-practicing Christians?

As a Unitarian-Universalist, I certainly hope nobody thinks of me as a
Christian. Unlike the Mormons, I *don't* think of myself as Christian and
want no part of that designation, thanks!
--
Be well, Barbara

Tolerance, equality, and personal liberty *are* moral values!

Old November 24th 04, 10:21 PM
Cary Kittrell

In article Bx7pd.141583$bk1.127774@fed1read05 "Circe" writes:

Dave Thompson wrote:
Do you consider Mormons "Christians"? They do. How about
Unitarians, or non-practicing Christians?

As a Unitarian-Universalist, I certainly hope nobody thinks of me as a
Christian. Unlike the Mormons, I *don't* think of myself as Christian and
want no part of that designation, thanks!
--
Be well, Barbara

Tolerance, equality, and personal liberty *are* moral values!

Since, as we can clearly see from your .sig, you are one of those
wrong-headed anti-American NPR listeners, and likely French to boot:
did you hear that Prairie Home Companion skit in which Garrison
is trying to help the little girl locate her missing parents --
and it turns out that the Rapture has come and gone, and only
the Unitarians were taken?

-- cary

Old November 24th 04, 11:00 PM
Circe

Cary Kittrell wrote:
Since, as we can clearly see from your .sig, you are one of those
wrong-headed anti-American NPR listeners, and likely French to boot:

LOL!

did you hear that Prairie Home Companion skit in which Garrison
is trying to help the little girl locate her missing parents --
and it turns out that the Rapture has come and gone, and only
the Unitarians were taken?

Yes. It was a scream.

Personally, I keep hoping that the fundamentalists are right and Bush gets
taken in the Rapture, but I doubt we'll be that lucky...