Unique or is it... advice wanted from fathers

Old October 9th 06, 04:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Unique or is it... advice wanted from fathers

Ill try to make this as brief s possible...
Young at 19, girl has my child (we'd been broken up during her
pregnacy) in Virginia. I sign paternity papers and help deliver the
baby. We live together for 5 months before her mother throws me out. We
stay together and I provide baby needs diapers, clothes, cash, etc.
Mother is working and living with her mother.
We break up 10 months later she summonds me to court and Im ordered to
pay $65 month because of insolvent.
We get back together 6 months later and live together "parties
reconciled" for almost 3 years.
She finds someone and moves out ( I see the kid every couple weeks ). I
move to another town (with my mother) a couple months later.
A few months later I move out to another town for a better job not long
later Chil'd mother abandoned him at my mother's house. A few months
later she takes him back and moves without telling me.
6 months later Im able to find him through her mother. I start paying
$150 per month and see him every two weeks. She has another child also
now at this point with the same guy. Months later she has another one.
Mmonths later child moves in with me, she dosent pay me anything. Then
9 months later she starts to pay me $150 per month.
2 years later (total) child moves in with his mother and step father
(they are married now).
I pay them $150 month.
They have moved out of state (to FL).
3 months later I move out of state (to NY).
1 year later they abandon child at MY mothers!
A few months later they take him back.
I dont know where they are. (Later I find out GA).
1 year later I find them (her mother) and they are moving to TX now.
I pay them $150 per month (so I can at least talk to him)
1 year later step father threatens to abandon him if he flies here to
see me (he wont take him back).
Now Im paying $200 per month (WTF FOR?) just to talk to him but Im
trying to get it together to get the kid back once and for all but not
here (NYC).
couple weeks ago - I get a paternity summons... she's trying to take
legal action!!
I have some idea's about changing my taxes etc and Im thinking of
ignoring the summons. Talk about greedy. They now have 3 other kids and
the step-father manages several BMW dealerships. They have big money
already and Im struggling as a pc technician. I know this could be
worse from what Ive seen now, but that dosent mean its going to get bad
now.
My point is this - where do we all stand in this situation since there
is no outstanding child support (that I know of), we were unwed in a
state none of us are in now, she's remarried to a wealthy man, etc
etc??! Thanks in advance.

Old October 9th 06, 05:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
?-?

wrote in

My point is this - where do we all stand in this situation since there
is no outstanding child support (that I know of), we were unwed in a
state none of us are in now, she's remarried to a wealthy man, etc
etc??! Thanks in advance.

What ever the history, none of that matters to the family court.

All she has to do is file in the state that the child lives in now.

Her income and his income are not counted, just your income will be
concidered for the rate you will pay.

If you think $200/mth was a lot, wait until you see what these government
vultures will attach to your wages. Just pray to God they don't invent an
arrearage that starts from the day the child was born, anything you payed up
to this point is concidered a gift.

Old October 9th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Were you paying under a child support order, or just on your own?

Do you have proof that you paid the money?

Do you have proof of the abandonments?

Get together all the documentation that you can, and hope it is enough.

Old October 9th 06, 03:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
Tracy

wrote in message
ups.com...

My point is this - where do we all stand in this situation since there
is no outstanding child support (that I know of), we were unwed in a
state none of us are in now, she's remarried to a wealthy man, etc
etc??! Thanks in advance.

I'm not a father, but a mother and will address this as if I was YOUR
mother. Life can suck. Talk to an attorney immediately. In my opinion the
mother of your child is unstable with all this moving from state to state
and leaving the child is other people's care for several months at a time.
There may be a chance for you to gain custody of the child. The child
support issue will become a huge issue if you don't act quickly. Do NOT
ignor any court order, but act on it immediately. Attorneys can be
expensive, but it could be less then what you'll end up paying in the long
run.

I hope things work out in the long run for both you and your child.

Tracy

Old October 9th 06, 11:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Thanks you everyone for your feedback! It helps to know there are those
out there (especially women) that dont call me deadbeat dad etc...
This world is getting crazier and crazier and people wonder why... Try
because the family unit in this nation has come apart (for the most
part)... Thanks for the good wishes and Im sure in the long run
everything will be ok...

Tracy wrote:
ups.com...