cat scratches

Old July 26th 03, 09:06 PM
The Visionary

Default cat scratches

"LFortier" wrote in message

Scars. My 9 yo dd has a thin scar on the side of her nose from a cat
scratch when she was a baby or toddler. I second the idea of the cat
having lots of safe places to hide, and really work on the concept of
gentle. With time and repetition, Ollie will catch on.

It's not just babies that get scratched from cats either.
My 15 year old son pushed our cat just that little bit too far couple of
weeks ago. He wasn't being cruel, just messing about, but the cat didn't
appreciate it! I heard a terrible hiss from the cat then a loud wail of pain
from said teenage son. The cat had left a bloody scratch the complete
length of one of his thighs.
I had little sympathy for him as he winced as I dabbed Dettol into it!

Old July 29th 03, 01:47 PM

"GI Trekker" wrote in message
Ollie's trying to say "cat," we think -- he makes this
coughing sound only at the cat

I'm sorry, I know this is a rather serious issue, but I can't resist...

Are you sure this coughing sound isn't a hairball?

this actually got an OUT LOUD laugh from me. I usually just grin big at
funny things on here
Edith
nak

Old August 2nd 03, 11:56 PM

"LFortier" wrote in message
Sara wrote:

My nine-month-old baby loves our cat. Loves to chase him, to pet him,
to try to eat him. The cat is surprisingly tolerant, but... well...
there have been incidents. We keep the cat's claws trimmed and try to
stop the violence, but even so Ollie's getting quite a few scratches.

Is there anything to worry about with these scratches? I've read about
"cat scratch fever," but anything else? (He's an indoor, healthy cat.)

Scars. My 9 yo dd has a thin scar on the side of her nose from a cat
scratch when she was a baby or toddler. I second the idea of the cat
having lots of safe places to hide, and really work on the concept of
gentle. With time and repetition, Ollie will catch on.

Lesley

my 18 yo still has a scar on her arm from when she was around 10 or so. she
was introducing our cat to her new puppy, but for some (unknown by me)
reason, she put the _cat_ on a leash first... I thought we might have to go
to the ER, but after cleaning her up, it wasn't as bad as I first imagined.
scared the daylights out of me though...
--
Edith
oht nak