Anyone else get sick ALL the time?

Old October 21st 03, 08:57 PM
Christine

Default Anyone else get sick ALL the time?

Ok, I've heard of morning sickness.....
but I'm sick day and night.....i'll usually start feeling better around
11:00 pm...
and I'll get sick shortly after I wake up.

Today I feel ok.....but i could be sick all day tomorrow,,,,,

I'm getting married on Sat. I just pray I make it down the
isle.....LOL.......

Is there anything the Dr. can give for this?

Old October 21st 03, 09:29 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
Christine wrote:
Ok, I've heard of morning sickness.....
but I'm sick day and night.....i'll usually start feeling better around
11:00 pm...
and I'll get sick shortly after I wake up.

I have a friend who had to take three weeks off work during her fourth
pregnancy because the morning sickness was so bad. "Whoever called it
'morning' sickness," she grumbled at me afterward, "was a liar."

I don't think I have it as bad as you do, but I do feel sick all day,
starting about 10 minutes after I get up. I've actually learned to
appreciate it - I take it as a sign that all the hormones are doing the
right things! The only thing that helps me is to nibble on something,
which is of course the last thing my body wants me to do.

I'm getting married on Sat. I just pray I make it down the
isle.....LOL.......

Congratulations! In all seriousness - are you having attendants? Could one
of them discreetly tuck a sick-bag somewhere on their person, just in case?
You would not be the first bride in the world to get sick during the ceremony;
and the good news is that you'll be married at the end of it, whether you
throw up or not.

Is there anything the Dr. can give for this?

I know I've heard people here mention pregnancy-safe anti-nausea medication...
anybody?

Liz

--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old October 22nd 03, 01:42 AM
Jill

"Christine" wrote in message
Ok, I've heard of morning sickness.....
but I'm sick day and night.....i'll usually start feeling better around
11:00 pm...
and I'll get sick shortly after I wake up.

That sounds a lot like me. I had to get the doctor to give me something when
it got to the point that I could not eat and was losing weight. They tried
phenergan which did not help and then gave me Zofran which seems to work
pretty well for me and doesn't make me sleepy or anything. But is
monstrously expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it.

One thing - are you careful not to get an empty stomach? I learned the hard
way that even if I didn't feel like eating it's the empty stomach that makes
the nausea worse, so try to keep some small bits of food down as often as
you can even if it's just a bite of cracker....also avoid foods that you
notice make you sicker (that sounds obvious, I know...but it took me a while
to figure out that any amount of cheese was making me sicker as well as
other dairy...)

Old October 22nd 03, 01:46 AM
Jill

"Daye" wrote

Are you throwing up all day or just feel like you are going to?

My doctors asked me this. If it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't eat,
they wanted to wait to give me medication until it was bad enough where I
was at risk of getting dehydrated from throwing up so much. Also they said
some women who are throwing up a lot need nausea medication as well as
antacids. In my case I was mostly sick feeling and rarely throwing up but
after my 6-7th week it progressed to throwing up - still not a lot, but when
I was throwing up it would be all day or until my stomach was empty.

I am 10 weeks along and not feeling a whole lot better yet but the Zofran is
helping, especially while not letting my stomach get empty and lying down
when I feel worse.

I hope the original poster (and anyone else sick!) feels better soon!

Old October 22nd 03, 03:32 AM
Irrational Number

Christine wrote:
Ok, I've heard of morning sickness.....
but I'm sick day and night.....

That's why I like the term Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
(NVP) instead of "morning sickness". According to my husband
and my coworkers, I was basically green for three months.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old October 22nd 03, 05:27 AM
.x.

Oh yeah!!

I know just how you feel - I am soooo nauseated 23 1/2 hours a day. My 1/2
hour window is first thing in the morning. I throw up every Saturday night
(for the last 4 weeks) and the odd day or two in between.

The only thing I have found that helps is to use those squashy ear plugs in
my nose when cooking is going on

I have been off work for 5 weeks now and it's mentally really hard - I'm
sooo bored. I can't wait to enjoy food again.

The doctor should be able to give you some medicine for your wedding day
(and night). My doctor said he will give me something to help after 12
weeks (I am 10 and a half) - but it is possible to have medicine before
then. I just have to hang in there if I can. I have a big circle on my
calendar and I cross off every day - it's like waiting for Christmas.

Good luck for your wedding.

Camille

Old October 22nd 03, 12:24 PM
Jill

".x." wrote

I have been off work for 5 weeks now and it's mentally really hard - I'm
sooo bored. I can't wait to enjoy food again.

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Old October 22nd 03, 09:00 PM
Ilse Witch

Christine wrote:
Ok, I've heard of morning sickness.....
but I'm sick day and night.....i'll usually start feeling better around
11:00 pm...
and I'll get sick shortly after I wake up.

Today I feel ok.....but i could be sick all day tomorrow,,,,,

I'm getting married on Sat. I just pray I make it down the
isle.....LOL.......

Is there anything the Dr. can give for this?

Yes, the joy of major misnomers (sp?)...

What helps best is to keep your stomach filled, so eat small
meals at least every two hours. Eat only what you feel like
eating, don't try to stick to a particular diet. At this point
it is more important that you get any nutrient than none. Also
drink lots and lots of water.

I take some homeopathic drops that work good for me, they are
called Nux Vomica (fantastic name, isn't it?). I believe you
can get them OTC, and they are perfectly safe in pregnancy.
Take 15 drops in a large glass of water 2-4 times a day,
especially before meals (you can downsize the portions if you
need).

If you are specifically worried about your wedding, ask your
doctor what he can do for you. There may be some medications
that are safe when used occasionally, but are not generally
recommended in pregancy.

I hope you have a wonderful weddingday!!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)